CONGRATULATIONS UTAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    I'm not happy at all for them. It's like David got a reverse circumcision and joined the Phillistine army a couple years after killing Goliath.
    David did join the Philistine army after killing Goliath. (1st Samuel 27-29)

Someone needs to re-take some of those religion classes.
    Last edited by Solon; 06-17-2010, 06:46 PM.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

And Solon, I'm happy for Solon.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I'm happy for IPU, JiC, MRD, BO, UD, D&F, MP, and LA (kind of).

I'm also happy for SU, but in kind of a being happy for a very deluded person kind of way. You know, when someone talks about being in a romance you know is not requited, or doesn't even exist, but you express happiness anyway and then make for the exit as fast as you can? That kind of way.

I'll get to the rest of you Ute Fans later.
        You're not happy for me?!
        Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
        Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
        Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          You need to tone it down.
          Agree. Enough already, SoCalPat.

Comment

Thanks, Flystripper. As I said elsewhere, although I am proud of Utah and ecstatic that we are in the PAC, I don't think my sense of justice and equilibrium will be satisfied until you guys are either in the Big 12 or the MWC becomes an AQ conference. The universe seems a little out of balance.

myboynoah, what's with the "kind of?" And YOhio, you have been told to shut up at least three times now. Are you going to make me come out there?
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              I don't think that any dance can occur on BYU's grave. The reports of BYU's demise are greatly exaggerated. BYU is a good program with a great history, with which Utah has battled with and I look forward to battling well into the future.

I will rejoice on the days events, but recognize that the world is not a net sum zero game. Utah's gain is not BYU's loss.

I agree. All this doomsday stuff will end when BYU becomes part of the Big12.

I also don't think it changes BYU's recruiting much. Langi's not going to be a Ute.

I see BYU gathering the wagons somewhat in recruiting. The LDS kids will still go there.

Other than the ego blow to some BYU fans, BYU will remain pretty unaffected. Their recruiting and position in the football world will not be suddenly worse.

I think it is positive for Utah, but not necessarily in ways that hurt BYU.

I say within a year or two, BYU is in the Big12.

Comment

And Solon, I'm happy for Solon.
                Thanks, mbn.

Oh, and there is a historical account of young Jewish men making themselves "uncircumcised" (1 Maccabees 1.15)

Not sure how you go about doing that. My guess is that it involved a prop.
                -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                  Thanks, mbn.

Oh, and there is a historical account of young Jewish men making themselves "uncircumcised" (1 Maccabees 1.15)

Not sure how you go about doing that. My guess is that it involved a prop.
                  Solon laying the scriptural smack down on YOhio. HA!
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                    David did join the Philistine army after killing Goliath. (1st Samuel 27-29)

Someone needs to re-take some of those religion classes.
                    And David turned out to be a total prick. That's pretty much the point I was making.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Solon laying the scriptural smack down on YOhio. HA!
                      Solon stepped right into the trap I set for him.

Comment

Solon stepped right into the trap I set for him.
                        It wouldn't be the first time. YOhio bruises my heel a lot.

Comment

And David turned out to be a total prick. That's pretty much the point I was making.
                          literal lol
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

I'm happy for IPU, JiC, MRD, BO, UD, D&F, MP, and LA (kind of).
                            Luckily, I was unable to unplug from the MBN matrix and my happiness is independent of your meddling.
                            I intend to live forever.
                            So far, so good.
                            --Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                            X