Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Cutting out Cable Thread (Internet TV!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    The problem is I can't even sign up. I get an error code on my Roku (stand alone and built in on TV), firestick, Samsung TV app and on my Android phone. It's telling me Disney + isn't available in all areas at this time.

I'm taking everyone's word for it regarding the slim pickings, maybe that's not accurate.
    Haha, just repeating rumors then?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
      Yep. Way more there. They are only showing 12 thumbnails. Used the search function up top and see what you want to watch. I spent a half an hour last night just searching old titles and seeing what was there.
      Not sure how to search for original programming when you don't know what they are. Where can you find the list?

I still believe there are really only 12 original programs currently there. It looks like there are lots in the pipeline though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_by_Disney%2B (doesn't list Lady and the Tramp and Noelle in there)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        The bigger question is, why would you want to watch that?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I watched the first episode of the Mandalorian last night. It was alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Can you think of a better title to stress test the current Diz+ library?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Can you think of a better title to stress test the current Diz+ library?
              If I were Lebowski and faced with answering my question above, that's exactly how I would respond.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Fair question. But that's not the point.

My kids liked that when they were little. It is just one of the titles I thought of as I was testing the search feature.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  Yep. Way more there. They are only showing 12 thumbnails. Used the search function up top and see what you want to watch. I spent a half an hour last night just searching old titles and seeing what was there.
                  How am I supposed to know what original content I am supposed to search for? Old titles are not that interesting. I was looking for new original stuff, like Netflix pumps out and Apple is starting to.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• So far Disney+ is a big fail. That won't stop Disney enthusiasts from being convinced and trying to convince you that that isn't the case. Disney could drop a big deuce in your driveway and Disney enthusiasts will come up with 100 reasons why it is so great that Disney did that.

Comment

• I haven't subscribed to Disney+ (all these separate streaming services are beginning to get tiresome, not to mention expensive), but I'm surprised to hear the complaints about lack of content. On another forum I frequent, the talk has all been the opposite. Everything you could ever want! is how its been described. Well, except for Harland Williams' Rocketman.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I haven't subscribed to Disney+ (all these separate streaming services are beginning to get tiresome, not to mention expensive), but I'm surprised to hear the complaints about lack of content. On another forum I frequent, the talk has all been the opposite. Everything you could ever want! is how its been described. Well, except for Harland Williams' Rocketman.
                        See imajapanesedude's post above.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          See imajapanesedude's post above.
                          Ha. That Disney enthusiasts are lying to the rest of us must be the only answer.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Finally figured out how to get Hulu set up with the bundle. You have to go into your Disney Plus account settings -> "billing details" and in the My services section click "Watch Now" for Hulu. It then takes you to Hulu to set up the account.

Comment

Ha. That Disney enthusiasts are lying to the rest of us must be the only answer.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ng-1203402270/

In its Nov. 12 debut, the service was beset by multiple problems, including Disney Plus customers being unable to log in to the service, access specific content, or use certain streaming devices — while some who called Disney’s customer service line for help were left on hold for an hour or more.
                              Lots of people had trouble locating content.

I am sure they will get it figured out eventually.

Comment

• I like the service just fine after day one. I'm not ready to burn down the village like some folks.

Original content is in the pipeline. Mandalorian is the first one. There are some Marvel ones in production as well. For $7...it is a great deal. I don't have to buy another DVD again, and if I don't want to go watch it in the theater then I can catch it 3 months later here.

Now if they will do a Hulu Live bundle...I'm even further down the rabbit hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X