Page 515 of 515 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515
Results 15,421 to 15,434 of 15434

Thread: The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lambdacoug View Post
    LOL

KC is not a KU town.
    But Nebraska has recruited KC successfully for many years and continues to do so. However, Mizzou more than holds its own in KC land.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

lol! Masochistic progmos. You guys love this shit! You love to twist in the wind and suffer.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    lol! Masochistic progmos. You guys love this shit! You love to twist in the wind and suffer.
    not a progmo but I am suffering and I like it!
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    But Nebraska has recruited KC successfully for many years and continues to do so. However, Mizzou more than holds its own in KC land.
    If you look at respective rosters, Nebraska does well compared to ku but the city is really Mizzou's. I believe they have more KC players than Nebraska and ku combined (might be even). Nebraska did well in scooping the Davis twins out of the suburbs, but they were always Nebraska's -- had a cousin or uncle or somebody play for the school. Lees Summit has churned good players out recently, and Mizzou generally has a pretty firm grip on that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Armenag View Post
    If you look at respective rosters, Nebraska does well compared to ku but the city is really Mizzou's. I believe they have more KC players than Nebraska and ku combined (might be even). Nebraska did well in scooping the Davis twins out of the suburbs, but they were always Nebraska's -- had a cousin or uncle or somebody play for the school. Lees Summit has churned good players out recently, and Mizzou generally has a pretty firm grip on that area.
    Mizzou recruited LSHS's Drew Locke pretty heavily. My daughter is one of the team managers and was always talking about it.
    Last edited by lambdacoug; Today at 09:41 AM.
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
    - Andrew Tanenbaum

https://github.com/brailsmt

Fine words spoken by a human pegboard.

Quote Originally Posted by lambdacoug View Post
    Mizzou recruits LSHS pretty heavily. My daughter is one of the team managers and is always talking about it.
    Great town. Lots of good players from there recently.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Follow up from the same guy, further down the thread...

Ha! So, is this a deal that needs to be done before October, when 2 new apostles are added?
    Does this have anything with Richard G. Scott's lawyers?

You love to twist in the wind and suffer.
    Given that we keep you around, this must be true.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armenag View Post
    I agree, Nebraska does not dominate KC recruiting like Mizzou. But Nebraska has landed enough recruits out of KC over the years to be considered successful. Mizzou (and probably KU) will always have more KC players on its roster. It appears the new coaching staff at Nebraska will focus more on recruiting the Midwest and KC is the closest metro area outside Nebraska. Will be interesting to see what transpires. Given the success of Mizzou in the SEC, Nebraska has it's work cut out.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Topic change = boring.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Topic change = boring.
    Are you kidding? I love topic changes.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Topic change = boring.
    Apparently someone isn't getting enough traffic in the Nebraska thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Follow up from the same guy, further down the thread...

Ha! So, is this a deal that needs to be done before October, when 2 new apostles are added?
    BKP was holding things up with his spiritual crocodiles.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96