• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    It happens to the best of us.
    and also wuap.

ZING!
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

If you don't want people giving their opinions on your flame wars, then stick to text messaging. Or email. Or phone. But if you put it in an open forum, don't get your g-string in a wad when people express their opinions. 12-year old shit like a fake fight belongs on Cougarboard or Cougarguard.

Comment

Laughing with somebody or at somebody, either works for me.
        Last edited by Indy Coug; 06-30-2010, 09:27 AM.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          If you don't want people giving their opinions on your flame wars, then stick to text messaging. Or email. Or phone. But if you put it in an open forum, don't get your g-string in a wad when people express their opinions. 12-year old shit like a fake fight belongs on Cougarboard or Cougarguard.
          You assume too much.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

You assume too much.
            Don't even try to deny that you wear a g-string.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Don't even try to deny that you wear a g-string.
              Only on days that end in "y."
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

You assume too much.
                You're right. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit assuming you know how to use or own a cell phone.

Comment

You're right. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit assuming you know how to use or own a cell phone.
                  Gross Pointe Blank (1997)

Do you *really* believe that there's some stored up conflict that exists between us? There *is* no us. *We* don't exist. So who do you wanna hit, man? It's not me. Now whaddya wanna do here, man?

Comment

Am I the only one who wonders if DDD's recent departure has something to do with receiving some very private (and excited?) banana pictures from Wuap?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      Am I the only one who wonders if DDD's recent departure has something to do with receiving some very private (and excited?) banana pictures from Wuap?
                      I believe the word you were looking for is "tasteful."

Comment

Sizzle: I don't have any problem with members of the board sharing their opinion on the matter. It's when the board's overlords selectively target posts that they disagree with, then send veiled suspension threats via boardmail. People who are mods and committee members here obviously haven't realized yet than when they share a negative opinion, there's no way it won't be assumed that they're speaking as mods, not just board members. I learned that lesson through years of being a mod on CB, so I understand the position they're in. That's just the way it is, though.
                        Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Sizzle: I don't have any problem with members of the board sharing their opinion on the matter. It's when the board's overlords selectively target posts that they disagree with, then send veiled suspension threats via boardmail. People who are mods and committee members here obviously haven't realized yet than when they share a negative opinion, there's no way it won't be assumed that they're speaking as mods, not just board members. I learned that lesson through years of being a mod on CB, so I understand the position they're in. That's just the way it is, though.
                          We're so heavy-handed around here.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                            We're so heavy-handed around here.
                            Not you. Just UtahDan. I *hate* that guy!
                            Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Just UtahDan. I *hate* that guy!
                              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              The martyr choir on CUF is already fully stocked, don't join it.
                              I'm beyond hurt that no one invited me to be in the choir.

Comment

Oh my.

Well I tried to handle this discretely via PM, but given the multiple distortions in your post, I feel compelled to respond publicly in order to set the record straight. As we have said several times, this is a lightly-moderated board. But light moderation does not mean zero moderation. Every now and than we do interject ourselves. Admittedly, this is a subjective process but we use our judgment and try to do our best. As the board admin I get quite a bit of feedback from our users so I like to think that to a certain degree I have my finger on the pulse of things. I am also aware that some of our female members don't particularly enjoy the locker room atmosphere that occasionally prevails here. Given that context, when a poster says something to the effect of "I showed your mother my dick and she likes it", I think that is going well over the line. This is a judgment call I can make with zero reservation. And the fact that you and wuap thought it was hilarious is entirely beside the point. It's juvenile and offensive.

Sizzle: I don't have any problem with members of the board sharing their opinion on the matter. It's when the board's overlords selectively target posts that they disagree with, then send veiled suspension threats via boardmail.
                                I will take note that you prefer to be reprimanded in public rather than in private.

Also, nobody was given a veiled suspension threat. I consider this a lapse in judgment but not a ban-worthy issue. Suspension was never discussed at any point of this episode.

People who are mods and committee members here obviously haven't realized yet than when they share a negative opinion, there's no way it won't be assumed that they're speaking as mods, not just board members. I learned that lesson through years of being a mod on CB, so I understand the position they're in. That's just the way it is, though.
                                This makes no sense. I fully intended to be speaking as an admin in this case.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X