LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Open neck shirt without looking like you are wearing an undershirt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    This is going to sound stupid, but I still don’t get it.
    Is it bad to look like you’re wearing an undershirt?

I have the silky roundies under my collection of polo shirts. Just looked in the bathroom mirror and I can’t tell I’m wearing a T-shirt.
    Still, serious question.
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post

I have the silky roundies under my collection of polo shirts. Just looked in the bathroom mirror and I can’t tell I’m wearing a T-shirt.
      Still, serious question.
      You are in the right. The silky roundies are the best for not getting that shirt-under-a-shirt look, which is goofy if you're wearing a t-shirt. Taster's choice if you're wearing a polo- I wouldn't say it's goofy to have a t-shirt under that.

I also don't see what advantage the v-neck provides that the swoop neck doesn't, other than possibly looking cooler when you're lounging around the house in your g-top.

*Falafel, you don't mean like a button-down henley, do you? Like the v-neck provides an extra bare patch of chest you just don't get w the swoop neck?
      Last edited by Commando; 02-19-2019, 12:49 PM.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        You are in the right. The silky roundies are the best for not getting that shirt-under-a-shirt look, which is goofy if you're wearing a t-shirt. Taster's choice if you're wearing a polo- I wouldn't say it's goofy to have a t-shirt under that.

I also don't see what advantage the v-neck provides that the swoop neck doesn't, other than possibly looking cooler when you're lounging around the house in your g-top.

*Falafel, you don't mean like a button-down henley, do you? Like the v-neck provides an extra bare patch of chest you just don't get w the swoop neck?
        The v roughly matches the shape of the open neck dress shirt. When wearing a tie, the preferred undershirt is crew neck so as to not have a v or scoop showing. Now days I only wear undershirts with dress shirts. When I was wearing Gs I never liked the feel of the scoop neck and I hated the way it looked with a white shirt.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Still, serious question.
          Its just personal preference. When I was younger, I wanted a t-shirt under EVERYTHING, even other t-shirts. Now I can't stand the look of having two t-shirts (one being holy). I prefer the scoop-neck silky, as it is virtually friction-less and is very thin, so there is no extra bulk.

However, there are times when I don't want to wear the silky. For example, in the summer time, those things are like wearing a trash bag beneath your clothes. They do not breath, which is bad news when it is 115 outside. In that situation, I need something cotton or cotton-like. But I don't the round-neck cotton because I don't want an extra collar in most situations, and I don't want a scoop neck cotton because those are often too thick and I don't like the look under a white-shirt.

This new v-neck might solve both problems. It is supposedly not bulky and is tighter-fitting, with shorter sleeves. So it won't bunch up under certain clothes. It is also breathable, which will help in the summer.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The advantage to the V neck is the silk screened marks (to be confirmed when my order arrived). If they have gone from stitching to screening for the v neck only I will switch to almost 100% v neck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              I like the v-neck for dress shirts. Scoop neck still shows through a white shirt, while a v-neck aligns closer with the actual neck of the dress shirt. Gives you an undershirt without the appearance of an undershirt!

I don't wear henleys.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I ordered some v necks and also the other new one. I’m also hoping mostly for silk screened marks and for them to be more breathable and wearable in the hot Texas summers. I also hope the thickness of the neck line is significantly reduced. My current garment versions (scoop neck) have a bunch of material in the neck line. I’m not sure why they made it so thick since you really just need to hem it and be done with it.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

However, there are times when I don't want to wear the silky. For example, in the summer time, those things are like wearing a trash bag beneath your clothes. They do not breath, which is bad news when it is 115 outside. In that situation, I need something cotton or cotton-like. But I don't the round-neck cotton because I don't want an extra collar in most situations, and I don't want a scoop neck cotton because those are often too thick and I don't like the look under a white-shirt.
                  Or you could just go without, I would think the Lord would understand on a hot, hot day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    The advantage to the V neck is the silk screened marks (to be confirmed when my order arrived). If they have gone from stitching to screening for the v neck only I will switch to almost 100% v neck.

I can confirm.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                      I can confirm.
                      If I was driving, I would pull over to the side of the road to weep. The stitching has been bugging me forever.

Comment

If I was driving, I would pull over to the side of the road to weep. The stitching has been bugging me forever.

I only got one pair as a test. I told my wife I wasn't going to change until I got more. She vetoed that idea.
                        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          Or you could just go without, I would think the Lord would understand on a hot, hot day.
                          Even while I'm at work? I can't walk to lunch (or up a flight of stairs) in the summer without the silkies sticking to my skin.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Agreed, no more having to tell the ladies “my eyes are up here!”
                            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Wow. The struggle is real.
                              I admire your courage to put your shoulder to wheel and push on in faith.

I have two dress shirts, and neither of them is white.
                              Bullet dodged.*

* My faith is sufficient that my silkies would deflect the bullet if I was in fact shot.
                              I intend to live forever.
                              So far, so good.
                              --Steven Wright

Comment

* My faith is sufficient that my silkies would deflect the bullet if I was in fact shot.
                                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X