The PRIDE of UFC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Not only should it get its own thread, it should get its own forum. We could call it the Blood Sport forum, and it could have other threads about things like dog fighting, cock fighting and bear baiting. Do I have a second?
    Senator John McCain hacked Non Seq's account!
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

UFC 114, this is a great card.

Rampage vs Rashad in the main event.

Forrest had to pull out against little Nog but they threw in Jason Brilz who is solid and an up and comer.

Dan Miller vs Bisping is very intriguing.

Diego steps back in to the octagon against John Hathaway.

Good card top to bottom, even the free prelims on Spike look good with Amir Sadollah against Dong Kim.
      *Banned*

Comment

Rampage sounds focused:

“I want to go get Rashad. Nice warm-up fight, kick his ass. Fight Shogun, redeem myself for my sleep, for my mind. Then go and beat the hell out of Forrest, retire him,” Jackson told us yesterday as he pondered what would be a perfect run for him.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Rampage sounds focused:
          A focused Rampage could be scary.
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

The Rampage fight should be great. I don't expect that Rashad can beat Rampage, but it is MMA. A Rampage/Shogun rematch would be fantastic considering their fight in PRIDE.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
              The Rampage fight should be great. I don't expect that Rashad can beat Rampage, but it is MMA. A Rampage/Shogun rematch would be fantastic considering their fight in PRIDE.
              I am so excited for this fight. I don't think Rashad can beat Rampage but I sure as hell want to see it happen.

Does anyone know somewhere in St. George that will be showing these fights? My wife and I will be in St. George with some friends that weekend. I just might need to head to Mesquite that night to see them.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                I am so excited for this fight. I don't think Rashad can beat Rampage but I sure as hell want to see it happen.

Does anyone know somewhere in St. George that will be showing these fights? My wife and I will be in St. George with some friends that weekend. I just might need to head to Mesquite that night to see them.
                Good luck. Iggys will not show them and neither will the Players sports grill or whatever its called by the museum.

Mesquite might be your best bet.
                *Banned*

Comment

I might be down there that weekend with access to PPV. If I go ill be getting them if you want to meet a stranger over UFC you'd be welcome.

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Good luck. Iggys will not show them and neither will the Players sports grill or whatever its called by the museum.

Mesquite might be your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post

It seems like FOREVER since either of these guys have fought. In Rampage's case that is not just perception. 14 months. He is going to have some rust to shake off.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                      I might be down there that weekend with access to PPV. If I go ill be getting them if you want to meet a stranger over UFC you'd be welcome.
                      I am game fus. Junkie has vouched for you so I think it would be fun.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Marcus Davis vs Nate Diaz announced for UFC 118 in Boston.

Also on the card:

Randy Couture vs James "Lights Out" Toney
                        Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn (rematch for the title)
                        Gray Maynard vs Kenny Florian
                        Rousimar Palhares vs Nate Marquardt
                        Jorge Rivera vs Alessio Sakara

Shaping up to be a really good card.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Do not miss UFC Primetime tonight with Rampage and Rashad. It is going to be epic.
                          *Banned*

Comment

I like that the UFC is trying to do. 24/7 style show. 24/7 is way better but last nights show was entertaining. I hope Rampage knocks out Rashad in the first round.

Comment

5 fights that fans should want to see for Shogun (according to this guy at Si.com)

Rampage/Rashad Winner - He thinks Rashad wins

Anderson Silva

Jon "Bones" Jones

Forrest Griffin

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ure/index.html
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                                5 fights that fans should want to see for Shogun (according to this guy at Si.com)

Rampage/Rashad Winner - He thinks Rashad wins

Anderson Silva

Jon "Bones" Jones

Forrest Griffin

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ure/index.html
                                Dana White said Jon Jones is a few years away from a title shot.

King Mo Lawal and Rampage hate each other I would love to see that fight as well as Shogun against either one of them.
                                *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                                X