Page 493 of 493 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493
Results 14,761 to 14,783 of 14783

Thread: The Big 12 expansion groundswell

  1. #14761
    Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Free State of Nickajack
    Posts
    3,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Here is my WAG regarding BYU and B12 expansion.

    Odds that the B12 will expand to 12 teams: 100%

    Odds that the B12 will pick BYU if they do expand: 0%

    Odds that BYU would accept an offer: 100%

    Overall odds of BYU going to the B12: 1.0 * 0.0 * 1.0 = 0%
    What will you do if we trifle off into obscurity?

  2. #14762
    Senior Member Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Here is my WAG regarding BYU and B12 expansion.

    Odds that the B12 will expand to 12 teams: 100%

    Odds that the B12 will pick BYU if they do expand: 0%

    Odds that BYU would accept an offer: 100%

    Overall odds of BYU going to the B12: 1.0 * 0.0 * 1.0 = 0%
    It's math, so it must be true.

  3. #14763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    What will you do if we trifle off into obscurity?
    kick us when we are down and dance on our grave....pretty much the same thing he is doing right now.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  4. #14764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Here is my WAG regarding BYU and B12 expansion.

    Odds that the B12 will expand to 12 teams: 100%

    Odds that the B12 will pick BYU if they do expand: 0%

    Odds that BYU would accept an offer: 100%

    Overall odds of BYU going to the B12: 1.0 * 0.0 * 1.0 = 0%
    It's a good thing you don't know anything about sports!
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

  5. #14765
    Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    It's a good thing you don't know anything about sports!
    I have no doubt the Big 12 would expand if there were a worthy candidate available. I'm sure that if CO and TAMU wanted to come back they'd be glad to take them.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

  6. #14766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I have no doubt the Big 12 would expand if there were a worthy candidate available. I'm sure that if CO and TAMU wanted to come back they'd be glad to take them.
    LOL

    Tell me more of this expansion that has to do with worthy candidates.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

  7. #14767
    Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    LOL

    Tell me more of this expansion that has to do with worthy candidates.
    CO is in the Pac 12, which, actually, is a more desireable conference than the Big 12. Maybe there's more to consider than recent W-L records. Are you a reflective person?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

  8. #14768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    CO is in the Pac 12, which, actually, is a more desireable conference than the Big 12. Maybe there's more to consider than recent W-L records. Are you a reflective person?
    Colorado doesn't even carry their market and they're falling behind CSU athletically. Utah splits the market with BYU, and falls far behind BYU on a national scale. Strange additions, getting teams that don't even carry a market by themselves while splitting them with supposed G5 schools. I suppose you'll try to say that these are elite academic institutions while continuing to associate with schools like ASU.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

  9. #14769
    Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    Colorado doesn't even carry their market and they're falling behind CSU athletically. Utah splits the market with BYU, and falls far behind BYU on a national scale. Strange additions, getting teams that don't even carry a market by themselves while splitting them with supposed G5 schools. I suppose you'll try to say that these are elite academic institutions while continuing to associate with schools like ASU.
    If you really believe CSU is a bigger prize than CO we're through talking about this.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

  10. #14770
    Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    Colorado doesn't even carry their market and they're falling behind CSU athletically. Utah splits the market with BYU, and falls far behind BYU on a national scale. Strange additions, getting teams that don't even carry a market by themselves while splitting them with supposed G5 schools. I suppose you'll try to say that these are elite academic institutions while continuing to associate with schools like ASU.
    Scoreboard. Go check out who's in and who's out of what conferences.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

  11. #14771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    If you really believe CSU is a bigger prize than CO we're through talking about this.
    That isn't what I said. I said CU carries very little of their market and continues to be poor athletically in most things. You guys both have that cute ski team thing going though, I've heard.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

  12. #14772
    Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Scoreboard. Go check out who's in and who's out of what conferences.
    Congrats on landing three All-Americans yesterday, btw.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

  13. #14773
    Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    12,528

    Default

    I have 4 more posts in this thread than SU. I'll slow down for a bit so he can catch up.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

  14. #14774
    Chronic Poseur USUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Riverton, UT
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Congrats on landing three All-Americans yesterday, btw.


    Who did they get?

  15. #14775
    Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post


    Who did they get?
    Danny Shelton, Shaq Thompson and Hau'oli Kikaha ( on that last one)
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

  16. #14776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Danny Shelton, Shaq Thompson and Hau'oli Kikaha ( on that last one)
    Why the red face on Kikaha?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  17. #14777
    Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Why the red face on Kikaha?
    http://byu.scout.com/story/879106-th...-hauoli-jamora
    http://byu.scout.com/story/936147-jamora-moving-on
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

  18. #14778

  19. #14779
    Chronic Poseur USUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Riverton, UT
    Posts
    4,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Danny Shelton, Shaq Thompson and Hau'oli Kikaha ( on that last one)
    Ha ha. UDub. That went over my head.

  20. #14780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Shame on MRD for jumping to unsupported conclusions in the Big 12 expansion groundswell (BEG) thread.
    That would make the Pac-10 expansion groundswell thread the PEG. Speaks volumes.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  21. #14781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    CO is in the Pac 12, which, actually, is a more desireable conference than the Big 12. Maybe there's more to consider than recent W-L records. Are you a reflective person?
    My favorite two things about the board today are:

    1. Topper suggesting that we may need to turn the torture temperature up a notch.
    2. SeattleUte asking The_Douger, "Are you a reflective person?" in the BEG thread.

  22. #14782
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    4,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    That would make the Pac-10 expansion groundswell thread the PEG. Speaks volumes.
    No wonder SU loves the PAC so much.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  23. #14783
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    21,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Danny Shelton, Shaq Thompson and Hau'oli Kikaha ( on that last one)
    Another in a long line of Husky players that don't know what beating Oregon is like. 3 AA, the coach of SU's dreams and still a giant beat down.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •