Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: coleslaw

  1. #31

    Default

    Me: My friend clack uses Italian Dressing in his coleslaw.
    Mrs Diddley: What kind of name is clack?
    Me: It's his first name. His last is coug.
    Me: His middle name is amas.
    MD: Oh, one of your CougarBook friends.
    Me: He says to stir with hate, and serve with spite.
    MD:

  2. #32
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    13,094

    Default

    The last time I made coleslaw was as an employee at KFC. I don't recommend ordering the coleslaw at KFC.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  3. #33
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Me: My friend clack uses Italian Dressing in his coleslaw.
    Mrs Diddley: What kind of name is clack?
    Me: It's his first name. His last is coug.
    Me: His middle name is amas.
    MD: Oh, one of your CougarBook friends.
    Me: He says to stir with hate, and serve with spite.
    MD:
    Cougarbook is actually a pretty good name. Did you explain our Kevin Bacon connection IRL?

    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Me: My friend clack uses Italian Dressing in his coleslaw.
    Mrs Diddley: What kind of name is clack?
    Me: It's his first name. His last is coug.
    Me: His middle name is amas.
    MD: Oh, one of your CougarBook friends.
    Me: He says to stir with hate, and serve with spite.
    MD:
    that's funny.

    my wife is just mean and hateful. she would say oh one of your cougarbook boyfriends. you guys aren't my boyfriends! i'm not bi, dammit!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Cougarbook is actually a pretty good name. Did you explain our Kevin Bacon connection IRL?
    Sure did.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    that's funny.

    my wife is just mean and hateful. she would say oh one of your cougarbook boyfriends. you guys aren't my boyfriends! i'm not bi, dammit!
    my wife does that with my golf friends all the time. "You going on a date with your boyfriends on Friday?" My reply is "Yep! See you later!"
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  7. #37

    Default

    Speaking of slaw, I strongly favor vinaigrette over creamy and adding a bit of apple is a good call.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Speaking of slaw, I strongly favor vinaigrette over creamy and adding a bit of apple is a good call.

  9. #39

    Default

    Ate at Salt Lick last night. Not a fan of their coleslaw. Good thing people likely don't go there for the coleslaw.

  10. #40
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,306

    Default

    I made this last year and really liked it:

    Blue Cheese Coleslaw

    -(1) 16-oz Package Shredded Coleslaw Mix
    1/4 Finely Chopped Sweet Onion
    1/2 C. Apple Cider Vinegar
    3 T. Sugar
    1 t. Salt
    1/2 C. Mayo
    1/2 C. Sour Cream
    1/2 C. Blue Cheese, plus a little extra for garnish

    In a large bowl add coleslaw and onion, toss together.

    In a small saucepan, mix vinegar, sugar and salt. Slowly bring mixture to simmer. Remove when sugar is dissolved.

    Place warm vinegar mixture over coleslaw and toss. Let it sit for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes.

    Put coleslaw in a colander and allow to drain for 10 minutes.

    Put drained coleslaw in a large bowl. Add mayo, sour cream, blue cheese, and salt and pepper.

    Stir and mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.

    Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with extra blue cheese before serving.

    got it from CB (https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=20233100)

  11. #41

    Default

    Now that sounds interesting. I'm gonna have to try that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •