LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Update on the new bottoms: so after I wore them for an entire day, I noticed they were pulling down a bit in the backside, I.e. inching towards plumber butt. After I washed and dried them, they shrunk quite a bit—to the point that the crotch is nearly 4 inches shorter than the mesh bottoms I’ve been wearing. I think there may have been a little extra room in the mesh bottoms (insert small penis joke here) but there was not 4 extra inches of room.

I fear these bottoms are not going to work for me. If they are pulling down even more than they were on Sunday, they are definitely a no go, no matter how soft the material.
    I think I agree with this. The tops are a game changer although I have some small issues with them, mostly the increased number of seams due to the mesh side. They are also a little longer even though I got the short version. But those are small qualms. They are definitely a big improvement so kudos to the Chinese sweatshop that makes them!

The bottoms are a bit weird. They are longer and a bit tight. I haven’t even washed mine yet so I’ll check the fit after they are washed. Mine pulled down as well, but I didn’t mind it since I’d prefer them to low tide a bit. I may get a pair that are a size up to try out, but in the meantime I’m sticking with the tried and true bottoms of yore.

I wonder if I could get a top made solely out of that new mesh material? It’s definitely an improvement over the plastic bag feeling garbage they had before.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Are the new silk screened symbols not used on all garments? I just got some 100% cotton crew necks, and they all have the old school marks.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        Are the new silk screened symbols not used on all garments? I just got some 100% cotton crew necks, and they all have the old school marks.
        So far I have only seen them on the new material'd Gs.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          Are the new silk screened symbols not used on all garments? I just got some 100% cotton crew necks, and they all have the old school marks.
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          So far I have only seen them on the new material'd Gs.
          Same. My question is whether that is by design or if they are just working through a back-supply of the old ones, and once those are gone, if they'll all be screen printed.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Same. My question is whether that is by design or if they are just working through a back-supply of the old ones, and once those are gone, if they'll all be screen printed.
            Mine were delivered late because they were out of stock. Unless there's a giant warehouse in Malaysia filled with stitched garments for members of Christ's restored Church, my guess is the stitching is here to stay for the classic material garments.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• My two month review is that the bottoms are really good for knowing when to do a load in the washing machine. If I get down to the last two pair of bottoms - I'm doing a load a whites. I'd rather wear a dirty pair to bed than the news ones clean.

How many of you do your own laundry? I do... and have for years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Got one each to try. Big fan of the tops. Sleeves are short and I no longer have to worry about them sticking past my shirt sleeves. Same with the neck. I like both the V neck and loose crew. Though the V neck fits a bit slimmer in the body which I prefer. So I think when I order more I will just roll with all V neck. As it doesn't plunge to my navel like the old round tops

I also like the bottoms. But they're too warm IMO. Also even though I ordered the short version they're still a bit long. I'm just a boxer guy. I like things to breathe and dangle. I'd probably free ball if I didn't have to wear Gs.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Got one each to try. Big fan of the tops. Sleeves are short and I no longer have to worry about them sticking past my shirt sleeves. Same with the neck. I like both the V neck and loose crew. Though the V neck fits a bit slimmer in the body which I prefer. So I think when I order more I will just roll with all V neck. As it doesn't plunge to my navel like the old round tops

I also like the bottoms. But they're too warm IMO. Also even though I ordered the short version they're still a bit long. I'm just a boxer guy. I like things to breathe and dangle. I'd probably free ball if I didn't have to wear Gs.
                  I'm annoyed that the v necks don't fit exactly the same as the crew necks. The v neck is definitely slimmer. The medium crew neck fits perfect. I guess I'll have to order some large v necks to try.

I agree on the shorts. They are nice, but I prefer the silky or mesh boxers. Mesh in short are great for summer.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I'm annoyed that the v necks don't fit exactly the same as the crew necks. The v neck is definitely slimmer. The medium crew neck fits perfect. I guess I'll have to order some large v necks to try.

I agree on the shorts. They are nice, but I prefer the silky or mesh boxers. Mesh in short are great for summer.
                    Yes. Mesh short boxers all day. And yes, I'm wondering if I need to size down in the crew so it fits like the v neck. I'm glad this seems to be a consistent issue with the cut rather than a one off issue I have found. I just washed them so I want to see how they fit after before ordering more to replace what I have.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Yes. Mesh short boxers all day. And yes, I'm wondering if I need to size down in the crew so it fits like the v neck. I'm glad this seems to be a consistent issue with the cut rather than a one off issue I have found. I just washed them so I want to see how they fit after before ordering more to replace what I have.
                      The new bottoms are terrible. Don't mind the tops

Comment

• Big fan of the new tops and bottoms.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          The new bottoms are terrible. Don't mind the tops
                          I like the tops a lot better than anything offered before. The bottoms are okay. They suck at first but I’ve found that if you break them in a bit they are better.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Wow. Who knew there were so many medical problems related to Gs?

It’s impossible for me to sympathize because I adapt completely and immediately to whatever I’m wearing as soon as I put it on and never think about it again. I have the opposite of the sensory processing disorder described here: total lack of sensation or even awareness of what I’m wearing.

https://mormondom.com/i-cant-wear-ga...s-ea2a0d025e03

Comment

• LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              Wow. Who knew there were so many medical problems related to Gs?

It’s impossible for me to sympathize because I adapt completely and immediately to whatever I’m wearing as soon as I put it on and never think about it again. I have the opposite of the sensory processing disorder described here: total lack of sensation or even awareness of what I’m wearing.

https://mormondom.com/i-cant-wear-ga...s-ea2a0d025e03
                              Oh geez. I’d bet money that 99% of those women allegedly experiencing physical side effects from garments have an underlying psychological or mental health issue which is a self-perpetuating cause of their physical maladies.

Though I did get a chuckle out of the comments by the lady who needs more support for he “larger than normal lady parts” downstairs. Lady, if your vagina is falling out, you should get that checked out and stop relying on tight underwear to address the issue.
                              Last edited by Donuthole; 07-27-2019, 09:19 AM.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• That's interesting. My wife and some of her friends have come to similar conclusions and wear their garments selectively.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X