No announcement yet.

90,000 mile tune-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you in the SL area, go to John Kruger Automotive for your servicing. Replacing the timing belt on my Camry was only $585.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
      Those of you in the SL area, go to John Kruger Automotive for your servicing. Replacing the timing belt on my Camry was only $585.
      Is that cheap for a Camry? It was $450 at Tunex for my Civic.
      "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Don't get suckered into one of those transmission power flushes, I've experienced my own horror story and have heard of many similar stories as mine. Just have someone drop the pan, and then fill up the case with new fluid. Since this doesn't get all of the old fluid out, do it again with the next oil change. Also check the radiator fluid like others have suggested. At about 45k miles I had the transmission fluid drained and refilled, I plan on doing it again at around 65k. It could be a little bit of overkill, but the cost of a new transmission far outweighs the relatively cheap transmission drain and fills.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
          Is that cheap for a Camry? It was $450 at Tunex for my Civic.
          Sorry what I meant was the 90K servicing with timing belt, for $550 plus taxes and fees, $585 total.

Comment

Had to replace the water pump on my daughter's car today ('01 Saturn L300). Since I was in there, I also changed the timing belt. Whew! That was nerve racking. I've never done that before, but it drives like a champ. I also changed out the drive belt--never seen one in as bad of shape as this one was. Probably because you have to take the engine mount off to get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Had to replace the water pump on my daughter's car today ('01 Saturn L300). Since I was in there, I also changed the timing belt. Whew! That was nerve racking. I've never done that before, but it drives like a champ. I also changed out the drive belt--never seen one in as bad of shape as this one was. Probably because you have to take the engine mount off to get to it.
              Did all that yourself?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Yes. I graduated from the University of Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  Yes. I graduated from the University of Youtube.
                  Impressive.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                  X