Don't mess with Apple!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    I still use my ipad (the amateur version) on a daily basis. I read on it or watch tv. I take it to church and show videos to my class. I don't do much more than those things, though.
    Pretty much all I use it for. And that is pretty infrequent.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The Kindle Fire HD8 serves my purposes just fine (of which includes showing videos at church to my class) and it was 50 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Pretty much all I use it for. And that is pretty infrequent.
        You can do that even better on a laptop!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          How is it better?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

How is it better?
            Bigger screen. Better speakers.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Bigger screen. Better speakers.
              Now you sound like Ted. These are 9 year olds I'm dealing with. I don't need to spend more money so they can see and hear marginally better.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Now you sound like Ted. These are 9 year olds I'm dealing with. I don't need to spend more money so they can see and hear marginally better.
                You don’t already have a laptop?

Comment

Now you sound like Ted.
                  Not exactly. Ted would have you buy multiples of all iProducts.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

You don’t already have a laptop?
                    No. Well, as of a month ago, my firm provided me with one. But I never had a need for one before that.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      Not exactly. Ted would have you buy multiples of all iProducts.
                      Yeah, you can never have too many iDevices.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You can do it faster on the new iPad Pro... and still have some battery life left for a movie or two:

New iPad Pro Benchmarked: This Blows Away Windows PCs

When Apple introduced the new iPad Pro, the company boasted that its slim slate is more powerful than 92 percent of PCs out there. Now that we've benchmarked the 12.9-inch iPad Pro for our review over at Laptop Mag, it looks like that claim could very well be legit.

The 7-nanometer A12X Bionic chip processor inside the iPad Pro packs four performance cores and four high-efficiency cores, and there's a new GPU that promises twice the graphics performance as the A10X processor inside the last iPad Pro.
                        And the benchmark results are quite impressive.

[LOL @ Samsung Galaxy Book 2]

[LOL @ Laptops with Intel CPUs that eats all your batteries before lunch.]
                        https://www.tomsguide.com/us/new-ipa...ews-28453.html
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah what are you thinking JL, editing photos and rendering 4K video in front of your class on a laptop?

Comment

Comment

Apple trolled Google with a massive billboard at the world's biggest tech show, which it's not even attending

[...]
                              This is Apple flipping the bird at its Android rivals, since the ad plays on fears that the Google-operated mobile system leaks people's data, be that to governments or hackers.

Apple, on the other hand, has sold itself as the phone maker that respects its customers' privacy. Apple, for example, made a point of fighting the FBI when the agency asked the company to unlock an iPhone used by a gunman in the 2015 San Bernardino, California, shooting.

https://www.businessinsider.com/appl...message-2019-1

Google
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Interesting read. I think I found my next new root password.

The Prototype iPhones That Hackers Use to Research Apple’s Most Sensitive Code

Very few people have heard of them, but "dev-fused" iPhones sold on the grey market are one of the most important tools for the best iOS hackers in the world.

[...]

To be more technical, and unlike the iPhones you can buy at the Apple store, called “prod” or “production fused,” these devices allow their owners to boot into Switchboard. This software allows researchers to hack and reverse engineer different components of iOS. These would be usually off limits without hard-to-get vulnerabilities and a jailbreak, which is worth millions of dollars in today’s zero-day market.

“Prod fused means there’s a specific pin on the board that is ‘blown’ in the production phase. The board checks that pin to see if the device is prod or not,” a former Apple employee who wanted to remain anonymous because he is bound by a non-disclosure agreement, told Motherboard. “If it isn’t, and the firmware is dev version, then certain features are enabled.”

[...]

You can’t do too much with the phone on its own. But once you connect it to a Mac with a proprietary Apple USB cable called “Kanzi,” which can cost around $2,000 on the gray market, you are able to use other internal Apple software (that is widely shared in the jailbreaking community) to get root access on the phone and burrow deep into its software and firmware. The special cable is required because Apple uses a proprietary protocol for accessing certain data within the iPhone to debug the kernel and other hard-to-reach components.

Two people showed Motherboard how to get root access on the phone we used; it was a trivial process that required using the login: “root” and a default password: “alpine.”
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X