No announcement yet.

LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread is the closest we'll ever get to a Mormon Penthouse Forum.

*Not that I'm using the information in that way.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What ever happened to the one piece? Do they still make them? The bishop does ask you if you wear the authorized garment day and night. And every tr interview I gone too was told about wearing it.

Not to not wear it when you work in the yard lounge or other times. When you can wear it. Wear it. Was even told to put on sweats when you jog.

The garment can help you keep the law of chastity as you have to break a lesser temple covenant to break a bigger one. But I don't think people that violate the 7th commandment care.

If you don't wear them like you should can't go to the temple. May be urban legend but heard of someone in testimomy meeting mentioning kid conceived through the Holy Garment. You don't talk about that in church.

I think when you can wear them wear them. I have no problem with them. Second nature now. What I hate is when people walk around there house in nothing but there G's. They are to be covered I think.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
        The garment can help you keep the law of chastity as you have to break a lesser temple covenant to break a bigger one. But I don't think people that violate the 7th commandment care.
        I thought there were only 2 great commandments?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
          May be urban legend but heard of someone in testimomy meeting mentioning kid conceived through the Holy Garment. You don't talk about that in church.
          Bravo.
          "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

People who state that you should jog with garments aren't being respectful of the family jewels. In fact exercising with G's can end up being a horrible experience as they really aren't designed for it.

For the record I hate G's. I wear them but that doesn't mean I have to like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              People who state that you should jog with garments aren't being respectful of the family jewels. In fact exercising with G's can end up being a horrible experience as they really aren't designed for it.

For the record I hate G's. I wear them but that doesn't mean I have to like them.
              agreed, our Stake Pres tried saying that in a ward leadership meeting once, when it is painfully obvious that he has never tried exercising with g's before.
              "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

I absolutely can not sleep with the tops on. I have enough trouble sleeping as it is. So that is the only time I don't wear them.

I am sure I could get a note from my Dr. saying I can't wear the tops at night. I don't feel like doing that or discussing it with the Bishop. I feel like I answer the question honestly because I know I could get that note.

I don't feel a bit of guilt, should I.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I absolutely can not sleep with the tops on. I have enough trouble sleeping as it is. So that is the only time I don't wear them.

I am sure I could get a note from my Dr. saying I can't wear the tops at night. I don't feel like doing that or discussing it with the Bishop. I feel like I answer the question honestly because I know I could get that note.

"In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I like my kamakis. I think Gidget looks cute in hers.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post

Comment

I would love to provide some. However, I worry how it might affect the happily married women on the board.

Comment

wtf?
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Well done, DU. I haven't laughed that hard at a CUF post in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post

This was the toughest part for me as well. I had just slept with a shirt off for so many years that it was tough to get used to. I do better these days, though in the summer when it warms up it's always tough.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                                Oh Mrs. Funk, I want out of this club too. So bad. I have so many issues with garments, it is difficult to even begin. I will try.

1. The outline of Women's garments show through many shirts. It looks silly. Maybe in Utah where everyone wears them you don't think about it. But outside of zion, it's weird.

Also, since breastfeeding, I stopped wearing the bra over the top. So white shirts are totally out. Either you can see that I am wearing a bra over an undershirt (which is weird) or I wear the bra underneath the markings show through.

2. Like you said, garments prevent me from wearing even modest styles. For example, I have tried on several modest dresses (with sleeves and a skirt passed my knees) that I cannot wear because the arm holes were cut too large and when I lift up my arms you can see garments.

3. May through October in Mississippi--another layer of clothes is the last thing I need.

4. Don't even get me started on "that time of the month." It is impossible to keep a pantyliner in place while wearing garments.

5. They do not fit right and the sizes and quality are inconsistent. I always buy the same size but it's a crapshoot. One thing I can always count on--the waist will be way too high.

Serious question: Who would you write to complain? I wonder if enough women complained changes would be made to their design.
                                My wife has a good friend that got so fed up with the length between the crotch and waistline that she wrote the first presidency a letter. She couldn't bring herself to use the word "crotch," so she substituted the phrase "perineal area." HA! Anyway, to my best knowledge, I convinced her to amend the letter to not talk specifically about the crotch. This was years ago. In retrospect, my wife and I should have signed our names to her letter and fired it off as is.

Comment

Working...
                                X