Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Another victory for Satan!!!
    You all moved on before the change, so you're stuck with the nomenclature that existed at the time. Sorry bro.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      You all moved on before the change, so you're stuck with the nomenclature that existed at the time. Sorry bro.
      Why are you apologizing to me? I celebrate the victories that Satan achieves.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• They shrunk! This is going to alter date night.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          Why are you apologizing to me? I celebrate the victories that Satan achieves.
          Dude, don't you know that that quote is going to be read back to you on Judgment Day!?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            They shrunk! This is going to alter date night.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
              My V-necks got delivered yesterday.

I'm a cotton crew neck guy, so that's the perpective I'm coming from. These tops are a little thinner than what I'm used to and they feel a little silkier than the softness of the cotton crew.

I just wish they would take the same material and collar style of the cotton crew, just made into a v-neck.

The collar size and visibility for collared shirts is about right though. Not too low, not too high.
              My samples arrived yesterday as well. For me they are a game changer. The v neck works with polos or t shirts and is super comfortable. It will be my go to under t shirts in the summer when it is too hot for the silky swoop. I also tried a crew neck in stretch cotton and I'm a fan as well. The collar on both styles is a huge step up...no giant strip of fabric showing through on dress shirts or creating double collar syndrome under t shirts. The screen printed marks are great too. Shouldn't show through on any shirt. The fit is a huge improvement. No bunchy fabric in the shoulders or armpit. They are stretchy enough that the collar and sleeves stay in place and dont peek out all over the place but they don't feel like a compression shirt. They are light and breathe well.

I honestly dont see me buying anything else but v and crew neck in stretch cotton and maybe some silky swoops for t shirts. See ya, cotton-poly and dri lux.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Omaha 680; 02-28-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                My samples arrived yesterday as well. For me they are a game changer. The v neck works with polos or t shirts and is super comfortable. It will be my go to under t shirts in the summer when it is too hot for the silky swoop. I also tried a crew neck in stretch cotton and I'm a fan as well. The collar on both styles is a huge step up...no giant strip of fabric showing through on dress shirts or creating double collar syndrome under t shirts. The screen printed marks are great too. Shouldn't show through on any shirt. The fit is a huge improvement. No bunchy fabric in the shoulders or armpit. They are stretchy enough that the collar and sleeves stay in place and dont peek out all over the place but they don't feel like a compression shirt. They are light and breathe well.

I honestly dont see me buying anything else but v and crew neck in stretch cotton and maybe some silky swoops for t shirts. See ya, cotton-poly and dri lux.

I agree on all points. I also like the mesh inserts in strategic places for better ventilation.

However, as nice as they are when brand new, I think they will wear out sooner. The old cotton or poly/cotton tops and bottoms lasted forever. But the improvement in fit and finish is probably worth the trade-off in longevity.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                  I agree on all points. I also like the mesh inserts in strategic places for better ventilation.

However, as nice as they are when brand new, I think they will wear out sooner. The old cotton or poly/cotton tops and bottoms lasted forever. But the improvement in fit and finish is probably worth the trade-off in longevity.
                  My experience has been that just because the old ones “last” forever doesn’t mean they should be kept forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    My experience has been that just because the old ones “last” forever doesn’t mean they should be kept forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    That's the thought I had as well.

Comment

• I got my new v-neck and "compression" bottoms yesterday. They feel great, although if they shrink much like Clack says, I may need to go up a size. They are pretty form-fitting.

Funk, let me know if you want to send any candids.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                        I agree with the points here, generally. These are a huge upgrade. That said, I will never understand why whoever designs garments doesn’t understand that, with underclothing, seams are the enemy. The more seams, the more chance for discomfort. So seams should be minimized and strategically placed.

The V-neck top

The good:
                        Fit is a huge improvement; ironed marks are amazing.

The bad:
                        Inserts along the sides of the tops create twice as many seams. These aren’t really pressure points, but I can still feel the extra seams when I bend or stretch. The mesh insert isn’t worth the extra seams, IMO.

The bigger issue remains with the bottoms.

The Stretch Cotton Bottom
                        The good:
                        The wider, softer waistband is an improvement;
                        the use of the soft mesh in the junk slot is nice. Also, there appears to be sufficient overlap in the folds such that even if your dong wiggles past the first layer it will not automatically find its way out into the abyss;

Nice compression effect with much softer feel than the old compression bottoms.

The bad:
                        Seams! Why the eff can’t someone understand that we don’t want seams running across the arse of our garments!? This is where we sit! There is a reason there are no seams on the bottom of your socks. There is also a reason why any quality underwear manufacturer does not place seams across the arse. Note the absence of seams on the back of these TJs:

Why is this? Because when you put direct pressure on a seam, the bunching/stitching/serging presses into the skin. Over time, this causes discomfort. As with all men’s garments, when you sit down in these, the seams press into your arse cheeks. For me, these seams run right across the pressure points when I’m sitting upright. So annoying.

In short, the material and fit are a huge improvement. But gosh dammit charge us an extra dollar per pair and use a single piece of fabric for the backside.

Side note: the new stretchy mesh is nice. I would like to see the same fit made completely out of that.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Update on the new bottoms: so after I wore them for an entire day, I noticed they were pulling down a bit in the backside, I.e. inching towards plumber butt. After I washed and dried them, they shrunk quite a bit—to the point that the crotch is nearly 4 inches shorter than the mesh bottoms I’ve been wearing. I think there may have been a little extra room in the mesh bottoms (insert small penis joke here) but there was not 4 extra inches of room.

I fear these bottoms are not going to work for me. If they are pulling down even more than they were on Sunday, they are definitely a no go, no matter how soft the material.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Maybe I should put this in the name dropper thread, but Tommy John was founded by my high school classmate and her husband. Maybe I could approach her about advising the church on garment design?!
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I haven’t seen anyone mention if the the new g’s are tagless?
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                                I haven’t seen anyone mention if the the new g’s are tagless?
                                Tagless indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X