LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
    Handbook of Instruction #1, Section 3.4.2 states, "The distribution and sale of garments requires the authorization of the First Presidency."

Since they are not selling garments (just adding symbols to your clothing) and not distributing garments (just returning the clothing you sent them) it seems they found a nice loophole.
    Doesn't sound like a loop hole at all. Sounds like a way of making a quick buck off of suckers who want to pretend they are wearing LDS Garments, when in fact they are wearing regular clothes with silk screened markings that literally mean nothing to the wearer at all. Otherwise, they wouldn't have taken that course of action in the first place. It would be like me putting in a website and telling people for $5.00 a month I'll do your home teaching for you by making contact with them. You can report 100% every month I can run your card.

(hey... I might be onto something.)

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      Doesn't sound like a loop hole at all. Sounds like a way of making a quick buck off of suckers who want to pretend they are wearing LDS Garments, when in fact they are wearing regular clothes with silk screened markings that literally mean nothing to the wearer at all. Otherwise, they wouldn't have taken that course of action in the first place. It would be like me putting in a website and telling people for $5.00 a month I'll do your home teaching for you by making contact with them. You can report 100% every month I can run your card.

(hey... I might be onto something.)
      Tell me when your online home teaching website is up.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Handbook of Instruction #1, Section 3.4.2 states, "The distribution and sale of garments requires the authorization of the First Presidency."

Since they are not selling garments (just adding symbols to your clothing) and not distributing garments (just returning the clothing you sent them) it seems they found a nice loophole.
        I like how you think. Have you considered becoming a tax attorney?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I wonder if "the church" (whomever that means) would prefer for me to wear silk screened undergarments of my own choosing that represent my covenants to me or simply ditch the garments like I do most of the time now.

I really would like to renew my temple recommend and would gladly wear garments in the temple, but I'm mostly fed up with the ill-fitting and poorly constructed garments. I'm also fed up with the modesty rhetoric. My shoulders and kneecaps aren't so lust-inducing that the mere sight of them will cause men to turn into raving sex beasts.
          "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            ...when in fact they are wearing regular clothes with silk screened markings that literally mean nothing to the wearer at all.
            This is where I think you run afoul. There is nothing special about "authorized" garments. What i mean by that is that that they come in multiple styles, sizes, designs and fabrics. So those things cannot be the important part. They also allow military members to have the symbols stitched to the inside of their military issued shirts, sononce again the article of clothing is not issue. It is all about the "meaning" or reminder to someone of the commitments made in the temple. So who cares what underwear someone wears as long as it reminds them of the God.
            Last edited by Sullyute; 05-03-2013, 07:53 PM.
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
              My shoulders and kneecaps aren't so lust-inducing that the mere sight of them will cause men to turn into raving sex beasts.
              Please submit a picture of your kneecap so we can judge for ouselves. TIA

Comment

Please submit a picture of your kneecap so we can judge for ouselves. TIA
                Your kneecap fetish isn't my problem. The internet is full of free kneecap pictures. Leave me out of your unhealthy obsession.
                "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  I cannot read a sealed book

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    I cannot read a sealed book
                    Lolz

Comment

Distribute: "to pass out or deliver (mail, newspapers, etc.) to intended recipients."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/distribute

Comment

• It's been a little over a year since Mrs. NWC and I have worn garments. Of course we haven't been to the temple for awhile. But that was never a big part of our lives anyway. It wasn't a huge deal for me to stop wearing them, but it was a deliberate decision on her part. One day she was wearing them, and the next day she wasn't.

Aside from my carnal desires, it was a very freeing decision for her. It hasn't been without its drawbacks, as her active friends can tell she isn't part of the 'club'. But for us, it's been a good decision.

Not to get too explicit, but one of the best feelings is to go to bed without Gs. The feeling of closeness is sublime. Why , it inspired me to pen this couplet:

All clothes should be shed
                        When going to bed.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

This is where I think you run afoul. There is nothing special about "authorized" garments. What i mean by that is that that they come in multiple styles, sizes, designs and fabrics. So those things cannot be the important part. They also allow military members to have the symbols stitched to the inside of their military issued shirts, sononce again the article of clothing is not issue. It is all about the "meaning" or reminder to someone of the commitments made in the temple. So who cares what underwear someone wears as long as it reminds them of the God.
                          Obviously the people that wrote the handbook care, so you must be missing something in your logic. I think the anticompetitive conspiracy that the Church is running to make sure you have enough money to pay your tithing is the theory that makes the most sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                            Your kneecap fetish isn't my problem. The internet is full of free kneecap pictures. Leave me out of your unhealthy obsession.
                            Based on your recommendation I just google image searched kneecaps. That fetish didn't last long. [barf]

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                              Obviously the people that wrote the handbook care, so you must be missing something in your logic. I think the anticompetitive conspiracy that the Church is running to make sure you have enough money to pay your tithing is the theory that makes the most sense.
                              It is an awfully thick book so they must care about a lot of things. Like my short lived kneecap fetish, maybe obsessing over peoples underwear is their "thorn in the flesh".

Comment

It is an awfully thick book so they must care about a lot of things. Like my short lived kneecap fetish, maybe obsessing over peoples underwear is their "thorn in the flesh".
                                Let's just get rid of garments all together then. And while we're at it ... lets throw out the Word of Wisdom, the law of chastity, the ten commandments ...

Way too much "obsessing" going on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X