X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Aortic aneurysm. Goodbye, bro.
    Ugh, that is horrible.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Identification of gases responsible for the odour of human flatus and evaluation of a device purported to reduce this odour

Flatus was quantitatively collected via rectal tube from 16 healthy subjects who ingested pinto beans and lactulose to enhance flatus output. The concentrations of sulphur-containing gases in each passage were correlated with odour intensity assessed by two judges. Odour intensity was also determined after treatment of flatus samples with zinc acetate, which binds sulphydryl compounds (hydrogen sulphide and methanethiol), or activated charcoal. Utilising gas-tight Mylar pantaloons, the ability of a charcoal lined cushion to adsorb sulphur-containing gases instilled at the anus of eight subjects was assessed.
      Looks like the charcoal-filter pantaloons definitely worked:

97896.f1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        Identification of gases responsible for the odour of human flatus and evaluation of a device purported to reduce this odour

Looks like the charcoal-filter pantaloons definitely worked:

[ATTACH]8558[/ATTACH]
        When you are a research assistant assigned to be one of the "judges" in an experiment like this, do you start to reassess your career choices or forge ahead in the name of science?

Comment

• Amy-Sherald-MICHELLE-OBAMA-PORTRAIT.jpgBARACK-OBAMA-KEHINDE-WILEY-PORTRAIT.jpg
          One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
          SU

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
            [ATTACH]8561[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8562[/ATTACH]
            not blink blink blink to me? Those are lovely portraits.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
              not blink blink blink to me? Those are lovely portraits.
              Unless the first one is supposed to be Michelle Obama. Doesn't look like her to me.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yeah hers is a little on the "artsy" side. I really like Obama's portrait, though.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Yeah hers is a little on the "artsy" side. I really like Obama's portrait, though.
                  At Wrigley Field, no less!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Yeah hers is a little on the "artsy" side. I really like Obama's portrait, though.
                    So do the Chicago Cubs.

EDIT: hack. Darn you, falafel.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                      [ATTACH]8561[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8562[/ATTACH]
                      Is it just me, or...

τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Unless the first one is supposed to be Michelle Obama. Doesn't look like her to me.
                        I agree it isn't an exact likeness, but if you wanted it to look identical to her why not just take a photograph and hang it on the wall? It's the artists' impression of her, during her (likely) many hours of sitting for the artist. It's flattering in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                          I agree it isn't an exact likeness, but if you wanted it to look identical to her why not just take a photograph and hang it on the wall? It's the artists' impression of her, during her (likely) many hours of sitting for the artist. It's flattering in my opinion.
                          I understand artistic impressions, but she should at least be recognizable. Its a very nice portrait. To me, it just looks like a portrait of some other person.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            I understand artistic impressions, but she should at least be recognizable. Its a very nice portrait. To me, it just looks like a portrait of some other person.
                            Agreed. I didn’t know who it was until I saw Obama’s portrait and then made the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• This one's better, but I can't get it to hotlink: https://i.imgur.com/jncMW2k.gifv
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X