Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1261

Thread: LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Poor guy, if that's the case he's got an all time wedgie.
    Or he’s hung like a horse
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

So the rumor is new men's garments coming in June... shorter sleeves and a more athletic design (whatever that means).

As long as they bring the vneck back I'll be happy.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    So the rumor is new men's garments coming in June... shorter sleeves and a more athletic design (whatever that means).

As long as they bring the vneck back I'll be happy.
    Where's this rumor coming from.

I have a feeling the v-neck won't be coming back this time around. So I'll continue to make my own v-necks as needed.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post

I have a feeling the v-neck won't be coming back this time around. So I'll continue to make my own v-necks as needed.
    A friend's cousin who's wife heard it at the distribution center at the temple... it must be true!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    A friend's cousin who's wife heard it at the distribution center at the temple... it must be true!
    From LDS.org, last year:

A new style, Women’s Stretch Cotton garments, were introduced in February of this year (see related story), and the product line will be extended to include men’s Stretch Cotton styles available in early 2019.
    https://www.lds.org/church/news/chur...brics?lang=eng

Maybe "stretch" is the "athletic design" your friend's cousin's wife overheard at the distribution center at the temple.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
    I've spent the last ten minutes crying tears of frustration that I can't wear a simple cap-sleeved T-shirt without my garments deforming my waist into a bulbous caricature of myself.

I feel alien in these things. I can't wear simple, modest clothes without looking deformed. The body garments produce is not ME. I don't look like this.

I love the covenants that these garments represent, but I want off this boat.
    Kind of sad that the recent changes came too late for Mrs. Funk. Seems like a lot of what she was asking for.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Default LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Look what’s back!

I’m not really sure what’s new about these, but it says they are and only available online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 02-17-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Default LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Just ordered a v-neck top and corresponding bottom. Will return and report.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Look what’s back!

I'm guessing this guy struck out as a Calvin Klein model.
    "In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    I'm guessing this guy struck out as a Calvin Klein model.
    That thigh gap, tho!

PS: I think it’s a mannequin.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

I have heard for a while that the men would also get a style with screen-printed marks instead of the stitching that shows through most shirts that have a decent fit. Is the new V-neck the fulfillment of this promise?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Look what’s back!

I’m not really sure what’s new about these, but it says they are and only available online.

Whaaaaa?!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

They are very comfortable and a nice fit. Better than any of the styles I have previously worn. Took a chance on the regular length (5'10) and was rewarded as it no longer comes to my shins. sleeves allow for normal short sleeves without any show. No complaints from me, but never had any complaints before except for the bottom length which was solved by buying short.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

What’s the advantage of a v neck?
    Serious question.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    What’s the advantage of a v neck?
    Serious question.
    Open neck shirt without looking like you are wearing an undershirt.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Open neck shirt without looking like you are wearing an undershirt.

This is going to sound stupid, but I still don’t get it.
    Is it bad to look like you’re wearing an undershirt?

I have the silky roundies under my collection of polo shirts. Just looked in the bathroom mirror and I can’t tell I’m wearing a T-shirt.
    Still, serious question.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

I have the silky roundies under my collection of polo shirts. Just looked in the bathroom mirror and I can’t tell I’m wearing a T-shirt.
    Still, serious question.
    You are in the right. The silky roundies are the best for not getting that shirt-under-a-shirt look, which is goofy if you're wearing a t-shirt. Taster's choice if you're wearing a polo- I wouldn't say it's goofy to have a t-shirt under that.

I also don't see what advantage the v-neck provides that the swoop neck doesn't, other than possibly looking cooler when you're lounging around the house in your g-top.

*Falafel, you don't mean like a button-down henley, do you? Like the v-neck provides an extra bare patch of chest you just don't get w the swoop neck?
    Last edited by Commando; 02-19-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    You are in the right. The silky roundies are the best for not getting that shirt-under-a-shirt look, which is goofy if you're wearing a t-shirt. Taster's choice if you're wearing a polo- I wouldn't say it's goofy to have a t-shirt under that.

I also don't see what advantage the v-neck provides that the swoop neck doesn't, other than possibly looking cooler when you're lounging around the house in your g-top.

*Falafel, you don't mean like a button-down henley, do you? Like the v-neck provides an extra bare patch of chest you just don't get w the swoop neck?
    The v roughly matches the shape of the open neck dress shirt. When wearing a tie, the preferred undershirt is crew neck so as to not have a v or scoop showing. Now days I only wear undershirts with dress shirts. When I was wearing Gs I never liked the feel of the scoop neck and I hated the way it looked with a white shirt.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Still, serious question.
    Its just personal preference. When I was younger, I wanted a t-shirt under EVERYTHING, even other t-shirts. Now I can't stand the look of having two t-shirts (one being holy). I prefer the scoop-neck silky, as it is virtually friction-less and is very thin, so there is no extra bulk.

However, there are times when I don't want to wear the silky. For example, in the summer time, those things are like wearing a trash bag beneath your clothes. They do not breath, which is bad news when it is 115 outside. In that situation, I need something cotton or cotton-like. But I don't the round-neck cotton because I don't want an extra collar in most situations, and I don't want a scoop neck cotton because those are often too thick and I don't like the look under a white-shirt.

This new v-neck might solve both problems. It is supposedly not bulky and is tighter-fitting, with shorter sleeves. So it won't bunch up under certain clothes. It is also breathable, which will help in the summer.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The advantage to the V neck is the silk screened marks (to be confirmed when my order arrived). If they have gone from stitching to screening for the v neck only I will switch to almost 100% v neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I like the v-neck for dress shirts. Scoop neck still shows through a white shirt, while a v-neck aligns closer with the actual neck of the dress shirt. Gives you an undershirt without the appearance of an undershirt!

I don't wear henleys.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I ordered some v necks and also the other new one. I’m also hoping mostly for silk screened marks and for them to be more breathable and wearable in the hot Texas summers. I also hope the thickness of the neck line is significantly reduced. My current garment versions (scoop neck) have a bunch of material in the neck line. I’m not sure why they made it so thick since you really just need to hem it and be done with it.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

However, there are times when I don't want to wear the silky. For example, in the summer time, those things are like wearing a trash bag beneath your clothes. They do not breath, which is bad news when it is 115 outside. In that situation, I need something cotton or cotton-like. But I don't the round-neck cotton because I don't want an extra collar in most situations, and I don't want a scoop neck cotton because those are often too thick and I don't like the look under a white-shirt.
    Or you could just go without, I would think the Lord would understand on a hot, hot day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    The advantage to the V neck is the silk screened marks (to be confirmed when my order arrived). If they have gone from stitching to screening for the v neck only I will switch to almost 100% v neck.

I can confirm.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    I can confirm.
    If I was driving, I would pull over to the side of the road to weep. The stitching has been bugging me forever.

If I was driving, I would pull over to the side of the road to weep. The stitching has been bugging me forever.

I only got one pair as a test. I told my wife I wasn't going to change until I got more. She vetoed that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Or you could just go without, I would think the Lord would understand on a hot, hot day.
    Even while I'm at work? I can't walk to lunch (or up a flight of stairs) in the summer without the silkies sticking to my skin.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Agreed, no more having to tell the ladies “my eyes are up here!”
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Wow. The struggle is real.
    I admire your courage to put your shoulder to wheel and push on in faith.

I have two dress shirts, and neither of them is white.
    Bullet dodged.*

* My faith is sufficient that my silkies would deflect the bullet if I was in fact shot.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

* My faith is sufficient that my silkies would deflect the bullet if I was in fact shot.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71