LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I didn't realize they made clothes for dudes...
    well maybe if you stopped being a turkey for five minutes and did a google search you would realize that
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      well maybe if you stopped being a turkey for five minutes and did a google search you would realize that
      Have you ever done a google search to determine if Dress Barn sells mens' clothing?
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Just learned that a high school friend and her husband founded and own Tommy Johns undershirts. So, If gentile underthreads are your thing, give them a shot.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• http://thisweekinmormons.com/2018/03...ents-per-year/

New garments only last a year and don’t even think about trying to keep them hygienic by washing them in hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
            http://thisweekinmormons.com/2018/03...ents-per-year/

New garments only last a year and don’t even think about trying to keep them hygienic by washing them in hot!

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you skipped over the most important part in that link. The symbols are no longer going to be sewn into the garments, but instead silk screened to the inside!

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

There’s huge upside to this, namely that if one truly did replace an entire set of garments each year, the garments would remain white and not turn that grey color many of us know all too well. It can also encourage us to think more actively about our garments and the care of them, not letting us hold onto fabric that is well past its expiration date in terms of durability and, erm, lack of holes.
              Hmmm. I thought they were supposed to be holy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Ha, no one is going to replace them after one year, even if the markings fall off. Just iron new ones on or is a white permanent marker and just draw them on. Let’s not make this more difficult than it has to be.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Whoa, whoa, whoa, you skipped over the most important part in that link. The symbols are no longer going to be sewn into the garments, but instead silk screened to the inside!

Exactly! I have been waiting for this for a long time. I pulled over to the side of the road and wept.

Comment

• MBA-minded corporate culture has further wormed its way into the Lord's Kingdom through sartorial planned obsolescence.

When mine wear out, since the silk-screening is just a mimesis of a connotative modality contained in the former stitching, and since the Brethren have now declared that one mimesis is acceptable, I'll just take a Sharpie and draw them back on. Deus ex MAC-hina.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• When they wear off, I'll reapply mine each morning with white-out. I'll make it a part of my morning ritual.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        When they wear off, I'll reapply mine each morning with white-out. I'll make it a part of my morning ritual.
                        That's the Spirit!
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

New garments only last a year...

That sounds like a challenge!

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            MBA-minded corporate culture has further wormed its way into the Lord's Kingdom through sartorial planned obsolescence.

When mine wear out, since the silk-screening is just a mimesis of a connotative modality contained in the former stitching, and since the Brethren have now declared that one mimesis is acceptable, I'll just take a Sharpie and draw them back on. Deus ex MAC-hina.
                            Am I the only one who had to look up the definition of mimesis?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I was hoping someone would define it for me, so I wouldn't have to

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                When they wear off, I'll reapply mine each morning with white-out. I'll make it a part of my morning ritual.
                                In another dimension such tribal enthusiasm has ventured into tattoo's of the markings into the plebes ready skin.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X