Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    W. T. F.!

W.T.F.! is right. Ziggy Stardust?!?! And it looks like, by the associated videos, a young Jennifer Connelly. I might just have to watch this now.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      I've seen this list on FB several times in the last few days. How many of these films have you seen? I've seen 73.25 - I've never heard of Labyrinth before, and I've seen bits and pieces of the Ninja Turtle movie on cable over the years, but have never watched it for more than 5 minutes in a row.
      What list? Your link refers back to your post.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        What list? Your link refers back to your post.
        Weird. CS is doing strange stuff for me today. I can't edit anything, and several posts seem to be missing whole paragraphs, when I look at them.

Here is the link: http://www.listchallenges.com/75-of-...1995?ref=share

Comment

How have you seen 73.25? I've got 64, but I thought this was a list of 80s movies. There's a bunch of 90s in there.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Oh .25 is for Ninja Turtles?

Comment

The weekly 80s movie thread...didn't see this coming!

Can't pick one. Really like: Blade Runner, Terminator, Raging Bull, Amadeus, The Shining, Back to the Future, Raising Arizona, Blood Simple, Fast Times, Scarface, Spinal Tap, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Big Trouble in Little China, Ferris, Better Off Dead, The Goonies, Beetlejuice, A Christmas Story, Spaceballs, Pink Floyd: The Wall, Batman, The Naked Gun, etc.

And there's probably a whole bunch more I'm forgetting.

EDIT: On sheer number of views, Big Trouble in Little China, The Last Dragon, and Troop Beverly Hills would definitely lead the pack
              Seriously?

MV5BMTQ5NDEwMTI0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI2NjIzNA@@._V1._SX640_SY632_.jpg
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Some I haven't seen (though may have missed):

Glory
                Crocodile Dundee
                Tootsie

Others that we watched a bunch that I think have already been mentioned:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
                Goonies
                Back to the Future (I and II)
                Star Wars (V and VI)
                Raiders of the Lost Ark
                Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
                Top Gun
                Ghostbusters
                Batman
                Princess Bride
                Footloose
                Spaceballs
                The Natural
                Big
                Bill & Ted
                Better Off Dead
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  Seriously?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3497[/ATTACH]
                  Watched it like just a month ago. When it's the favorite movie of both your sisters growing up and now your wife, you tend to see it a few times.

Comment

Watched it like just a month ago. When it's the favorite movie of both your sisters growing up and now your wife, you tend to see it a few times.
                    It's been a staple in our house for the last month or so, too. My wife loves it and our daughter just started girl scouts.
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

You married one of your sisters? :yikes:
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        You married one of your sisters? :yikes:
                        Don't judge.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                          Don't judge.
                          Exactly, because he did as well. I know he pays attention to the lessons at church.

Comment

IMO, no list of 1980s movies is compete without mentioning Risky Business. Watching A Christmas Story every holiday season is a family tradition.
                            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                              IMO, no list of 1980s movies is compete without mentioning Risky Business. Watching A Christmas Story every holiday season is a family tradition.
                              Thanks TNT/TBS!

Comment

Here is a better list, of the 50 most popular films released in the 80s from IMDB. I've seen 49/50, freaking David Bowie thwarts me AGAIN

http://www.imdb.com/search/title/?re...e_type=feature

Edit: It shows the next 50 on page 2. Of the top 100, I've seen 97. I've never seen Labryinth, My Neighbor Totoro, or Brazil
                                Last edited by Art Vandelay; 12-03-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X