No announcement yet.

The Glorious Blog of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the have expanded to other social media.

http://skunkpost.com/news.sp?newsId=3027

Comment

Depressing read from an American who has had a couple of visits to the NoKo.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...t_in_pyongyang

Comment

Whoa! Under the Reunification tab, it says that any South Koreans that try to visit the north by crossing the big concrete wall will be killed by American soldiers.

South Koreans that talk or read about the north will be punished with jail or even the death penalty.

I see that in the Shop you can buy an autographed photo of Kim Il Jong or whatever his name is. That'd make a nice Christmas gift for my Bishop, don't you think?
        Last edited by The Fourth Nephite; 08-23-2010, 12:58 AM.
        "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

Dandong, China, the weird city where you can see North Korea. Good read on Slate.

Perhaps what is most striking is how little Korean you hear spoken in Dandong. Go to Tijuana or San Diego, and you'll find a mélange of Spanish and Anglo culture. In Strasbourg, you encounter both French and German. But here in Dandong, less than a mile from North Korea, the absence of Korean is marked.

Borders are artificial things, yet they have profound consequences. Here, within sight of North Korea, there is no sign of Korean people—aside from the ethnic Koreans who are culturally Chinese. Korean restaurants are filled with Chinese diners, and when I speak Korean to the proprietors, they mumble a bit before switching to Chinese. Stores that sell explicitly Korean items, like hanbok—traditional Korean wedding attire—are run by Chinese people, and the customers are Chinese as well.

This cuts both ways. I spoke with dozens of Dandong locals—restaurateurs, shopkeepers, taxi drivers, college students, all of whom were born here. They've lived their whole lives within a mile or two of North Korea, close enough to see people walking on the other side of the river. Yet not one of them has ever crossed the Yalu. The old cliché, "so close, yet so far," seems apt here.

Comment

Is there anything this guy can't do?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...f109f43804.bc1

The event will be held on a golf course where Kim supposedly recorded 11 hole-in-ones for a 18-hole score of 38, according to Dandong CTS.
            Simply amazing!

Comment

This guy wasn't interesting at all until he got some pointers from Kim Jong 'Illin

Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                Is there anything this guy can't do?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...f109f43804.bc1

Simply amazing!
                Our President could kick his commie pinko meglamaniacal butt. And so could his daughter.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

That is a sweet looking dirt field course. Must be designed by Fazio or Nicklaus.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    For real Barack Asics? I thought you were a ball player? Were they sold out of British Knights?

I was not going to vote in the next election, I may be forced to vote republican now.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Just received my invitation to go to the next International meeting of the KFA (Korean Friendship Association) in London on Nov. 19, 2012!!!

The meeting is in conjunction with the London Olympics!!! (Not officially sanctioned by the Intl Olympic Committee, tho). Lookit the fun lineup!!!!:

9:00am: Official Delegate Meeting!!!
                      11:00am: Open to the Public Meeting!!!! The topic will be the 100th anniversary of the Great and Glorious Leader Kim Il-Sung. (not sure if we're talking the 100th anniversary of his birth, his death, or his ascension to the presidency; I would ask but I dont want to reveal my bourgeoisie ignorance)

6:30pm: "In-restaurant" meal!!!! Whoo-hoo, no catering!

Sunday, November 20 is reserved for sightseeing:
                      Tour A: Tomb of Karl Marx!!!!
                      Tour B: International Brigades Memorial!!!
                      We get to see both!!! Not just one or the other, but both!!!
                      Last edited by Katy Lied; 08-01-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

This blog gives you an idea of how Kim Jong-Il spends his time.
                        Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                          This blog gives you an idea of how Kim Jong-Il spends his time.
                          amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Just received my invitation to go to the next International meeting of the KFA (Korean Friendship Association) in London on Nov. 19, 2012!!!

The meeting is in conjunction with the London Olympics!!! (Not officially sanctioned by the Intl Olympic Committee, tho). Lookit the fun lineup!!!!:

9:00am: Official Delegate Meeting!!!
                            11:00am: Open to the Public Meeting!!!! The topic will be the 100th anniversary of the Great and Glorious Leader Kim Il-Sung. (not sure if we're talking the 100th anniversary of his birth, his death, or his ascension to the presidency; I would ask but I dont want to reveal my bourgeoisie ignorance)

6:30pm: "In-restaurant" meal!!!! Whoo-hoo, no catering!

Sunday, November 20 is reserved for sightseeing:
                            Tour A: Tomb of Karl Marx!!!!
                            Tour B: International Brigades Memorial!!!
                            We get to see both!!! Not just one or the other, but both!!!
                            Jealousy is unbecoming, so I'll just say that I'm envious that you're on his mailing list.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              For real Barack Asics? I thought you were a ball player? Were they sold out of British Knights?

I was not going to vote in the next election, I may be forced to vote republican now.
                              He usually wears K-Swiss.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

leave him alone! he has contractual obligations.
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                                X