Blink, Blink, Blink, What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Hall ‘96
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Are there no Helaman Hall alums here? Merrill Hall 97-98.
      Which floor?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Which floor?
        2100. I think 2107 was my room.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I was there for that winter semester. First floor - don't remember the room number.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I was there for that winter semester. First floor - don't remember the room number.
            Who was your RA? That big Argentine guy?

Did you ever submit an entry to the linen day essay contest?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              V Hall ‘96
              V-609. Callis palace.

The building was still fairly new.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                I was 93-94 , 2nd floor. No wonder she hated us so much. It is your fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Who was your RA? That big Argentine guy?

Did you ever submit an entry to the linen day essay contest?
                  I do not recall the linen day essay contest, so I'm pretty sure I didn't submit an entry. Also don't remember a big Argentine RA. I do remember that one of the RA's on the floor left/got fired during the semester. I applied for the position but sucked it up in the interview and this other kid (whom I pretty much detested) got the gig.
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Helaman Halls - Chipman Hall 88-89, second floor. I didn't really like the dorms that much.

We took a flasher barricade from a construction project and put it in a buddy's room and the dweeb RA reported us to the BYU police. That RA was the biggest snivelly self-righteous Peter Priesthood dork I've ever seen in my life. By the time the BYU police came by the flasher was long gone and we did our best "Sergeant Schulz" imitation - "I know nothing". But we still got called into the HC Office, not sure how that happened.

I had to meet with J. Thomas Kallunki. He asked me what we did and I said, "we put a flasher barricade in our buddy's room as a prank". He said, "I'm required to give you counselling and correction. I counsel you not to get caught doing silly pranks and your correction is to go to the football game on Saturday."

That was my one and only run-in with the HCO.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      V-609. Callis palace.

The building was still fairly new.
                      I was on the fourth floor. The building was definitely not new.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I do not recall the linen day essay contest, so I'm pretty sure I didn't submit an entry. Also don't remember a big Argentine RA. I do remember that one of the RA's on the floor left/got fired during the semester. I applied for the position but sucked it up in the interview and this other kid (whom I pretty much detested) got the gig.
                        When were you there? Same time?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

When were you there? Same time?
                          Pretty sure it was Jan - April 1998. Then I worked as a conference assistant at Merrill Hall that following summer.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Pretty sure it was Jan - April 1998. Then I worked as a conference assistant at Merrill Hall that following summer.
                            Hmm. I can't remember how they divided the wards. I think the second and third floor were in one ward, but first was a different ward.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              You kids. In 1970-71 I split my freshman year between V-Hall (whose hefty matron, Sis. Sumpter, was known as Fort Sumpter) and U-Hall. Unfortunately, this was before it was switched to women's housing.
                              I was pre switch too - Penrose Hall T-306 - fall of 1977. Don't remember the old gal downstairs - but I remember some RA named Robin. Non-Sequitur was there the same time as me. Good times - Son of Sam was the big topic at Squaw Peak.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Hmm. I can't remember how they divided the wards. I think the second and third floor were in one ward, but first was a different ward.
                                I know the first floor was all in the same ward.
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X