Page 525 of 525 FirstFirst ... 25425475515523524525
Results 15,721 to 15,730 of 15730

Thread: The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    And Lance Armstrong is a 7 time winner of the TdF.
    Ha! Burn!

Anyways. B12 expansion. Anyone have any inside info?

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    And Lance Armstrong is a 7 time winner of the TdF.
    Well if you take away those he has none, not a good example!

also I learned that USC had two titles vacated. I didn't know that! They have won so many I've lost track
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

OMG this guy again.

Idon'tneedyourlovetodisconnecttorunaroundkidsinget-gocarswithvaselineafterbirthsandneoncoughsgalaxies fullofnobodiesgivingusthefarewellrunaroundItooka virginmaryaxetohissweetbabyjane,lostmyinnocenceto anogoodgirl,scratchmyfacewithanvilhands,andcoilmyt onguearoundabumblebeemouthandigiveitallbacktoyou

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    OMG this guy again.

He is dumb. He's already said he doesn't really know what is going on, yet he keeps posting stuff as if it is fact.

Did Travis Tuiloma accidentally let slip some inside info about a pending invite?

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/co...7075a3181.html

The last two times the BYU football team took the field for a scrimmage in front of crowds at LaVell Edwards Stadium, Cougar junior nose guard Travis Tuiloma could only stand on the sidelines and watch.

"I just felt that I wasn't there for the boys," Tuiloma said last week. "I understand where they are coming from but at the same time, I'd like to contribute as well."
    Does this signal movement on the BYU-to-B12 front?

Is the b12 expanding or imploding?

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/i...-leave-7543841

The committee's rejection of the Big 12 was an unintentional but appropriate metaphor, if not an outright indicator of where the conference stands in college football's landscape. In a college football ecosystem ruled by five power conferences that have morphed into their current forms through realignment driven in part by geography but more by TV money, the Big 12 is easily the most rickety of those Power Five, seemingly always one more seismic shift away from realignment destruction.

It is, however, worth mentioning that the Big 12's instability could present opportunities to schools looking to make a move into the Power Five. If the expansion of the conference from 10 teams to 12 were to come about, as some Big 12 university leaders have recommended, this would be great news to the University of Houston, which has positioned itself in the past year as a viable candidate for, at the very least, Big 12 evaluation.
    It's more noticeable at some times than at others, but the Big 12 is always teetering. Its exclusion from the College Football Playoff wasn't so much a result of the Big 12's dysfunction as it was a reminder of the conference's history of persistent, often traumatic change, change that always seemed to be driven by disproportionate greed. This is the frightening tectonic plate on which the Big 12 constantly sits.

Jake Trotter on the Berry Tramel tip

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...-mason-rudolph

How Baylor and TCU turned it all around for themselves

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...alry-game-2015

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotter
    It could largely depend on what happens this season. If the Big 12 gets a team into the playoff, then it will likely be status quo. But if the league gets left out again, I think you'll see a conference championship game be implemented for 2016, and expansion discussions begin to gain more traction. I have a hard time seeing the Big 12 tolerating another snub without taking action.
    The very epitome of proactivity.
    Last edited by lambdacoug; Yesterday at 07:37 PM. Reason: the intertubes are complex
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
    - Andrew Tanenbaum

https://github.com/brailsmt

Quote Originally Posted by lambdacoug View Post
    The very epitome of proactivity.
    Been this way for 100 years. The original Big6 were all Big10 wannabees. The OkieState/CU additions to the Big8 were PhogAllen projects designed to keep OU outta the SWC. The original Big12 was a compromise no one really wanted that was forced down everyone's throat to keep Baylor's politicians happy. This current arrangement is a wobbly mess probably caused by Baylor's lawyers intervening in a natural process of disassociation. Now, in my opinion, the only way to fix the current mess is to add another bunch of religious primadonnas who specialize in lawyers (BYU) to try and find another workaround for the next 30 or 40 years. Simply the nature of the Big12: a chaotic mess.

That being said, the Big12 does play good, cutthroat, innovative football. ArtBriles/KenStarr may be back stabbing hypocrites, but watching their football team this fall in Kansas Memorial Stadium will be a pleasure ya'll Cougars will not enjoy.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou