Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man the lifeboats, it looks like the SS Utah Basketball has hit an iceberg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    Mike Hall? It's too bad the JC feeder schools are all disappearing. UVU, Dixie, and Ricks are all gone.
    I missed Hall. Lyday and Hall are the two who came in and contributed right away. Luis Lemes did after a year and I guess Woodbury started as a JR but "contributed" might be a stretch.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      I think BYU's best defensive team will be with Collinsworth at the 4 and Winder at the 2.
      There will be better defenders at the 4, so I don't see this.

Comment

• BYU was on TV so rarely during the Keena Young years I never got much of an appreciation of how good he was.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
          I'll give it a rest after this, but it seems like you are really confusing Kyle with his brother Chris (around the basket for trash?) even though I'm almost certain you are not. But Kyle's best offensive skill are not putbacks and trash. Seriously, people. This kid is a distributor who runs the offense. He'll replace Carlino in that primary position, moving Carlino to the 2 offensively if Rose knows what's best.
          I don't get the PG interest. Rose would not rest Jimmer for a minute Jimmer's SR year to put KyleC at the point. I am not confusing him for his brother I am recalling his offensive contributions the year he played at BYU and not Provo High.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

There will be better defenders at the 4, so I don't see this.
            Who?

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              BYU was on TV so rarely during the Keena Young years I never got much of an appreciation of how good he was.
              It was really fun how much he improved each year. Travis Hansen was another that improved each year and of course Jimmer also seemed to make big steps each and every year as well.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I don't get the PG interest. Rose would not rest Jimmer for a minute Jimmer's SR year to put KyleC at the point. I am not confusing him for his brother I am recalling his offensive contributions the year he played at BYU and not Provo High.
                Correct, as to Jommer. Jimmer is not walking through that door! KC is a better passer than Jimmer. He was the only guy on the team who could make a decent entry pass to the post (Emery was probably the worst.), OK, so you are not confusing him, but you are mis-remembering him.

Sorry, I said I was done.

Comment

Who?
                  Maybe any one of the actual post players

Comment

I'll give it a rest after this, but it seems like you are really confusing Kyle with his brother Chris (around the basket for trash?) even though I'm almost certain you are not. But Kyle's best offensive skill are not putbacks and trash. Seriously, people. This kid is a distributor who runs the offense. He'll replace Carlino in that primary position, moving Carlino to the 2 offensively if Rose knows what's best.
                    He scored 5.8 ppg. He wasn't doing much of anything on offense other than scoring on fast breaks and put backs. Do you remember KC with the ball in his hands on offense, scoring or setting up his teammates? I don't. Maybe he has that potential, but I wouldn't expect it right away.

Comment

Maybe any one of the actual post players
                      Who is a post player returning next year? Harward? Austin and Sharp are both tall perimeter players. Mika is a true post player but he will be a center.

But I think tall perimeter players are what Rose would prefer at the 4. I think Austin has the skillset to be a good 4 for BYU but for some reason he seems to not be any better today than he was this time a year ago. I think Sharp is just limited against physical teams because of his slight build. My memory was Collinsworth was much stronger and thicker.

Further, if BYU is going to continue to play more zone defenses they need more athleticism from the bottom 3 defenders. Collinsworth is more able to go get a rebound than Austin and Sharp. I also think BYU will need another legit scorer on the court other than Haws and Carlino. I don't think it will be Mika, Austin or Sharp but I think Collinsworth will be more important to have on the court than Austin or Sharp. So I am hoping the legit scorer will come from JC and take a perimeter starting position and Collinsworth will move to the 4.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        He scored 5.8 ppg. He wasn't doing much of anything on offense other than scoring on fast breaks and put backs. Do you remember KC with the ball in his hands on offense, scoring or setting up his teammates? I don't. Maybe he has that potential, but I wouldn't expect it right away.
                        Yes, I do, as I said, he was about the only guy on the team that could throw a decent entry pass and he was a substantially better ball handler and passer than Emery. He was playing with upper classmen and rightfully deferred, (he was and still is raw, I'm sure). Jimmer and Jackson shot a lot more than anyone. Of course Jimmer dominated the ball, I'm not saying Collinsworth played PG that year. But he's not a post. He's not as tall as his brother.

Graduating from Provo High School, Kyle had offers from Kansas, Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Utah, Marquette, Virginia, Stanford and USC to play for their basketball program.
                        None of them were recruiting him as a post player.
                        Last edited by Jacob; 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          This is exactly what I'd prefer. I think KC would be a better defender at the 3 as well. His length and quickness can help extend to the corner in the zone to close out and Haws can stay up top to try and score on run outs off the break.
                          I have always seen him as a 3 (or a situational 4) in Roses system. Point forward!
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• You people have no vision!

I will no longer continue this thread jack.

I apologize to all Utes. This thread is supposed to be about how bad the Utes are. My bad.

Comment

Yes, I do, as I said, he was about the only guy on the team that could throw a decent entry pass and he was a substantially better ball handler and passer than Emery. He was playing with upper classmen and rightfully deferred, (he was and still is raw, I'm sure). Jimmer and Jackson shot a lot more than anyone. Of course Jimmer dominated the ball, I'm not saying Collinsworth played PG that year. But he's not a post. He's not as tall as his brother.

None of them were recruiting him as a post player.
                              I don't think post entries will be a huge issue next year unless Mika has a head that is at least 8 inches from peak to chin.

I think either Winder or Delgado are better perimeter shooters and both are decent on the ball defenders. I don't think either can penetrate as well as Kyle and neither are as good of athletes either. I think given the fact that BYU's post game, without very large improvements from Austin or Sharp, is likely to rely upon a freshman BYU is going to need all 3 perimeter players to be better shooters than Kyle. But I still think Kyle needs to be on the court.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• I have to give Jacob some kudos. We argued over whether KC would ever play point at BYU. I said no way, no how, never, HELL no would Rose ever do that. KC clearly practiced the point and did play at least a few minutes of backup point his frosh year. I actually was quite surprised, but I have to admit I was wrong on that. I still doubt he will ever play significant amount of 1 minutes his career, but I can at least acknowledge it's a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X