No announcement yet.

St. Patrick's Day family traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just talking to my wife... we talked for 15 minutes. Neither one of us mentioned that today is our 31st anniversary. Maybe when she asked me what I was going to do today, she was testing me. I failed when I said I was going to change the fuel filter on the Infiniti, and fix the bad tail light on the Sprinter. It's only 9:30 my time, and I'm already in damage control mode.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

sounds like an awesome St patrick's day tradition.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        I was just talking to my wife... we talked for 15 minutes. Neither one of us mentioned that today is our 31st anniversary. Maybe when she asked me what I was going to do today, she was testing me. I failed when I said I was going to change the fuel filter on the Infiniti, and fix the bad tail light on the Sprinter. It's only 9:30 my time, and I'm already in damage control mode.
        Take her to a nice dinner at Applebees tonight. I'm sure that will smooth things over.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Take her to a nice dinner at Applebees tonight. I'm sure that will smooth things over.
          Applebee's?? Do you think I'm made out of money?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I make my baked corned beef. Boil it every so gently, then glaze and bake in the oven. Everyone invites themselves over.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
              OK, I am putting this in my calendar for next year: remind HFN about the leprechaun trap. I want to do it too.
              HuskyFreeNorthwest--Don't forget to set up that leprechaun trap!
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                HuskyFreeNorthwest--Don't forget to set up that leprechaun trap!
                Awesome. Don't be a stranger.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  Better make that call to Applebee's to get a reservation for tomorrow night!
                  I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Corned beef. Cabbage. Red potatoes.

That's our tradition.

Honestly, it's a little overshadowed by Pi day just a few days before. And I like corned beef!

Comment

My six year old has become convinced that leprechauns are real. In a conversation with my wife last night, she surprised me with "I can't say for a 100% that leprechauns aren't real, can you?!" Yes. Yes I can. Maybe I'll do something fun with the security cameras.

Also, when searching for videos on YouTube with small children, make sure to search "leprechauns" not just "leprechaun" which only pulls clips from the movie.
                      Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 03-15-2016, 09:25 AM.
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        Corned beef. Cabbage. Red potatoes.

That's our tradition.

Honestly, it's a little overshadowed by Pi day just a few days before. And I like corned beef!
                        We had lemon meringue last night. It was good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          We had lemon meringue last night. It was good.
                          We went with double cream lemon from Marie Callendars. Mmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            We went with double cream lemon from Marie Callendars. Mmmm.
                            I missed it. Maybe I could say pizza pie. Does Costco thin crust pizza count as pizza pie?

Comment

Working...
                            X