No announcement yet.

What type of wallet do you carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive really liked this slim fold. Super slim, even with a lot of stuff in it. I included a quarter so you can see the thickness of my peni.....er....wallet when it’s full. It’s a stretchy material so it holds the cards in tight enough that they don’t slip out.

This is with 12 plastic cards, a temple recommend and 4 bills (all large, of course).

I’ve has this one for 2 years. I’m betting it’s about halfway through its useable life. I’ll buy another when it dies.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Ive really liked this slim fold. Super slim, even with a lot of stuff in it. I included a quarter so you can see the thickness of my peni.....er....wallet when it’s full. It’s a stretchy material so it holds the cards in tight enough that they don’t slip out.

This is with 12 plastic cards, a temple recommend and 4 bills (all large, of course).

I’ve has this one for 2 years. I’m betting it’s about halfway through its useable life. I’ll buy another when it dies.

Where does the quarter go?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Hammer-Anvil-.../dp/B072MPFCR8
        Last edited by Bo Diddley; 05-22-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

That one looks plenty thin enough but I don't like the credit cards showing.

I've always gone for the thinnest wallet I can get that folds in half, has one interior section for money, one clear window for my Driver's License and a few pockets for credit cards. Sometimes there is an extra section behind the cards where you can stuff a few papers like medical cards and such. But how thin it is is more important than anything else. Must not be more than 1/4" when empty.

Every five years or so my wallet will start to wear out and I'll track down another one. They can be found at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Where does the quarter go?
            CJ’s front pocket.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Something similar to this - about as minimalist as you can get. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

This has worked alright for me. I always carry about 7-8 business cards so the big pocket works for that, but it is still small enough to fit in my front pocket. The RFID works well enough that I have to take my key card out of it.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  CJ’s front pocket.
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

You could replace most of those dumb plastic cards with one metal one....

And here is a pro tip... Just take a picture of your temple recommend with your iPhone. The bar code will scan just fine at the temple off your iPhone's screen, especially if you have an 11 Pro Max.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

And here is a pro tip... Just take a picture of your temple recommend with your iPhone. The bar code will scan just fine at the temple off your iPhone's screen, especially if you have an 11 Pro Max.
                      apple pay adoption stinks
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I wouldn't mind replacing all my cards with Marisa Robertson's card, but I'm not sure she would like that.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

What type of wallet do you carry?

You know the old brown leather wallet your dad used to carry? yeah, that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            apple pay adoption stinks
                            Yeah, it has a billion-dollar stink to it...

Apple Will Manage 10% Of Global Credit Card Transactions By 2025, Analyst Says

Apple Pay is a sleeper billion-dollar business.

We’ve seen Apple services and subscription revenues skyrocket over the past few years as the company turns away from hardware-only revenue and towards valued-added services. One of those is Apple Pay, a purchasing technology that uses traditional credit card mechanics, but clothes it in modern, simple, and powerful technology.

According to one analyst firm, Apple’s winning that battle.

Despite launching just a few years ago in only one country, Apple Pay now accounts for 5% of all global credit card purchase volume, according to financial research firm Bernstein
                            [...]
                            The World Payments Report says that global non-cash transaction volumes hit $539 billion in 2017, and were growing at 12% annually. Others have estimated global payments volume at about $1 trillion.

10% of a trillion dollars — or even $539 billion — is a lot of money.

And that means Apple can collect a lot of money along the way.

Apple Pay doesn’t return much revenue for Apple per transaction: it’s just another way of using your credit card. Every time you use it, however, Apple gets a .15% cut of that payment. According to one estimate by 9to5Mac, if just 5% of transactions happen via Apple Pay, Apple would make $525M just in the United States at 2018 transaction volumes.

At 10%, that’s over a billion dollars.
                            [...]
                            And that’s revenue Apple can essentially sit back and collect. It’s basically passive income, because Goldman Sachs and Mastercard do the hard work, while Apple provides some hardware and some software.

This should grow year-over-year.

That will likely concern some financial companies. What if Apple can convert all, or even a substantial fraction of Apple users to Apple Pay, or especially Apple Card? All of a sudden that billion-dollar business grows even more.

“There are indeed plenty of reasons to worry that Apple may attempt to disrupt the payments ecosystem,” says Harshita Rawat, a Bernstein analyst, in a research note.

There’s a lot of reasons for Apple to do so.

And they all look like cold hard cash.
                            https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoe.../#52d15349369c

Given how long apple pay has been around, not bad.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              I wouldn't mind replacing all my cards with Marisa Robertson's card, but I'm not sure she would like that.
                              Yeah, she is the strategy lead for apple and most likely makes good coin.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                You know the old brown leather wallet your dad used to carry? yeah, that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Troglodyte.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X