No announcement yet.

Blessing a child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I switched, and I would switch again if I ever did another blessing. I want to talk to the baby.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I switched, and I would switch again if I ever did another blessing. I want to talk to the baby.
      Dude, the baby can't understand you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Dude, the baby can't understand you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Maybe not your dumb babies.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            No. But that's because I don't start those blessings addressing Heavenly Father. People are going to do what is most comfortable to them. It never felt natural to me to address HF and then stop talking to him. Others will feel more natural speaking the blessing to the baby. NBD either way.
            It is a two part process. A name and a blessing are separate acts rolled into one prayer. To give a name you address HF. To give a blessing you address the person receiving a blessing.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
              It is a two part process. A name and a blessing are separate acts rolled into one prayer. To give a name you address HF. To give a blessing you address the person receiving a blessing.
              Except when you don't.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                I talk to HF the whole blessing because it feels right to me. And I'm in the church because I just do whatever feels good.

Comment

• I switched because that’s what felt more natural. None of it matters anyway. It’s not a saving ordinance and blessing a kid to get married in the temple or to serve a mission is really weird, IMO. I didn’t outline my kids’ lives in their blessings. I just blessed them with various Christlike attributes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Well, I guess those that are team switch are wrong.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Well, I guess those that are team switch are wrong.
                      I think you mean team non-switch.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I think you mean team non-switch.
                        Yep, team switch for the win.

Comment

• Go back to around page 7 of this thread. So much repenting to do for so many. I started multiquoting but there were just too many, so I stopped. Tsk tsk. so many invalid baby blessings being offered by the CS brethren.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Did All-American chime in on this earlier in the thread?
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Did All-American chime in on this earlier in the thread?
                              I don't remember if it was this or another, but I remember saying I switched and did so with approval of those present.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Go back to around page 7 of this thread. So much repenting to do for so many. I started multiquoting but there were just too many, so I stopped. Tsk tsk. so many invalid baby blessings being offered by the CS brethren.
                                Meh. Still going to avoid the switch if I have another kid. And I feel that is consistent with what was said tonight (as is the switch).
                                Last edited by Omaha 680; 03-31-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X