• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
    I don't know that I'd characterize it as "witty."

Maybe "glib," or "flippant."
    glib - lacking depth and substance

flippant- lacking

witty- good intellectual capacity, clever.

Don't shortchange yourself, there are plenty of those on the board just dieing for the opportunity to do that to you. Don't help them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      glib - lacking depth and substance

flippant- lacking

witty- good intellectual capacity, clever.

Don't shortchange yourself, there are plenty of those on the board just dieing for the opportunity to do that to you. Don't help them out.
      It's a question of taste, that's all.

Comment

It's a question of taste, that's all.
        Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying you prefer people who are glib or flippant to people who are witty?

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying you prefer people who are glib or flippant to people who are witty?
          I'm saying to one, a statement may be witty, while to someone else, the same statement may be glib or flippant.

Comment

I'm saying to one, a statement may be witty, while to someone else, the same statement may be glib or flippant.
            No, your exact quote was "I don't know if I'd consider it witty." So you weren't talking about someone else or you just don't know the difference between words like "I" and words like "others".

Anyway, after this back and forth, I will withdraw my comment that you are witty and change it to you were flippant.

Comment

Working...
            X