The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PolyCougar View Post
    So if the latest rumor holds true, and BYU is prepared to move all sports to the Big 12 next year if it happens. That'll mean that 3 Conferences (WAC, MWC, and WCC) will be eternally pissed at us with one (PAC-12) that just hates us. I think we've got the entire west covered now... didn't Brigham lead the saints West to get away from the hate?

And now it looks like we could be going back to Missouri with open arms...

...Porter Rockwell has to be rolling in his grave.
    Ok, I actually did laugh out loud.

The Seattle Utes of the world aren't enough by themselves to make BYU widely hated and therefore hot TV property, so we're having to help them out a little. Maybe we announce next week that we're glad the Big East fell apart or something.
    I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
    -smokymountainrain

Menden Hall Hates Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Chip Brown...
      Once again if true BYU needs to pull it's head out of its arse.

I actually do not believe it to be true and that an agreement is already in place. BYU will take the five year assurance and be happy that they now have a foot in the door.

To Cecil and Tom: Don't muff it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        Once again if true BYU needs to pull it's head out of its arse.

I actually do not believe it to be true and that an agreement is already in place. BYU will take the five year assurance and be happy that they now have a foot in the door.

To Cecil and Tom: Don't muff it.
        I am not sure if Chip Brown has the best information on BYU... He just mentioned on the radio that BYU makes less than $2M in TV revenue per year as an independent.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I am not sure if Chip Brown has the best information on BYU... He just mentioned on the radio that BYU makes less than $2M in TV revenue per year as an independent.
          Chip also just tweeted that he's hearing TCU may rejoin the MWC. What a kick in the nuts if true.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Chip Brown...
            :igiveup:
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I'm breaking my silence to say that Chip Brown is correct on this.

BYU is stonewalling this deal. If you want this to change, call the Athletic Dept. Email, too.

This is NUTS

Comment

• But BYU sees the Big 12 situation as simply too volatile right now to forfeit its independence, the source said.

The source put BYU's chances of joining the Big 12 at "80-20 against."
                I really hope this isn't the case. I think BYU is poised and ready to accept an invite the second one is offered. There is too much to lose by not accepting, and too little to gain by staying independent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Chip also just tweeted that he's hearing TCU may rejoin the MWC. What a kick in the nuts if true.
                  Chip's TCU info source is most likely Hair Thompson.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                    I'm breaking my silence to say that Chip Brown is correct on this.

BYU is stonewalling this deal. If you want this to change, call the Athletic Dept. Email, too.

This is NUTS
                    wtf?? Can you be more specific? I thought we got past our little self important act we did at first and stepped in line once we got scared we might get left in the dust?

Comment

• If true and I'm not saying it's not - THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! What are the people down there thinking?

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        What game is Mr. Brown playing now?

:igiveup: I have said this before and I will say it again. I am done if BYU rejects the Big 12 for Independence. Nobody will care if I am done but done I will be!
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          :igiveup: I have said this before and I will say it again. I am done if BYU rejects the Big 12 for Independence. Nobody will care if I am done but done I will be!
                          I care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            I will care!

Also, will someone just e-mail me once it is actually decided whether BYU is in or out? It would probably be good for me to actually do something at work for the rest of the week besides just sit and refresh this thread.

Comment

Chip Brown...
                              :slap:Are you shitting me. This Brown guy is starting to piss me off...

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                                :slap:Are you shitting me. This Brown guy is starting to piss me off...
                                Your pissed-off-ness is misplaced.
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X