The Glorious Blog of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    I go to RealClearPolitics a lot and I find a lot there from both sides. There are a lot of pro-Trump articles on there. But 99% of them are clearly written to preach to the choir and are sloppy with the facts because they can be. They're written like that because they obviously don't expect the reader to come from the other point of view. Occasionally you might find one that is written at a higher level and maybe appeared as an op-ed in a respectable source like the Wall Street Journal, or something. But invariably even those usually have a glaring omission of fact that would tank the entire argument if it were included. There are sloppy anti-Trump pieces on there as well, but in general they make much stronger points.

You would agree Trump is a total buffoon. You can just read his twitter feed sans any commentary to see that. The job of those writing the anti-stuff is far easier.
    I don't like his persona nor his speech pattern. I don't like his moral compass but buffoon implies he has no idea what he's doing, which he may or may not. He's just a narcissist who doesn't give a fuck what others think. In terms of the norm for politics, he defies those norms in a negative way and is easy to criticize. The fact is he figured out how to get elected to the highest office in the land. Either we are all total buffoons or all the smart people didn't know what they were doing.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      LOL... I love how Rodman plugs PotCoin a few times during an interview with Cuomo:

What's up with Dennis wearing the MAGA hat? Is he a Russian?
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        What's up with Dennis wearing the MAGA hat? Is he a Russian?
        I don't get it.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Elect an unserious president, be prepared to get unserious diplomacy:

Destiny Pictures. Sylvester Stallone. Cute.

And here's the president dunking on all the haters. The choral voices are a nice touch.

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Is ANYONE disputing this?! President Trump might be about to end the Korean War after 70 years, but it's MUCH more important for US pundits and journalists to virtue-signal about "negotiating with dictators." JFC.
            lol he gave up actual, material military exercises with the key u.s. ally in the region for...?
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Elect an unserious president, be prepared to get unserious diplomacy:

Destiny Pictures. Sylvester Stallone. Cute.

And here's the president dunking on all the haters. The choral voices are a nice touch.

That Trump-made video is pretty slick, reminiscent of the days when Trump would promote himself on the phone to various reporters, claiming to be John Barron or one of his other aliases, and telling the listener how great he was/is. The video's final line, uttered with gravitas ("The future... remains to be written"), reminded me of a senior partner at my first firm who, when reading a memo or brief that included a trite or hackneyed phrase, would read it aloud and then, setting the paper down, would utter with great seriousness, "My friend, the future...lies ahead!"

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                That Trump-made video is pretty slick, reminiscent of the days when Trump would promote himself on the phone to various reporters, claiming to be John Barron or one of his other aliases, and telling the listener how great he was/is. The video's final line, uttered with gravitas ("The future... remains to be written"), reminded me of a senior partner at my first firm who, when reading a memo or brief that included a trite or hackneyed phrase, would read it aloud and then, setting the paper down, would utter with great seriousness, "My friend, the future...lies ahead!"
                Imagine the Tens of Thousands of Dollars invested here in analyzing Drumpf. Lost productivity all around.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• MnJH8luPlMaebx_k-exe46JW5QuEgVJk-12JGtAde94.jpg
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I genuinely hope the DPRK denuclearizes, but I don't understand why a few of the news outlets I've listened to today (including fake news CNN, etc.) and some within the Trump administration have said that Un has "promised to denuclearize" the Korean peninsula. He hasn't. The joint statement provides that "the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula." That's something very different.

I commit to work toward winning the gold medal in the men's 10,000 meter race at the 2020 Olympics in London. But I'm not promising anything...

Comment

[ATTACH]8828[/ATTACH]
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I genuinely hope the DPRK denuclearizes, but I don't understand why a few of the news outlets I've listened to today (including fake news CNN, etc.) and some within the Trump administration have said that Un has "promised to denuclearize" the Korean peninsula. He hasn't. The joint statement provides that "the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula." That's something very different.

I commit to work toward winning the gold medal in the men's 10,000 meter race at the 2020 Olympics in London. But I'm not promising anything...
                        I don't know how credible a threat N. Korea ever really was to the United States, to be honest. To S. Korea? Absolutely. But Trump doesn't really acknowledge the concept of allies. I don't think he cares that much about S. Korea's security or of our joint economic interests, or in checking Chinese influence in that part of the world or anywhere else. This seems to me to be a lot about Trump finding a reason for pulling troops out and isolating the US and leaving that part of the world for China to try to control. It's not that relevant to him how fast N. Korea truly denuclearizes, if ever. He got the reality TV show he wanted out of this. Next up he figures out how to pull the military out of Japan as well. Maybe this is what we want, I don't know. I hate his style though. What he REALLY doesn't understand in the least is trade or global economics, which is going to damage our economy as long as he continues to try to throw a sledgehammer at every existing trade agreement, and as he throws out more and more tariffs.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 06-12-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I genuinely hope the DPRK denuclearizes, but I don't understand why a few of the news outlets I've listened to today (including fake news CNN, etc.) and some within the Trump administration have said that Un has "promised to denuclearize" the Korean peninsula. He hasn't. The joint statement provides that "the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula." That's something very different.

You've really got your work cut out for you, since the 2020 games will be in Tokyo.
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

[ATTACH]8828[/ATTACH]
                            I love how in this photo it looks like Hillary just popped up in front and is photobombing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                              You've really got your work cut out for you, since the 2020 games will be in Tokyo.
                              Let's refer him to some East German doctors, who have the magic juice for everyone. He can stop over in Beijing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                Ha, another dream dashed... My mental lapse is especially troubling in that just two weeks ago I was in Tokyo learning about what a pain in the butt the Olympics are proving to be for certain residents there.

Comment

Working...
                                X