This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
    Bonus that Brother Lingo is reading this thread and can't respond!!
    [YOUTUBE]2svFvI8i8Lo[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

This one is for IPU
      [YOUTUBE]J1fUaXCmqME[/YOUTUBE]
      "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        I fixed it for you.
        Why add the last night?

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          Why add the last night?
          'Cuz that's when he did the dumb stuff that got him the ban in the first place.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Does anyone else wonder if Lingo isn't absolutely loving this?

The guy seems to love attention and is getting a good dose of it here.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post

I think he is either brilliant beyond ex-ute's capability to frustrate and bug people or board wise he is at the maturity level of a 2 year old. Acting out and expecting no spanking or whatever punishment is politically correct these days.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post

If that's the case, the logical analysis is that he didn't receive enough of it as a child. So I feel bad for him and am willing to give him attention here, especially as long as it makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                  'Cuz that's when he did the dumb stuff that got him the ban in the first place.
                  But shouldn't it be a rule he should generally practice anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                    But shouldn't it be a rule he should generally practice anyways?
                    Precisely.

Comment

Just a few overall points:

1. DDD, I agree with you that CUF will be more like a representative republic than a democracy. That is fine with me. I trust our wise Latina overlords, and have found them to be very considerate of those ideas coming up from we lowly peons. I consider a post like my inquiry in this thread to be a 'letter to my representative.' Good citizens write letters to their reps. We complain. We offer ideas. We do this because we care about the community.

2. People may take any form of pleasure they like from my self-portraits from Burning Man. They exist for the sake of hilariousness. Mock away.

3. Making people feel bad about their bodies really bugs me. This is true to the point that I generally don't participate in conversations that size up the relative physical attractiveness of celebrities. The idea that anyone here would try to make a brother or sister of CUF feel bad about their body is despicable. I personally think the EC has been generous with Lingo. I would have given him a much longer ban. Demeaning a person's body is about as low a thing as any of us can do.

4. Since I will probably contradict my point 3 at some point in my life, I will point out that I don't expect to be perfect about this, but I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                        Demeaning a person's body is about as low a thing as any of us can do.
                        It wasn't my body, but the insult was directed at my sizable body. I was kidding with Mr. Incredible and said I had two guns. Lingo responded, unprovoked, with a moving gif of a very fat man shooting a pistol right in front of his belly (that shook when he shot like a bowl full of jelly). I didn't ask for him to be banned. I didn't say anything to any EC member or admin. They took it upon themselves to act on CUF's and my behalf. While I don't think he should be banned, I'm glad the guy is gone until he grows up.

Lingo, if and when you come back from the precipice of the Judge Dredd Long Walk, I hope you'll learn this lesson: don't take checkers to a chess match.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          It wasn't my body, but the insult was directed at my sizable body. I was kidding with Mr. Incredible and said I had two guns. Lingo responded, unprovoked, with a moving gif of a very fat man shooting a pistol right in front of his belly (that shook when he shot like a bowl full of jelly). I didn't ask for him to be banned. I didn't say anything to any EC member or admin. They took it upon themselves to act on CUF's and my behalf. While I don't think he should be banned, I'm glad the guy is gone until he grows up.

Lingo, if and when you come back from the precipice of the Judge Dredd Long Walk, I hope you'll learn this lesson: don't take checkers to a chess match.
                          Or dont bring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to a gun fight.
                          *Banned*

Comment

I'm a little behind the times. I'm just now picking up on this and skimmed through this thread.

I actually had a touch of pain reading this thread and especially Lingo's response Babs posted. I was one of the first (maybe THE first) non-troll BYU fan permanently banned from CB. I had invested a lot of time and emotion in that board, even though I wasn't the perfect poster according to Jefe and his mods. I didn't go home and cry and eat a quart of ice cream over it or anything, but it did hurt me and it was actually quite painful reading the message that I was permanently banned and realizing I was cut off forever from a community of BYU fans I had some level of affinity with.

I'm very disengaged from the particulars of this case and have no opinion on whether this banishment was right or wrong, but I'd like to throw it out there generally that I would hope permanent banishment would be a last resort after a well thought through process. I don't think that was the case at CB. I have faith in the board administrators here.

And Lingo, I never knew you that well and I don't know if you deserved it or not, but I sympathize with you. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              I'm a little behind the times. I'm just now picking up on this and skimmed through this thread.

I actually had a touch of pain reading this thread and especially Lingo's response Babs posted. I was one of the first (maybe THE first) non-troll BYU fan permanently banned from CB. I had invested a lot of time and emotion in that board, even though I wasn't the perfect poster according to Jefe and his mods. I didn't go home and cry and eat a quart of ice cream over it or anything, but it did hurt me and it was actually quite painful reading the message that I was permanently banned and realizing I was cut off forever from a community of BYU fans I had some level of affinity with.

I'm very disengaged from the particulars of this case and have no opinion on whether this banishment was right or wrong, but I'd like to throw it out there generally that I would hope permanent banishment would be a last resort after a well thought through process. I don't think that was the case at CB. I have faith in the board administrators here.

And Lingo, I never knew you that well and I don't know if you deserved it or not, but I sympathize with you. Hang in there.
                              Lingo is not permanently banned. He will be back in 4 days now.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                                Lingo is not permanently banned. He will be back in 4 days now.
                                OK lol. All this over four days? Nevermind.

p.s. Lingo, I don't sympathize with you anymore. Shut up and take your four days.
                                Last edited by jay santos; 10-23-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X