The Official Rooted Android Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    I have the hero. I just tried the cyanogen froyo rom and the phone wouldn't even boot. Installing fresth toast 2.1.1 right now. Is that the one you said you didn't like? Lots of guys here are running it.
    I tried the other Fresh ROM. I think the Toast one is overclocked. Nothing but problems for me.

Make sure you have patience during the reboot. It can take up to 20 minutes after flashing a new ROM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Also, I assume you know about nandroid? Be sure to back up your phone before you flash any ROMs.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Also, I assume you know about nandroid? Be sure to back up your phone before you flash any ROMs.
        Yep. I'm installing the Zen ROM now.
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I really like this ROM. Great recommendation. Do you have a theme server set up in Zen updater?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I really like this ROM. Great recommendation. Do you have a theme server set up in Zen updater?

No.

Comment

I don't see a thread about Android apps, so I'll put here a link to a good summary of very interesting ones:

http://lifehacker.com/5616299/lifeha...yline=true&s=i
              Last edited by LA Ute; 08-29-2010, 09:24 PM.
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I am tempted to hack my MyTouch. It is just sitting in my desk drawer. I bought the HTC HD2, but other than the big pretty screen, I hate it. Apps are very limited and it crashes and locks up on me often.
                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                  I am tempted to hack my MyTouch. It is just sitting in my desk drawer. I bought the HTC HD2, but other than the big pretty screen, I hate it. Apps are very limited and it crashes and locks up on me often.
                  You should try hacking your HD2. XDA Developers were working on putting Android on it. I think they may even have it up and running now.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought I would celebrate my first mobile post by posting in this thread with my new Droid Incredible.

So now that I am in the 21st century, now what?
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      I thought I would celebrate my first mobile post by posting in this thread with my new Droid Incredible.

You lay back and smoke a cig.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        You lay back and smoke a cig.
                        Pretty much.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post

You are supposed to root it. Which I think means something vastly different in Australia.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

I tried out the CyanogenMod-6 ROM this week:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755795

It is based on Froyo. I am getting a little concerned that the ZenEXP developers have moved on to other projects. All the buzz seems to be in the Cyanogen corner these days as you can see from the traffic in the different threads. It is pretty cool. Fast and stable and I like how the contacts, phone, etc are set up. Very limited set of widgets, but that is not that big of a deal to me. Battery life is so-so.

Comment

I'm going to get the new G2 from Tmobile when it comes out next month but in the meantime I put the newest Cyanogenmod on my G1 tonight.

It is almost like having a new phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I tried out the CyanogenMod-6 ROM this week:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755795

It is based on Froyo. I am getting a little concerned that the ZenEXP developers have moved on to other projects. All the buzz seems to be in the Cyanogen corner these days as you can see from the traffic in the different threads. It is pretty cool. Fast and stable and I like how the contacts, phone, etc are set up. Very limited set of widgets, but that is not that big of a deal to me. Battery life is so-so.
                                Will someone answer some stupid questions for me? In the link Duderino provided the poster says that it will "greatly extend the capabilities of your phone". What does that mean? Looking at and playing with these phones it seems they are nearly limitless in their capabilities already. What would a lay person like myself see gained by removing the factory OS and installing this?
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X