Superbowl Sunday Plans & Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    We host a small group 10-15 people every year. In the past I have deep fried a turkey, or grilled ribs. This week there was an interesting chicken wing recipe in the paper that included Sriracha sauce that I love so much. I will probably make those.

I am also thinking of making some or DDD's butterscotch pudding, as I love butterscotch and if I am going to blow the NutriSystem for a day I might as well enjoy it.
    dude that pudding recipe is the be all end all of pudding. again, don't skimp out...use real scotch, otherwise you lose a bit of the taste. ANd hurry up and buy your guittards chips.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I have to do some home teaching, but we are off to friend's house at about 3PM.
      You do realize that Sunday is February 1st, right?

Comment

dude that pudding recipe is the be all end all of pudding. again, don't skimp out...use real scotch, otherwise you lose a bit of the taste. ANd hurry up and buy your guittards chips.
        I would use real scotch, I am not sure if in Eugene I can find Guittard what happens if I just use another butterscotch chip? Will my kitchen catch on fire?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Saturday is a special day, its the day I get ready to watch TV on Sundays.

We usually host the Superbowl. The last 3 years I have bought fresh ingredients to make very delicious sandwiches. This year it Includes

hoagie rolls from Shirley's
          Fresh cooked thick slice bacon
          Avocados
          Mayo, Mustard, Olive oil, vinegar
          Olives
          Sprouts
          Chicken Breast, Cooked and sliced
          Turkey
          Small Honeybaked ham
          Salomi
          Roast Beef
          4-5 types of cheese
          Claussen Dill Pickles
          Onions
          Tomatoes
          Bell Peppers
          Jalapenos
          Green Leaf Lettuce

Some chips and dips and then request the guest to bring a dessert of choice.

I did the Sammies the first year when I was not planning on doing anything but at the last minute had a change of plans. The guests enjoyed them so much, it has been requested the last couple of years, so we continue to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Maybe he is auditioning for EQP.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              hoagie rolls from Shirley's
              I love Shirley's rolls. Thankfully, they've become a book club staple each month so I don't have to be too disappointed there's no SLC franchise.

Mayo, Mustard, Olive oil, vinegar
              Brown mustard, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                I take HTing seriously. I love to visit my families any time of the month, not just the last Sunday.

sigpic

Comment

I would use real scotch, I am not sure if in Eugene I can find Guittard what happens if I just use another butterscotch chip? Will my kitchen catch on fire?
                  you can use another chip, but wont be as good. will still be very good overall, but not as silky smooth. i say go for it anyway. good excuse to ingest scotch.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                    Brown mustard, I hope.
                    Racist. I, too, love brown mustard, but there are some things that go best with the yellow stuff.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

We always have hoagie sandwiches for Christmas day, this year my wife bought me some Harvest Ground mustard that is fantastic. Adds a nice texture and has a much stronger mustardy taste. Highly recommended.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

For those of you in Utah, you should try the football-shaped sugar cookies at Schmidts.

Comment

We always have hoagie sandwiches for Christmas day, this year my wife bought me some Harvest Ground mustard that is fantastic. Adds a nice texture and has a much stronger mustardy taste. Highly recommended.
                          Let me clarify here, that deli sandwiches are not one of the things on which I prefer to use yellow mustard. Hot dogs, however, call for a squirt of the yellow.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Driving up to Teton Springs for a little buffet put on by the resort up there. Of course this will all be done after church is over.

Comment

We typically go to my BIL's house for a party, but this year we'll be watching at home. My wife claims my behavior during Steelers games is not socially acceptable.

Comment

Anyone have good suggestions for "snacks?" or a good dip recipe?
                                I suggest making hot dogs. I'd jazz them up a bit. Maybe wrap them in bacon, add grilled onions, peppers, jalapenos, tomato, pickle, fried egg and some melted cheese.
                                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
                                X