Page 496 of 496 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496
Results 14,851 to 14,869 of 14869

Thread: The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    We have been talking about it for weeks on GroupMe. Sorry you didn't make the cut list. Like the SE we are trying to keep gays out.
    Don't worry Ohio, CJ thinks I am gay too.
    Last edited by Flystripper; 01-21-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

We have been talking about it for weeks on GroupMe. Sorry you didn't make the cut list. Like the SE we are trying to keep gays out.
    We all feel left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    We all feel left out.
    You have to pretend to like Thanksgiving Dinner to get in their top-secret gang. Not worth it.

A bunch of middle aged men have an ongoing super secret cellphone chat group. Definitely nothing gay about that.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    A bunch of middle aged men have an ongoing super secret cellphone chat group. Definitely nothing gay about that.
    Super secret?
    *Banned*

Super secret?
    I guess you did mention it here. So, not super secret, but super exclusive such that grown men brag to others about inclusion. Again, not gay.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    You have to pretend to like Thanksgiving Dinner to get in their top-secret gang. Not worth it.
    Don't count yourself out yet, YO. It's closer than the experts think.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I guess you did mention it here. So, not super secret, but super exclusive such that grown men brag to others about inclusion. Again, not gay.
    Totally gay for grown men to get together and talk about sports and other things of interest. I agree only gays do that.
    *Banned*

Just post the results on this thread. TIA.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Totally gay for grown men to get together and talk about sports and other things of interest. I agree only gays do that.
    I'm glad you're not resorting to ugly stereotypes.

Things have been eerily silent on the from the BYU AD and the Big12. Must we furiously working on the deal.

Bowlzzby has been flapping his gums in the past few days, touches on expansion and says a few really stupid things

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...-bob-bowlsby-2

Did you feel misled in any way about the factors that would go into playoff inclusion?

Bowlsby: No. I don't think they misled me at all. I don't think the issue of a 13-game portfolio versus a 12-game portfolio had been discussed previously. But that was something that came out on the last day of the season. What was said was, Ohio State had the opportunity for a 13th game against a ranked opponent. Well, Baylor was higher ranked and played a higher ranked opponent than Ohio State did. And so, that was a little bit of a surprise to us. No, I don't feel like we were misled. It was a work in progress. I don't think anyone knew with certainly what the playoff committee was going to discuss.

If you could change anything about the playoff, what would it be?

Bowlsby: I have always advocated for less frequent polls. Originally I felt like ever other week starting the seventh or eighth week of the season was the right way to do it. We ended up with an every week poll. I think there would be less volatility and a higher quality outcome if the poll was done every other week. There would be more data points in between polls.
    So basically now he doesnt feel mislead about the CCG and he wants 3 polls for the entire season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...owlsby-part-ii

What are the pros and cons of having a conference championship game?

Bowlsby: The pros are you have the same number of data points as everyone else, that is to say 13 games instead of 12 games. I suppose there is some revenue to be garnered from playing the 13th game. And I think it makes us look like everyone else. So I would say all those things would be favorable. On the unfavorable side, we play everybody already and the rule doesn't permit us to play a championship game under its current structure. The other thing is with a full round robin of the league, it's always going to be a regular-season rematch. So you could obviously ask the question, is it fair for the winning team to play the losing team again, and maybe lose out as a result of it. There are legitimate pros and cons on either side. Some years we'll be very glad we're not playing a playoff game, when we'll have to risk having our best team lose to another team. And other years, we'll wish we could play one more game in order to demonstrate that we belong there.

What about the pros and cons of expansion?

Bowlsby: No, I'm not going into that at this point. Those are things that we evaluate, but I don't need to have that out there for public consumption.
    ha does he realize how predictable he has become? I will admit to doing the same sometimes but at least I can see it!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    What about the pros and cons of expansion?

Bowlsby: No, I'm not going into that at this point. Those are things that we evaluate, but I don't need to have that out there for public consumption.!
    Sacred not secret. He's practically announcing that it's BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Sacred not secret. He's practically announcing that it's BYU.
    I knew you would be able to read between those lines.

I also enjoyed this comment about potential candidates for expansion

You indicated during a radio interview last month that the league would be more apt to expand east than west. Why is that?

Bowlsby: What I said was there are more likely candidates east than west. We don't have any candidate list. We have zero candidate list.
    "So we have identified the candidates and where they are primarily and secondarily located, but we really haven't identified any candidates, trust me."

Bob is playing the media like a virtuoso.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Bowlsby sounds like a total idiot.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Bowlzzby has been flapping his gums in the past few days, touches on expansion and says a few really stupid things
    And doesn't say some very obvious things.

How Bowlsby should have answered: The pros are that there would be "one true champion" every year and the additional revenue garnered from a conference championshiop game.

If this had happened to Texas and Oklahoma instead of TCU and Baylor, BYU would be in the Big 12 already.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    And doesn't say some very obvious things.

How Bowlsby should have answered: The pros are that there would be "one true champion" every year and the additional revenue garnered from a conference championshiop game.

If this had happened to Texas and Oklahoma instead of TCU and Baylor, BYU would be in the Big 12 already.
    if it were texas and oklahoma one of them wouldve been in the playoff

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    That's fun thinking, who would have they kept out?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.