Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Collinsworth is Mr. Basketball

Here.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

These are sick numbers:
    Collinsworth, for the season, averaged 23.7 points per game, eight assists, 10.4 rebounds, nearly two blocks and four steals. As a starter, he helped Provo win three region titles over his career with a 35-1 region mark. Overall, Provo was 65-8 with Collinsworth on the floor.
    *Banned*

Comment

i also thought it was interesting that utah has kept one mr. basketball winner since britton johnsen won the award in '97. both morgan grim and daniel deane were released.
      Last edited by old_gregg; 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
        i also thought it was interesting that utah has kept one mr. basketball winner since britton johnsen won the award in '97. both morgan grim and daniel deane requested releases.
        Wasn't Deane let go because he didn't get his academics straight after being warned of the consequences of continued poor scholastic performance?
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

yeah that's right. sorry, i'll edit accordingly.

Comment

yeah that's right. sorry, i'll edit accordingly.
            Why was Grim released?

Comment

i think it was a playing time issue

Comment

That's what I recall as well.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                  Why was Grim released?
                  Which was mostly due to injury to his feet on multiple occasions. IIRC he was not available for most of 07-08 due to foot/ankle injuries.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I think I recall hearing/reading Haws was a 2 time Utah MB, I would assume Emery was also his Sr. Year. Does anyone have the breakdown where the last 10 UMB have gone to college?

Comment

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...d-Winners.html

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        I think I recall hearing/reading Haws was a 2 time Utah MB, I would assume Emery was also his Sr. Year. Does anyone have the breakdown where the last 10 UMB have gone to college?
                        Unfortunately, Garner Meads ended up in P-Town.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

i also thought it was interesting that utah has kept one mr. basketball winner since britton johnsen won the award in '97. both morgan grim and daniel deane were released.
                          and Josh Olson
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

They're not even trying anymore...

Although, it is interesting to see that whatever school is getting the most of these signed is the one that is doing the best. Its all about recruiting.
                            Last edited by U-Ute; 03-16-2010, 09:27 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post

They're not even trying anymore...

Although, it is interesting to see that whatever school is getting the most of these signed is the one that is doing the best. Its all about recruiting.
                              I roomed with a bunch of guys from Indiana when I was at the Y and they made a habit of always disregarding Utah talent in recruiting. I tried explaining to them that Utah's current (90's) and past success had come on the backs of Utah players. BYU's limited success had also played a part. They scoffed and rubbed their Rik Smits doll for good luck.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                              X