This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    JohnnyLingo was banned for the image. He made a dupe account. he was banned for that. he made a second dupe account to post again. Banned again.

Adios, JohnnyLingo.

Seems like his punishment was made infinitely worse for his subsequent actions, not his initial infraction.
    Isn't that the way it always is? You go upriver for 1-3 for getting caught with too many dime bags and end up spending the rest of your life for sticking a shiv in some guy's ribs in the shower.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lingo Returns
      Want to know why I am making dupe accounts?

Because there was no discussion before the ban.

There was no discussion after the ban.

No one on the EC has even tried to talk to me. Lebowski won't respond to my e-mail. This is the ONLY way I have to make my voice heard on the matter.

On CB you can at least post an appeal and know the mods are reading it. Here I might as well have been banned by a ghost.

Is this how you want bannings to go? Dragging posters from their homes in the middle of the night and tossing them into a cell without so much as a "hey there, you're banned"?

If that's what the community wants, then fine.

It just seems shady to me.
      yep. nightmare.

Comment

LOL!

This is FAN-tastic.

Wonderful theater.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

btw folks, please let the record show that until the very bitter end, JohnnyLingo was still reading and responding to my posts....even from the grave!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            yep. nightmare.
            In his defense, I did raise the prospect of dragging him from his home in the middle of the night. So at least that bit of paranoia is accurate.

Other than that, though, I'm not sure (speaking generically) why people should care that much about being banned from somewhere. It's not like this site comprises 90% of the interwebs or something.

Comment

Babs, you don't like me. Don't pretend to be some impartial judge here.
              Whether I like you is independent of my opinion of the committee's action and your response. I have not commented on the decision, nor do I plan to.

I have noted, though, that posters like JohnnyLingo are an admin's nightmare once suspended, because they're utterly relentless in their determination to make themselves heard.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                btw folks, please let the record show that until the very bitter end, JohnnyLingo was still reading and responding to my posts....even from the grave!
                That does it! You're just so full of yourself!! I'm so putting you on my ignore list.

Comment

Because this is a community. That means something to guys like Robin.

Huh. Looks like I was wrong.
                  Johnnylingo.....starring in.....

[YOUTUBE]IYpeKbHKVbU[/YOUTUBE]
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I have noted, though, that posters like JohnnyLingo are an admin's nightmare once suspended, because they're utterly relentless in their determination to make themselves heard.
                    We talked about this phenomenon in law school. It is the same thing as the outraged plaintiff who refuses to settle or pursues a dubious case because they want to be heard in court. They want justice, dammit, no matter what the cost!

Frankly, I am slightly more scared of the Easter Bunny than I am of Lebowski and the rest of the EC showing up at my virtual house to have a cyber blanket party.

Comment

I guess he really doesn't get it. I really wasn't sure, but it is evident now. Even if you get a suspension for a bogus reason, you don't then go give the jurors a chance to hang you for a legitimate reason.

I would have respected him so much more if he had just said, frick you guys, see you when the suspension is over.

Comment

Later tonight the dude goes home to find his rug missing and a funny smell in the kitchen....

Comment

That does it! You're just so full of yourself!! I'm so putting you on my ignore list.
                          That seems shady to me.

I might as well have been ignored by a ghost.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                            We talked about this phenomenon in law school. It is the same thing as the outraged plaintiff who refuses to settle or pursues a dubious case because they want to be heard in court. They want justice, dammit, no matter what the cost!

Frankly, I am slightly more scared of the Easter Bunny than I am of Lebowski and the rest of the EC showing up at my virtual house to have a cyber blanket party.
                            Lingo being virtually dragged from his bed and beaten is just another in a long list of persecutions heaped on Church members in these latter days. Lingo's suffering while wandering in the dreary, CUFless cyber-wilderness will certainly bring him closer to the pioneers and other early Saints. This whole experience may even turn out to be testimony worthy.
                            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Does anyone remember this El Debarge tune from Short Circuit?

[YOUTUBE]6jaWPQ3Z7FE[/YOUTUBE]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post

As you should be!!

[YOUTUBE]99X8WDQWAKg[/YOUTUBE]
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X