The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Well Luke Fickell and Bo Pelini do have a shared history of both playing for the Ohio St. Buckeyes - although at different times (Fickell 1992-96; Pelini 1987-90). They are also rumored to have served as ranch hands in Wyoming at some point. Not sure if they were in Wyoming at the same time...and I don't even want to know. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    The local radio station here in C-Bus (97.1) were making a big deal out of Fickel not shaking his hand etc..

After seeing that I want to go down there and smack those a-holes. what a stupid discussion over what I just saw... How about talking about the D compeletly blowing it in 1 1/2 quarters.. The same d who was calling out the O last week.....

Comment

• Mizzou sez: More greenbacks in the SEC

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...million-101011

The report outlines how much money Missouri could expect from its network and cable television contracts. It suggests Missouri could get $17.16 million in Big 12 TV money in 2012, compared to $19.25 million from an SEC deal. It also envisions a far bigger share -- up to $12 million -- should the SEC renegotiate its top-tier TV rights.
      So you jump ship to a foreign land, away from your alumni base....for an extra $2MM a year and the possibility of up to $12MM more a season? Why don't they factor in the new value of a renegotiated B12 TV deal? The gap doesn't seem wide enough, but what do I know.

What I found interesting was this:

The curators reviewed the 45-page document that outlines the pros and cons of leaving the Big 12 for the Southeastern Conference.
      45-page doc? So much for Mizzou bluffing.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

What I found interesting was this:

My guy said most of it was Playboy's Girls of the SEC.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          My guy said most of it was Playboy's Girls of the SEC.
          How does one become a curator exactly?

Comment

Sources tell me that all it said was "SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC" for 45 pages. I wonder what the pros were.

Comment

• Missouri will get to know Vanderbilt very well over the next several decades. Good for them.

So the Big 12 will surely try to replace Missouri with WV first. The only questions are can the Big East keep WV, and will the Big 12 stay at 10?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                Missouri will get to know Vanderbilt very well over the next several decades. Good for them.
                The first thing that will come to mind when I see a Missouri fan standing next to a Vandy fan will be the song, "One of these things is not like the others..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Missouri will get to know Vanderbilt very well over the next several decades. Good for them.

So the Big 12 will surely try to replace Missouri with WV first. The only questions are can the Big East keep WV, and will the Big 12 stay at 10?
                  Wait! Did I miss something here? I thought the SEC met and decided to do nothing, yet you're talking like MU is already in the SEC.
                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                  - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Mizzou sez: More greenbacks in the SEC

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...million-101011

So you jump ship to a foreign land, away from your alumni base....for an extra $2MM a year and the possibility of up to $12MM more a season? Why don't they factor in the new value of a renegotiated B12 TV deal? The gap doesn't seem wide enough, but what do I know.

Maybe Mizzou is thinking they can build a national brand better in the SEC than they can in the Big 12 like aTm...

How Much Does A&M Stand To Gain From SEC Move?

[...]

In speaking with Aggies during my recent visit to College Station, the real value in this move isn’t in conference distributions, its in the ability to build a national brand for the school. As part of the Big 12, A&M was “one of the Texas schools.” In the SEC, they’ll be the Texas school. There’s a lot to gain from this move if the Aggies capitalize on the opportunity.

Mizzou will be the Missouri school in the SEC.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm going to go flush my head in the toilet. My CA guy is telling me no Big 12 and it sounds like it came from the BOT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                        I'm going to go flush my head in the toilet. My CA guy is telling me no Big 12 and it sounds like it came from the BOT.
                        I hope your CA guy is wrong. I fear, and have pretty much accepted, he's spot on.

Comment

I'm going to go flush my head in the toilet. My CA guy is telling me no Big 12 and it sounds like it came from the BOT.
                          There is a smilie for that: :flush:

Comment

Once you finish flushing your head in the toilet, please explain the connection between your CA guy and BYU/BOT. I thought your previous connection was a Texas insider.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                              Wait! Did I miss something here? I thought the SEC met and decided to do nothing, yet you're talking like MU is already in the SEC.
                              Recall before aTm was invited to the SEC they had to leave the Big 12 first. I haven't heard any announcements that Mizzou will be leaving the Big 12 (yet).
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelous View Post
                                I hope your CA guy is wrong. I fear, and have pretty much accepted, he's spot on.
                                I hope this comes from the same guy who said BYU to the PAC 16 and all the other nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X