Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning/Suspending Posters

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    As you should be!!

[YOUTUBE]99X8WDQWAKg[/YOUTUBE]
    What an eccentric performance indeed!
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

WOW. Where have I been.. I missed all of this..

Dear CUF Members:

As pointed out in this thread, JohnnyLingo has been temporarily banned from CUF. On Monday he posted an offensive image in response to another poster. For this he was banned one day. He has received additional time for creating duplicate accounts in an attempt to circumvent his original ban.

Regards,

YOhio
    Executive Committee Member

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Dear CUF Members:

As pointed out in this thread, JohnnyLingo has been temporarily banned from CUF. On Monday he posted an offensive image in response to another poster. For this he was banned one day. He has received additional time for creating duplicate accounts in an attempt to circumvent his original ban.

Regards,

YOhio
    ROFLMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    WOW. Where have I been.. I missed all of this..
    Coincidentally, Robin Finderson missed the train again, as well.

Basically JohnnyLingo has gone insane, trying to destroy the community by thumbing his nose at the rules and by posting abusive images. People have tried to reason with him, but he won't listen. He also seems to be blaming others for his behavior, which is very odd.He keeps creating duplicate accounts in order to come back and create more havoc.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
    Frankly, I am slightly more scared of the Easter Bunny than I am of Lebowski and the rest of the EC showing up at my virtual house to have a cyber blanket party.

What! There is a blanket party at your house, yet I have no invitation.

Speaks volumes.

Dear CUF Members:

Regards,

YOhio
    One day? He went through the trouble of making additional accounts for a 1 day ban? If I was dealt a one day ban I would shrug my shoulders, make a mental note not to do whatever I did again, and actually do something productive with my life for the next 24 hours. I might even be posting something scandalous soon so I can do just that.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Basically JohnnyLingo has gone insane, trying to destroy the community by thumbing his nose at the rules and by posting abusive images. People have tried to reason with him, but he won't listen. He also seems to be blaming others for his behavior, which is very odd.He keeps creating duplicate accounts in order to come back and create more havoc.
    Dang, I revel in Havoc and I missed it. Some of you have all the fun.

Banned

Dear CUF Members:

Regards,

YOhio
    You are the last person who should speak on behalf of the EC because 95% of your posts are sarcastic. How should anyone know whether this was truthful or a gag?

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    If this makes it unscathed, how about a SS Gay guy and for good measure a SS Old guy. Do you have any of those at your touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
    You are the last person who should speak on behalf of the EC because 95% of your posts are sarcastic. How should anyone know whether this was truthful or a gag?
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    What! There is a blanket party at your house, yet I have no invitation.

Speaks volumes.
    Once the restraining order is lifted, you are welcome to come too, as long as we have appropriate supervision.

Banned

Good point.
    Honestly, while reading your explanation, an image of balloon boy's dad faking a few tears for the camera floated through my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Never a dull moment here at CUF...

And to think someone actually tried to compare me to JL when I first joined the site here. THE NERVE!!!

Good point.
    There you go again

The best thing about that boat...it fits in the bed of my pickup. I didn't appreciate the name my wife gave it, however.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Never a dull moment here at CUF...

And to think someone actually tried to compare me to JL when I first joined the site here. THE NERVE!!!
    It was a warning shot accross the bow. Unless you tone down your conservative political rhetoric, you too will be Lingoized.

Quote Originally Posted by DU Ute View Post
    One day? He went through the trouble of making additional accounts for a 1 day ban? If I was dealt a one day ban I would shrug my shoulders, make a mental note not to do whatever I did again, and actually do something productive with my life for the next 24 hours. I might even be posting something scandalous soon so I can do just that.
    I think his issue is he didn't know for how long he was banned. He didn't know it was only one day, or he probably would have let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    It was a warning shot accross the bow. Unless you tone down your conservative political rhetoric, you too will be Lingoized.
    It wasn't his politics that made him a pariah, it was those parting shot/digs that he would let fly at the end of his posts.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    It wasn't his politics that made him a pariah, it was those parting shot/digs that he would let fly at the end of his posts.
    Oh I see, his pot shots and digs weren't up to the calibre of others who throw out pot shots and digs. Seems reasonable.

By the way, you are the man. Whilst I don't have the man crush on you that you have on DDD, I still am an admirer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    I think his issue is he didn't know for how long he was banned. He didn't know it was only one day, or he probably would have let it die.
    I'm an outside the box type thinker, so I'll go out on a limb and say he probably should have been given that small piece of information.

When a poster is banned they receive a message letting them know the duration of the sentence.

When a poster is banned they receive a message letting them know the duration of the sentence.
    And if he was given that piece of info, then he should have kept his mouth shut.

And if he was given that piece of info, then he should have kept his mouth shut.
    Yep.

This is true. When I was banned, every time I tried to log back in and see if the EC was bluffing, it told me exactly when the ban would expire...down to the second.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Crap, I had a great conspiracy theory all worked out, but it's foundation was based on Lingo not knowing it was a 1 day ban.

And if he was given that piece of info, then he should have kept his mouth shut last night.
    I fixed it for you.

Is there any correlation to the prirate bandana, and the boat being red???? Hmmmm

Bonus that Brother Lingo is reading this thread and can't respond!!