Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuap's banana obsession.

Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    It happens to the best of us.
    and also wuap.

ZING!
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

If you don't want people giving their opinions on your flame wars, then stick to text messaging. Or email. Or phone. But if you put it in an open forum, don't get your g-string in a wad when people express their opinions. 12-year old shit like a fake fight belongs on Cougarboard or Cougarguard.

Laughing with somebody or at somebody, either works for me.
    Last edited by Indy Coug; 06-30-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    If you don't want people giving their opinions on your flame wars, then stick to text messaging. Or email. Or phone. But if you put it in an open forum, don't get your g-string in a wad when people express their opinions. 12-year old shit like a fake fight belongs on Cougarboard or Cougarguard.
    You assume too much.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

You assume too much.
    Don't even try to deny that you wear a g-string.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Only on days that end in "y."
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

You assume too much.
    You're right. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit assuming you know how to use or own a cell phone.

You're right. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit assuming you know how to use or own a cell phone.
    Gross Pointe Blank (1997)

Do you *really* believe that there's some stored up conflict that exists between us? There *is* no us. *We* don't exist. So who do you wanna hit, man? It's not me. Now whaddya wanna do here, man?

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Am I the only one who wonders if DDD's recent departure has something to do with receiving some very private (and excited?) banana pictures from Wuap?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Am I the only one who wonders if DDD's recent departure has something to do with receiving some very private (and excited?) banana pictures from Wuap?
    I believe the word you were looking for is "tasteful."

Sizzle: I don't have any problem with members of the board sharing their opinion on the matter. It's when the board's overlords selectively target posts that they disagree with, then send veiled suspension threats via boardmail. People who are mods and committee members here obviously haven't realized yet than when they share a negative opinion, there's no way it won't be assumed that they're speaking as mods, not just board members. I learned that lesson through years of being a mod on CB, so I understand the position they're in. That's just the way it is, though.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Golf & Cubs Disrespecter beelzebabette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Sizzle: I don't have any problem with members of the board sharing their opinion on the matter. It's when the board's overlords selectively target posts that they disagree with, then send veiled suspension threats via boardmail. People who are mods and committee members here obviously haven't realized yet than when they share a negative opinion, there's no way it won't be assumed that they're speaking as mods, not just board members. I learned that lesson through years of being a mod on CB, so I understand the position they're in. That's just the way it is, though.
    We're so heavy-handed around here.

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebabette View Post
    We're so heavy-handed around here.
    Not you. Just UtahDan. I *hate* that guy!
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Just UtahDan. I *hate* that guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    The martyr choir on CUF is already fully stocked, don't join it.
    I'm beyond hurt that no one invited me to be in the choir.

Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Oh my.

Well I tried to handle this discretely via PM, but given the multiple distortions in your post, I feel compelled to respond publicly in order to set the record straight. As we have said several times, this is a lightly-moderated board. But light moderation does not mean zero moderation. Every now and than we do interject ourselves. Admittedly, this is a subjective process but we use our judgment and try to do our best. As the board admin I get quite a bit of feedback from our users so I like to think that to a certain degree I have my finger on the pulse of things. I am also aware that some of our female members don't particularly enjoy the locker room atmosphere that occasionally prevails here. Given that context, when a poster says something to the effect of "I showed your mother my dick and she likes it", I think that is going well over the line. This is a judgment call I can make with zero reservation. And the fact that you and wuap thought it was hilarious is entirely beside the point. It's juvenile and offensive.

Sizzle: I don't have any problem with members of the board sharing their opinion on the matter. It's when the board's overlords selectively target posts that they disagree with, then send veiled suspension threats via boardmail.
    I will take note that you prefer to be reprimanded in public rather than in private.

Also, nobody was given a veiled suspension threat. I consider this a lapse in judgment but not a ban-worthy issue. Suspension was never discussed at any point of this episode.

People who are mods and committee members here obviously haven't realized yet than when they share a negative opinion, there's no way it won't be assumed that they're speaking as mods, not just board members. I learned that lesson through years of being a mod on CB, so I understand the position they're in. That's just the way it is, though.
    This makes no sense. I fully intended to be speaking as an admin in this case.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

It's the velvety glove that makes you think nothing heavy or fisty could be inside it. But look out! There's manos de piedra in there!

It's the velvety glove that makes you think nothing heavy or fisty could be inside it. But look out! There's un mano de piedra in there!

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    It's the velvety glove that makes you think nothing heavy or fisty could be inside it. But look out! There's un mano de piedra in there!

Never once baby snatched landpoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    "I showed your mother my dick and she likes it"
    As I'm the emotional equivalent of a 13 year old and not moored by any particular moral construct I'm sure it comes as no surprise that this made me laugh.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
    As I'm the emotional equivalent of a 13 year old and not moored by any particular moral construct I'm sure it comes as no surprise that this made me laugh.
    It made me laugh that you laughed.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

waup likes phallic fruits, it doesn't seem that interesting.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Never once baby snatched landpoke's Avatar

It made me laugh that you laughed.
    I laugh at your attempts to make the best of where you have to live.

(it comes off as desperate and pathetic)
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    "I showed your mother my dick and she likes it"
    I'm assuming that it's cool with you that I use this in my sig?
    "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
    I'm assuming that it's cool with you that I use this in my sig?
    Curse you. I am in a meeting and everyone just asked me what I am laughing about.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Banned

Of course he wears a g-string! A g-string is when your g's bunch up into a sweaty knotted cord, something like a sumo wrestler's mawashi. This is usually the result of tense misunderstood conversation which causes reflexive buttocks convulsions that draw the underclothing into the final molded form. They are also frequently caused by riding a bike while wearing any suit purchased from The Men's Warehouse.

I thought the whole thread was pretty damn funny.

Enjoyable thread.. Any chance you guys can post a video of a fake fight?? I think that would just put this over the top...

WAIT!! I found it!! You guys have been doing this for a while huh.. You have gotten better over time.. I'll give you that..

[YOUTUBE]a-IVorz21RU[/YOUTUBE]

a yo mama joke honestly gets a warning? sweet maria. btw sizzle, you're an ass. see that left pointing arrow toward the top left of your screen? push it. the great thing about the internet box is that you aren't required to read anything at all!
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by camleish View Post
    a yo mama joke honestly gets a warning? sweet maria. btw sizzle, you're an ass. see that left pointing arrow toward the top left of your screen? push it. the great thing about the internet box is that you aren't required to read anything at all!
    You are a little late to the thread, to only re-hash the issue, don't you think?
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Quote Originally Posted by camleish View Post
    Thanks for the tip cameltoe!

Thanks for the tip cameltoe!