The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
    ACC to discuss louisville's continued membership. 11 votes give Louisville the boot. ACC adds WV to take Louisville's place. Big 12 adds BYU.

I might as well be wishing for the University of Utah to relocate to Southern California. You all need to accept what you are, and only then might BYU be successsful, within the framework of what it is. You’re in this pickle because of unrealistic expectations and self-delusions.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• The Big 12 expansion groundswell

:clap:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Moliere; 10-16-2017, 06:18 PM.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Boy, you Utah fans are sure gonna be embarrassed when that happens! It'll be like going 1-6 in life. I already feel bad for you.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Today this same guy was saying that the B1G and B12 are going to swap Nebraska and WVU.

I unfollowed him.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Has there ever been a conference that booted a member? Off the top of my head I can't remember that ever happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
              Has there ever been a conference that booted a member? Off the top of my head I can't remember that ever happening.

Temple got booted from the Big East.

http://m.chron.com/sports/college/ar...st-1998760.php

Comment

• Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                Has there ever been a conference that booted a member? Off the top of my head I can't remember that ever happening.
                Yes, smaller conferences have booted members before. I don't recall an instance of the now P-5 schools, although I think the Univ. of Chicago removed itself from the B10 back in the day.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• The Big East was a major conference back then. This was before Miami and Virginia Tech bolted. They were a BCS conference (the pre-cursor to the P-5).

Edit: The funny thing is, the conference got decimated and they ended up bringing Temple back into the fold.
                  Last edited by beefytee; 10-17-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    The Big East was a major conference back then. This was before Miami and Virginia Tech bolted. They were a BCS conference (the pre-cursor to the P-5).

Edit: The funny thing is, the conference got decimated and they ended up bringing Temple back into the fold.
                    I think we were typing our responses at the same time.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• The interesting thing with UofChicago is that even though they left the big ten way back in the 30s (Football) and 40s (everything else), they still had Big Ten ties until last year.

All Big Ten members are members of the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA), formerly known as the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), an academic consortium which allows students at Big Ten institutions to take distance courses at other participating institutions. Students at participating schools are also allowed "in-house" viewing privileges at other participating schools' libraries. The BTAA also employs collective purchasing, which has saved member institutions $19 million to date. The University of Chicago, a former Big Ten Conference member, was a member of the CIC from 1958 to June 29, 2016 (when it was renamed the Big Ten Academic Alliance).
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Conference

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Today this same guy was saying that the B1G and B12 are going to swap Nebraska and WVU.

I unfollowed him.
                        That is pretty funny... Is WVU even an AAU (Association of American Universities) member? Oh wait, Nebraska isn't an AAU member.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          That is pretty funny... Is WVU even an AAU (Association of American Universities) member? Oh wait, Nebraska isn't an AAU member.
                          Nebraska was an AAU member when it joined the B1G. Nebraska's strategy seems to be to continue to keep getting rolled by Big Ten football powers to ensure they stay in the conference. Start beating Ohio St. consistently and the Huskers might get shown the door.
                          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Expansion talk from MHver3? Take it to the bank! Lebowski, please roll out the red carpet for DDD's triumphant return.

Comment

• Can we please combine this thread with the Bigfoot thread? TIA
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                                Nebraska was an AAU member when it joined the B1G. Nebraska's strategy seems to be to continue to keep getting rolled by Big Ten football powers to ensure they stay in the conference. Start beating Ohio St. consistently and the Huskers might get shown the door.
                                So we're never getting in. :sad:
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X