The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Look, I know you love humping Chip Brown's leg, but the fact is that nobody saw that one coming.

You can't give Chip credit for being a B12 insider as evidence by the TCU thing when he was also saying BYU was in, as well. he simply passes along what he sees on the same message boards we all read.

Right now, people are saying Navy to the Big East. If it happens, I guess it is good inside info, except for the fact that most message boarders can piece together those same scenarios, as well.

Here is the gauntlet.

If you have legit BYU inside info, please tell us all today when the B12 issue will be resolved. if the resolution is positive, please give us a date when it will be announced. If the resolution is negative, please let us know when it was decided and the reasons why.

For Chip Brown, if you are a B12 insider, please give us a final list of B12 teams.

If not, then you are not an "insider." you are a "message board enthusiast."
    Chip has always been Debbie Downer on BYU. He nailed TCU in my opinion. Nobody else was even mentioning TCU as a serious candidate and Chip was saying they'd moved to the top of the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      I don't remember Chip ever saying that BYU was in for sure. I thought he was saying they were at the top of the list when the A&M leaving to the SEC broke but I don't remember him ever coming out and saying BYU was in. After a couple of weeks he went on to say that BYU valued Independence more than the BIG 12 which may turn out to be correct.
      Right, but he said the same thing about TCU. TCU was "at the top of the list."

if Chip were an insider, why didn't he know about the actual TCU invite? That is the sort of thing an insider does, by definition. An insider provides information that outsiders would not know or have access to know. Instead, Chip basically tweets stuff that can be found on other message boards. The real meat....specifics about the TCU invite....where was he on that? Even the morning of the announcement, why didnt he break it down for everyone?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• LOL

More talk of who's an insider and who isn't than anything else.

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
        - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
        - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Right, but he said the same thing about TCU. TCU was "at the top of the list."

if Chip were an insider, why didn't he know about the actual TCU invite? That is the sort of thing an insider does, by definition. An insider provides information that outsiders would not know or have access to know. Instead, Chip basically tweets stuff that can be found on other message boards. The real meat....specifics about the TCU invite....where was he on that? Even the morning of the announcement, why didnt he break it down for everyone?
          Listen, I can't stand Chip Brown, but you aren't making a compelling case here.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• FYI:

I trust my brother's California source. This is over.
            "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Listen, I can't stand Chip Brown, but you aren't making a compelling case here.
              my point is that people should redefine the term "insider."

I am of the opinion that there are very few, if any.

Chip Brown, the alleged insider, has claimed the following over the past month:

Texas to PAC 12.
              Texas to B1G.
              Texas to ACC.
              Texas Indy.

OK, Chip. Thanks for the info.

Chip is not an insider. He is a shill. A stooge. He knows what Texas wants him to know. An insider knows what is actually happening. Big difference.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                FYI:

I trust my brother's California source. This is over.

That is what I was looking for. I believe it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  That is what I was looking for. I believe it now.
                  I don't care what you believe.
                  "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Hey bro, don't worry about him. He proclaims to always know we are doing something and then just snipes. Waste of time.

I think the only way we make it is a 14 team version or a 12 team version that includes WVU staying and Mizzou leaving.

I still think there's a chance the SEC pulls a fast one and goes super conference on our asses at 16 teams and then all hell would break loose.

Comment

Just me?

Comment

• SEC could invite:

Mizzou, WVU, UL, and say a Cincy and create a 16-team super conference

Comment

• I'm just gonna put some frosting on this cowpie of Big 12 and BYU re-alignment, all in an attempt to put a smile on my face... I dig this guys stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                            SEC could invite:

That would be a 17 team superconference. Throw out Cincy and I think you could be correct. Which would bode well for BYU to the Big-12...eventually.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

SEC could invite:

The rumor running around in WVU-land is that the SEC is looking at WVU and FSU. If Mizzou goes that will be 16.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think the only way we make it is a 14 team version or a 12 team version that includes WVU staying and Mizzou leaving.
                                Why would this be more palatable to the BOT?

Comment

Working...
                                X