Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Glorious Blog of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Crap. Ted was planning a big celebration for that.
    I guess I'll save the bag of fireworks I found for some other time...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Such a weird letter. It's as if someone else provided Dopey with a draft and then he just added lines like "based on the tremendous anger and open hostility" and "You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God that they will never have to be used." Odd reference to a "long-planned" meeting; hasn't this only been a thing for maybe two months? And what is up with that last paragraph? You called off the summit, Dopey.

Last edited by myboynoah; 05-24-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Such a weird letter. It's as if someone else provided Dopey with a draft and then he just added lines like "based on the tremendous anger and open hostility" and "You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God that they will never have to be used." Odd reference to at "long-planned" meeting; hasn't this only been a thing for maybe two months? And what is up with that last paragraph? You called off the summit, Dopey.

two months is long planned for Trump, who has real trouble thinking beyond the immediate news cycle.

I wonder where I put my bag of fireworks...

Trump Announces That North Korea Meeting Is Back On
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That Trump/Rodman Nobel is still in play!
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    That Trump/Rodman Nobel is still in play!
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/repor...210038659.html

Love it. Rodman will be the key to getting NoKo to denuke.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Great to know that the two people we've put in place to spare the world from a nuclear holocaust are Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman. Imagine submitting that script to the studios just a few years ago. They should take along Roseanne to add the feminine touch.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Great to know that the two people we've put in place to spare the world from a nuclear holocaust are Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman. Imagine submitting that script to the studios just a few years ago. They should take along Roseanne to add the feminine touch.
    Nah, they need Rosie O'Donnell for that.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

This.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Donald Trump's 'unofficial chief of staff' Sean Hannity will be in Singapore for Kim Jong Un meeting

Unofficial adviser to President Donald Trump Sean Hannity and former White House adviser Sebastian Gorka will join the president during his negotiations with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un next week. The pair will make their way to Singapore to cover the event for Fox News.

Gorka, now a Fox News contributor, announced on air Wednesday that he would be providing Fox News with live on-the-ground coverage during the summit. “I’m delighted to join Sean Hannity and his team,” he said. “We will be there reporting for Fox and Fox Business.” Hannity will host three episodes of his show live from Singapore, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Chris Wallace will also fly out to host Fox News Sunday on location.

Gorka worked as assistant deputy to President Trump for about eight months prior to his departure last August. At the time, he said he resigned because other White House officials had corrupted Trump’s message, but the White House claimed that he was terminated.

According to a New York Magazine report, Hannity speaks with the president nearly every day, and Trump sometimes calls the Fox News host to decompress before bed. Some White House aides even refer to Hannity as the "unofficial chief of staff," The Washington Post reported in April. Hannity has interviewed Trump more than 19 times.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-sean-h...meeting-963143
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Donald Trump's 'unofficial chief of staff' Sean Hannity will be in Singapore for Kim Jong Un meeting

Unofficial adviser to President Donald Trump Sean Hannity and former White House adviser Sebastian Gorka will join the president during his negotiations with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un next week. The pair will make their way to Singapore to cover the event for Fox News.

Gorka, now a Fox News contributor, announced on air Wednesday that he would be providing Fox News with live on-the-ground coverage during the summit. “I’m delighted to join Sean Hannity and his team,” he said. “We will be there reporting for Fox and Fox Business.” Hannity will host three episodes of his show live from Singapore, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Chris Wallace will also fly out to host Fox News Sunday on location.

Gorka worked as assistant deputy to President Trump for about eight months prior to his departure last August. At the time, he said he resigned because other White House officials had corrupted Trump’s message, but the White House claimed that he was terminated.

According to a New York Magazine report, Hannity speaks with the president nearly every day, and Trump sometimes calls the Fox News host to decompress before bed. Some White House aides even refer to Hannity as the "unofficial chief of staff," The Washington Post reported in April. Hannity has interviewed Trump more than 19 times.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-sean-h...meeting-963143
    IF Newsweek or the New York Mag published it, it must be true.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Giuliani, demonstrating that not even Trump was stupid enough to give him the Secretary of State slot Rudy wanted, stated today that "Kim Jong Un got back on his hands and knees and begged for it, which is exactly the position you want to put him in." Un is as thin-skinned at Trump, so that should play well.

I once respected Giuliani, but I think age has taken its toll (I suppose I could be referring to my age, not Rudy's, but it works either way).

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    lol, you're absurd. I apologize it's not Ted's twitter feed.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

So are you saying Trump doesn't talk to Hannity that much? What exactly doesn't seem believable to you?

Working in the child welfare world - I used to know a gal who would say "some of our kids in foster care are pretty weird. And some of our foster parents are pretty weird. Weird and weird match, sometimes, and it works out for the best for both of them."

I'm hoping her theory hold water in this regard, and that these two world leaders who have worked to out-weird each other will be a great match for this discussion.

Pre-Historic Man

So are you saying Trump doesn't talk to Hannity that much? What exactly doesn't seem believable to you?
    I do not know what to believe, but given the hotly partisan nature of many of these organizations, somebody speculating that T talks with anybody is nothing more than that. As you know, I do not listen or watch or read Foxnews, unless somebody forwards to me an article from Fox. I also don't regularly read MSNBC, CNN or Breitbart.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I do not know what to believe, but given the hotly partisan nature of many of these organizations, somebody speculating that T talks with anybody is nothing more than that. As you know, I do not listen or watch or read Foxnews, unless somebody forwards to me an article from Fox. I also don't regularly read MSNBC, CNN or Breitbart.
    Putting breitbart in the same category is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Putting breitbart in the same category is laughable.
    For those who purposely avoid information it's hard to know that.

But if you have a decent brain and some critical thinking skills and you read a variety of sources, it's not really THAT hard to discern where the truth probably lies. The propaganda blogs like Breitbart in most cases are writing about the same stories you see everywhere else. The thing is, you don't know that they're leaving out key details for the purpose of being manipulative and distorting, unless you read the other sources also.

To just say they're all hyper partisan and dishonest, etc., without even trying to read anything is being lazy. To only follow one source is being purposely ignorant.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-11-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Pre-Historic Man

For those who purposely avoid information it's hard to know that.

But if you have a decent brain and some critical thinking skills and you read a variety of sources, it's not really THAT hard to discern where the truth probably lies. The propaganda blogs like Breitbart in most cases are writing about the same stories you see everywhere else. The thing is, you don't know that they're leaving out key details for the purpose of being manipulative and distorting, unless you read the other sources also.

To just say they're all hyper partisan and dishonest, etc., without even trying to read anything is being lazy. To only follow one source is being purposely ignorant.
    The better and more reliable sources are Reuters, BBC, AP, Wall Street Journal, Deutsche Wella, das Handelsblatt, die Franfurter Allgemeine, le Figaro, Agence France Presse, The Times of India, and a few others by country. I also like FiveThirtyEight, and RealClearPolitics that aggregates stories from a multitude of sources.

MSNBC, Fox, NYT, WaPO and CNN are highly partisan and should be read with that in mind and then weird ones such as Breitbart should be ignored. I read China Daily to understand what the current spin out of the Chinese Communist Party is.

I haven't found a great source for news from Japan, and am still looking for a reliable source from Brazil and South America.

Here is a very rare insightful piece from Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...one-thing.html

When I recently asked a North Korean defector, who I have known for years, how he would describe dictator Kim Jong Un to President Trump as he prepares for his summit—or showdown—in Singapore, an instantaneous, one-word answer was all that was needed.

“Hitler.”

I paused, partly out of shock, but partly out of anger, as my own family was forced to leave Greece after World War II, all thanks to the countless horrors inflicted by Nazi Germany.

I wanted to ask my friend why he offered such a brief but unsettling answer—attempting to point out what that meant, the severity of such a statement and how it seemed sometimes almost overused, to the point of being nearly worthless.

But I never got the chance.

Knowing him all too well, I could tell he was growing impatient. He cut me off, something he has never done, his tone shifting all so slightly, as if I had awakened something inside of him.

He explained that “[W]e should not be fooled. The Kim family is as if Hitler had children—a three-generation Hitler dynasty—all ruling over my people for seven decades. They have killed millions of us [Koreans], starved us, broken up our families, forced millions to live in poverty or concentration camps, all the while building terrible weapons that can kill millions of people. Who else should I compare the Kim’s to?”

The phoneline then went quiet. I thought maybe we lost the connection. I thought I might have pushed too far. But after a few seconds, he would speak again. While not one to scream or even show emotion—Kim’s thugs beat that out of him thanks to torture sessions he described to me that can only be described as crimes against humanity—I could feel pain mixing with anger, even thousands of miles away, that was buried deep down, crying to come out.

While the words would come, there was a pulsing delivery attached to them, as if primitive human language could never convey the pieces the Kim regime had chipped away from his soul, or the anger that wrapped around him, like a blanket of terror, that he could never shake off.

Before asking to move on from this subject, he added one thing, predicting what North Korea will do in Singapore: “Kim will lie, agree, shake hands—do whatever he can to wash away his family’s sins. And then, just when you think he is respectable, a so-called world leader, he will cheat you again. Just like Hitler.”

And history tells us he very well could be right.

Perhaps only someone touched by the terror that is the Kim regime could provide the only actionable advice to the leader of the free world: trusting a tyrant is a fool’s errand.

And yet, President Trump will have to do just that.

---He then points out a few cases where the US dealt with other countries and leaders with horrific human rights records and something good or not terrible came from it. But the price can be extremely high, such as Chamberlain with Hitler.

"...history cries out for caution, skepticism and the constant testing of North Korea’s intentions. As is most likely the case, Kim will never keep his word, trying to draw us into years of negotiations, all the while building more nuclear weapons and better missiles. History shows us that is Pyongyang’s preferred playbook, and it works all too well to change tack now."

The better and more reliable sources are Reuters, BBC, AP, Wall Street Journal, Deutsche Wella, das Handelsblatt, die Franfurter Allgemeine, le Figaro, Agence France Presse, The Times of India, and a few others by country. I also like FiveThirtyEight, and RealClearPolitics that aggregates stories from a multitude of sources.

MSNBC, Fox, NYT, WaPO and CNN are highly partisan and should be read with that in mind and then weird ones such as Breitbart should be ignored. I read China Daily to understand what the current spin out of the Chinese Communist Party is.

I haven't found a great source for news from Japan, and am still looking for a reliable source from Brazil and South America.
    I go to RealClearPolitics a lot and I find a lot there from both sides. There are a lot of pro-Trump articles on there. But 99% of them are clearly written to preach to the choir and are sloppy with the facts because they can be. They're written like that because they obviously don't expect the reader to come from the other point of view. Occasionally you might find one that is written at a higher level and maybe appeared as an op-ed in a respectable source like the Wall Street Journal, or something. But invariably even those usually have a glaring omission of fact that would tank the entire argument if it were included. There are sloppy anti-Trump pieces on there as well, but in general they make much stronger points.

You would agree Trump is a total buffoon. You can just read his twitter feed sans any commentary to see that. The job of those writing the anti-stuff is far easier.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-11-2018 at 09:37 PM.

You would agree Trump is a total buffoon.
    Is ANYONE disputing this?! President Trump might be about to end the Korean War after 70 years, but it's MUCH more important for US pundits and journalists to virtue-signal about "negotiating with dictators." JFC.

Is ANYONE disputing this?! President Trump might be about to end the Korean War after 70 years, but it's MUCH more important for US pundits and journalists to virtue-signal about "negotiating with dictators." JFC.
    The only thing that means is that Trump tells us not to worry next week when Kim launches his next missile because the war is over.

The only thing that means is that Trump tells us not to worry next week when Kim launches his next missile because the war is over.

Yeah, what would possibly give anyone a reason to feel skeptical when Trump is involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I wonder where I put my bag of fireworks...

Trump Announces That North Korea Meeting Is Back On
    Uncle Ted, did you get your USB-powered fan at the Peace Summit™? How were your fireworks received?