Page 474 of 474 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474
Results 14,191 to 14,213 of 14213

Thread: The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Any updates, '71? Has your friend changed his mind re: BYU acting like Texas?
    I will go see.

Edit: I had him come read your post. He said, "people who claim your fans are pricks I guess are right". His message for you was to go F yourself.

I defended you and told him I was appalled he took that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    I will go see.

Edit: I had him come read your post. He said, "people who claim your fans are pricks I guess are right". His message for you was to go F yourself.

I defended you and told him I was appalled he took that attitude.
    If that's any indication of how the Big12 is going to act about our most beloved fans, I don't think I want to join them anymore. :-(
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    As it stands now BYU is a loser in realignment. I'm hopeful BYU will end up in the P5 but can't see it happening anytime soon. BYU will be a tweener for now. But the end of realignment? A lot of hedging on bets in article.

FIFY

Interesante:

One of the questions asked in a recent ESPN survey of coaches was whether schools from power leagues should even play schools from the non-power leagues.

Petersen checked the box for "no."

He later backtracked and said that's not what he meant.

This is not Tom Harmon's Big Ten. Michigan's home schedule this year "features" Appalachian State, Miami (Ohio), Utah, Minnesota, Penn State, Indiana and Maryland, with Rutgers on the road.

The question is whether any football game at the Big House this year tops the 109,318 who attended an August soccer exhibition featuring Manchester United and Real Madrid.
    Wow, apparently more people would rather watch Euro kicky-kicky than watch the Utes play Michigan. At least we're not the only perdedors.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    Wow, apparently more people would rather watch Euro kicky-kicky than watch the Utes play Michigan. At least we're not the only perdedors.
    I can understand why they feel that way. Didn't they kick Utah all over the field in a previous meeting? Wait maybe they didn't. Maybe the problem with Michigan is Michigan and they really shouldn't be looking down their noses at anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    I can understand why they feel that way. Didn't they kick Utah all over the field in a previous meeting? Wait maybe they didn't. Maybe the problem with Michigan is Michigan and they really shouldn't be looking down their noses at anyone.
    I don't know. I was just trying to make a funny. And trying to denigrate others to make myself feel better about my own predicament.

I don't know. I was just trying to make a funny. And trying to denigrate others to make myself feel better about my own predicament.
    My fault. A lot of good stuff goes right over my head. I am really old in case you didn't know.
    Last edited by byu71; 08-18-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    As it stands now BYU is a loser in realignment. I'm hopeful BYU will end up in the P5 but can't see it happening anytime soon. BYU will be a tweener for now. But the end of realignment? A lot of hedging on bets in article.
    There is no such thing as a tweener in this game. BYU is out....for now. The Big 12 was our only hope but R2D2 got blown up after his escape and didn't make it all the way to Tatooine...er Texas to secure our only hope....

Help us Bob Bowlsby you're our only hope.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

I take comfort in the fact that our 1984 National Championship prompted the BCA (and we all know BCA -> BCS -> P5) in an attempt to keep us out of the Ole Boy's Club, aka, the NCAA. Just think, if we hadn't forced the debate back in 1984 we never would have placed the world on the course that has eventually led us to be excluded. So, in the end, we only have ourselves to blame...

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
    - Andrew Tanenbaum

https://github.com/brailsmt

Most Michigan fans I know are giddy with anticipation for September 20th when Utedom descends on Ann Arbor. After all, we are the crown jewel of their home schedule--much like the Houston Cougars are for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    There is no such thing as a tweener in this game. BYU is out....for now. The Big 12 was our only hope but R2D2 got blown up after his escape and didn't make it all the way to Tatooine...er Texas to secure our only hope....

Help us Bob Bowlsby you're our only hope.
    It is like when the leadership of the rebel alliance does not listen and believe there is a new Death Star. What happens? They got blown up. I think there was some who recognized the danger and were ready to make a move then to the Big 12(Tom and Cecil) but the BOT was our rebel leadership. Where was General Ackbar when we needed him?

Will someone with a Facebook account join The Dude of WV's private facebook group on expansion and keep us all updated?

https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV/stat...16111370096640

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Will someone with a Facebook account join The Dude of WV's private facebook group on expansion and keep us all updated?

https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV/stat...16111370096640
    Sorry, I'm already in a private group with Tuxedo Yoda.

KU blogger mentions BYU in passing!

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2014/8/...ins-status-quo

Not only that, but this is one of the comments (emphasis added):

I always thought Louisville would have been a great fit for the Big 12. Good fanbase, close enough that the conference placement makes sense, and good potential rivalry not only with KU but a couple other teams. They make a lot me sense (for me, at least) than WVU.

You mentioned a few MWC teams as possibilities. I used to see Boise State thrown around but I don’t think that would have worked. Decent football team but it’s on the decline. Basketball team over achieved last year but no where near Big 12 caliber. Plus academics aren’t up to par and I don’t know the rules with their ESPN contract. That would a neat little rivalry with Oklahoma though.
    San Diego State? Too west coast.
    I don’t know enough about Cincinatti to judge if they’d be good here.
    BYU would be cool if they ever join a conference again. I wouldn’t be opposed to that.

Not only that, but this is one of the comments (emphasis added):

Yes, Louisville make a lot me sense, too...
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
    - Andrew Tanenbaum

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Jayhawk fans entire paradigm in conference affilation and rivals is based upon basketball. But conference realignment is based upon football. Jayhawks lamenting that Mizzou was not a good enough rival to KU because they couldn't rise to KU's level of basketball success is interresting. Then stating that granting of TV rights to the Big 12 will keep KU out of the Big Ten is flat out wrong. Having a history of ineptitude at football combined with being in a low-population state is what kept Kansas out of the Big Ten. Nebraska didn't get admitted to the Big Ten because of their illustrious basketball program.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Jayhawk fans entire paradigm in conference affilation and rivals is based upon basketball. But conference realignment is based upon football. Jayhawks lamenting that Mizzou was not a good enough rival to KU because they couldn't rise to KU's level of basketball success is interresting. Then stating that granting of TV rights to the Big 12 will keep KU out of the Big Ten is flat out wrong. Having a history of ineptitude at football combined with being in a low-population state is what kept Kansas out of the Big Ten. Nebraska didn't get admitted to the Big Ten because of their illustrious basketball program.
    ...or their densely populated state.
    - Andrew Tanenbaum

Quote Originally Posted by lambdacoug View Post
    ...or their densely populated state.
    Based upon my anecdotal experience most of the population is pretty damn dense.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I have visited Europe 3 times. Nice place to visit with the exception of France in 1965. What I really liked about Europe is how old it seemed. Very layback and non competitive. I felt in any kind of confrontation I would have the upper hand. Especially in France where the men lay their heads on the women's shoulders instead of vice versa.
    -byu'71

BYU is attractive, Utah is Ringo

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=272&sid=31220586

“Utah just totally lucked out in getting in the Pac-12. You talk about hitting the lottery,” Dufrense said. “Utah for no other reason than it was standing there walks into this sweet (deal). It’s almost like Ringo joining the Beatles.”