Blink, Blink, Blink, What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    If someone had died due to emergency protocols, wouldn't he be criminally liable?
    Absolutely- not sure under which specific citation since that's not my forte, but they would nail him. Extremely civilly liable, too.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Absolutely- not sure under which specific citation since that's not my forte, but they would nail him. Extremely civilly liable, too.
      Civilly, is infliction of emotional distress on everyone there liable?
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Civilly, is infliction of emotional distress on everyone there liable?
        Intentional infliction of emotional distress is a tort that normally gets heaped into other more substantial suits with tangible damages and is a bit harder to prove, but I think here it would stick like gum. You have to prove the action was outrageous or extreme, which is normally hard to prove but certainly fits here.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Intentional infliction of emotional distress is a tort that normally gets heaped into other more substantial suits with tangible damages and is a bit harder to prove, but I think here it would stick like gum. You have to prove the action was outrageous or extreme, which is normally hard to prove but certainly fits here.
          Were I a victim, I believe in lieu of money, I'd accept it if he got a conspicuous tattoo that said, "I'm the asshole who phoned in a bomb threat to a hospital so I could delay the birth of my child."
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Were I a victim, I believe in lieu of money, I'd accept it if he got a conspicuous tattoo that said, "I'm the asshole who phoned in a bomb threat to a hospital so I could delay the birth of my child."
            That's the beauty of a district court civil claim rather than small claims-- the judge can order specific performance.

Comment

That's the beauty of a district court civil claim rather than small claims-- the judge can order specific performance.
              Ordered rather than settled would probably constitute cruel and unusual though.

Comment

Ordered rather than settled would probably constitute cruel and unusual though.
                Not in a civil claim!

Comment

• Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                    If Brazil really were China, they pretty much got Hong Kong in the right place, so I think we can give them a pass on this one.

Comment

• It's sad how CNN's morning news stuff has become a bunch of accumulation-of-sexy-signs women bantering about news stories instead of smart-sexy women giving solid news reports about things that matter. I feel like CNN died about 20 years ago, and what's left is the stuff slowly consuming the corpse. I know that this woman didn't make that graphic, it's just my general impression of the channel(s) from listening to them in the locker room at the YMCA in the mornings. The old men all love Robin and Friends, or whatever it's called.

Comment

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                        has to be fake.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• And the winner for creepiest experience of the day award goes to the guy in the Verizon store yesterday talking strip clubs with one of the store reps. He was 56 and she couldn't have been 25. I was in the store for a long time, and listened to him flirt with her the entire time as she was transferring stuff from his old phone to his new one. Toward the end, he started talking bars, then said his favorite was a dance club in Billings on the interstate. She didn't get it at first, then he said "not that kind of dancing." Then she got it. To my astonishment, she said she'd been there. That fueled the fire, and he then said that the best one was in Three Forks, where they "bring out 20 girls at a time." She replied that she'd been to that one too, but didn't think the girls were very professional. A very bizarre/creepy experience.
                          sigpic
                          "Outlined against a blue, gray
                          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Thanks, Topper!
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                has to be fake.
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Thanks, Topper!
                                No, thanks smr.

Comment

Working...
                                X