Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of wallet do you carry?

Default What type of wallet do you carry?

At dinner tonight with a co-worker we discussed wallets as we each pulled ours out to pay for dinner. He had a Harley Davidson wallet. One of those checkbook type ones, like Landpoke likes with snaps.

I have a leather bifold I bought from the Quiksilver Outlet store in Provo back in 1997. I don't ever want to have to replace it. I remember buying this wallet to replace my last one and it was a sad day.

It's similar to this one but just has a barely visible embossed tsunami logo in the corner:

I tried using a money clip but I don't like keeping anything in my front pocket unless I am headed through a crowd.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    At dinner tonight with a co-worker we discussed wallets as we each pulled ours out to pay for dinner. He had a Harley Davidson wallet. One of those checkbook type ones, like Landpoke likes with snaps.

I have a leather bifold I bought from the Quiksilver Outlet store in Provo back in 1997. I don't ever want to have to replace it. I remember buying this wallet to replace my last one and it was a sad day.

It's similar to this one but just has a barely visible embossed tsunami logo in the corner:

I tried using a money clip but I don't like keeping anything in my front pocket unless I am headed through a crowd.
    I've got a black faux-leather wallet I bought from Wal-Mart. My old wallet had a zipper and attached by velcro.

My wallet is basically a small "card case." It's not really even a case. It holds three cards on one side and a few bills on the other side. It's roughly the size of a credit card. Just a tad bigger.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

An empty one.

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

[YOUTUBE]GH56xkdUwmM[/YOUTUBE]

I've always wanted a wallet like this

(warning bad language)
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And hereís what life comes down toónot how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesnít amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead youíll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." Ė Adam Carolla

mine is like a thin metal case, almost like what time is describing, except a bit bigger than the dimensions of a credit card.

I hate carrying anything in my pocket...wallet, keys, brush....
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

My friend talked me into getting one of these:

http://www.all-ett.com/

It's great. Never again will my butt hurt from sitting on my wallet.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    mine is like a thin metal case, almost like what time is describing, except a bit bigger than the dimensions of a credit card.

I hate carrying anything in my pocket...wallet, keys, brush....
    I always type "time" when I mean "tim" too....jinx.

I've had a really nice Eddie Bauer doeskin wallet for the last 7-8 years and it shows no signs of wearing out. If and when I think I'll look for a Tommy Bahama one on ebay or something. My dad has one the last few years of his life and it was beautiful and always looked brand new and the leather was as soft as the back of your earlobe.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    My dad has one the last few years of his life and it was beautiful and always looked brand new and the leather was as soft as the back of your earlobe.
    You should really try to be more sensitive to people like this:

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    You should really try to be more sensitive to people like this:

I want to squeeze that to see what comes out.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I want to squeeze that to see what comes out.

Never once baby snatched landpoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    One of those checkbook type ones, like Landpoke likes with snaps.
    I'm a convert to the money clip wallet platform. I've pared down my "must have with me at all times" to a couple of cards, my drivers license and a few business cards. And, of course, a fat wad of cash on the outside.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, Americaís saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyiní)
    Ö
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

I carried a leather (probably faux-leather) bi-fold wallet with a flap for many years - similar to this but with a much lower price tag:

My wife gave me a Columbia leather bi-fold wallet as a gift a few years ago - probably hoping that I would finally dispose of my old, weathered wallet. When my Old Faithful finally gave up the ghost a few months ago, I pulled out the new Columbia from long-term storage and have been using it since. It's falling apart already.

What are you guys using? Any suggestions for practical, long-lasting, inexpensive wallets?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

i had a bellroy slim bifold that i liked, but it got stretched out and now hangs like sleeve of wizard. now i rotate between a tumi bifold and a ridge.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    i had a bellroy slim bifold that i liked, but it got stretched out and now hangs like sleeve of wizard. now i rotate between a tumi bifold and a ridge.
    I have the ridge, because I got tired of the back pocket worn wallet sign in my pants. But unless I'm rifling through the first three cards on top (which is what I do 90% of the time), it's pretty inconvenient. Also, my kids mock me mercilessly because I have it
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.Ē
    - SeattleUte

Ive really liked this slim fold. Super slim, even with a lot of stuff in it. I included a quarter so you can see the thickness of my peni.....er....wallet when itís full. Itís a stretchy material so it holds the cards in tight enough that they donít slip out.

This is with 12 plastic cards, a temple recommend and 4 bills (all large, of course).

Iíve has this one for 2 years. Iím betting itís about halfway through its useable life. Iíll buy another when it dies.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark ďegg on your faceĒ! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Ive really liked this slim fold. Super slim, even with a lot of stuff in it. I included a quarter so you can see the thickness of my peni.....er....wallet when it’s full. It’s a stretchy material so it holds the cards in tight enough that they don’t slip out.

This is with 12 plastic cards, a temple recommend and 4 bills (all large, of course).

I’ve has this one for 2 years. I’m betting it’s about halfway through its useable life. I’ll buy another when it dies.

Where does the quarter go?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Last edited by Bo Diddley; 05-22-2020 at 05:43 PM.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

That one looks plenty thin enough but I don't like the credit cards showing.

I've always gone for the thinnest wallet I can get that folds in half, has one interior section for money, one clear window for my Driver's License and a few pockets for credit cards. Sometimes there is an extra section behind the cards where you can stuff a few papers like medical cards and such. But how thin it is is more important than anything else. Must not be more than 1/4" when empty.

Every five years or so my wallet will start to wear out and I'll track down another one. They can be found at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Where does the quarter go?
    CJ’s front pocket.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Something similar to this - about as minimalist as you can get. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This has worked alright for me. I always carry about 7-8 business cards so the big pocket works for that, but it is still small enough to fit in my front pocket. The RFID works well enough that I have to take my key card out of it.
    ďEvery player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they donít itís because they never got the chance.Ē Aroldis Chapman

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    CJís front pocket.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Ive really liked this slim fold. Super slim, even with a lot of stuff in it. I included a quarter so you can see the thickness of my peni.....er....wallet when it’s full. It’s a stretchy material so it holds the cards in tight enough that they don’t slip out.

You could replace most of those dumb plastic cards with one metal one....

And here is a pro tip... Just take a picture of your temple recommend with your iPhone. The bar code will scan just fine at the temple off your iPhone's screen, especially if you have an 11 Pro Max.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

And here is a pro tip... Just take a picture of your temple recommend with your iPhone. The bar code will scan just fine at the temple off your iPhone's screen, especially if you have an 11 Pro Max.
    apple pay adoption stinks
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I wouldn't mind replacing all my cards with Marisa Robertson's card, but I'm not sure she would like that.
    - Goatnapper'96

Default What type of wallet do you carry?

You know the old brown leather wallet your dad used to carry? yeah, that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    apple pay adoption stinks
    Yeah, it has a billion-dollar stink to it...

Apple Will Manage 10% Of Global Credit Card Transactions By 2025, Analyst Says

Apple Pay is a sleeper billion-dollar business.

Weíve seen Apple services and subscription revenues skyrocket over the past few years as the company turns away from hardware-only revenue and towards valued-added services. One of those is Apple Pay, a purchasing technology that uses traditional credit card mechanics, but clothes it in modern, simple, and powerful technology.

According to one analyst firm, Appleís winning that battle.

Despite launching just a few years ago in only one country, Apple Pay now accounts for 5% of all global credit card purchase volume, according to financial research firm Bernstein
    [...]
    The World Payments Report says that global non-cash transaction volumes hit $539 billion in 2017, and were growing at 12% annually. Others have estimated global payments volume at about $1 trillion.

10% of a trillion dollars ó or even $539 billion ó is a lot of money.

And that means Apple can collect a lot of money along the way.

Apple Pay doesnít return much revenue for Apple per transaction: itís just another way of using your credit card. Every time you use it, however, Apple gets a .15% cut of that payment. According to one estimate by 9to5Mac, if just 5% of transactions happen via Apple Pay, Apple would make $525M just in the United States at 2018 transaction volumes.

At 10%, thatís over a billion dollars.
    [...]
    And thatís revenue Apple can essentially sit back and collect. Itís basically passive income, because Goldman Sachs and Mastercard do the hard work, while Apple provides some hardware and some software.

This should grow year-over-year.

That will likely concern some financial companies. What if Apple can convert all, or even a substantial fraction of Apple users to Apple Pay, or especially Apple Card? All of a sudden that billion-dollar business grows even more.

ďThere are indeed plenty of reasons to worry that Apple may attempt to disrupt the payments ecosystem,Ē says Harshita Rawat, a Bernstein analyst, in a research note.

Thereís a lot of reasons for Apple to do so.

And they all look like cold hard cash.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoe.../#52d15349369c

Given how long apple pay has been around, not bad.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I wouldn't mind replacing all my cards with Marisa Robertson's card, but I'm not sure she would like that.
    Yeah, she is the strategy lead for apple and most likely makes good coin.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    You know the old brown leather wallet your dad used to carry? yeah, that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Troglodyte.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.Ē
    - SeattleUte