Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I am so pumped. Cant wait.

This season I am trying out some new custom Intuition liners. All these years and I have never made a custom liner. I am finally getting with the program. Does anyone else ski with custom liners? Did you notice a difference?
    I use custom liners and they are definitely more comfortable.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Sounds fun. You hunting deer this year?
      I didn't get a tag, but will be going with my nephew if he doesn't get one on the first weekend. I'll be hunting birds in Montana on the opening weekend of the deer hunt.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        I didn't get a tag, but will be going with my nephew if he doesn't get one on the first weekend. I'll be hunting birds in Montana on the opening weekend of the deer hunt.
        We have been doing the muzzleloader hunt the last three years. I really like it. Warmer weather and far less crowded. I made a 150-yd shot this year.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          We have been doing the muzzleloader hunt the last three years. I really like it. Warmer weather and far less crowded. I made a 150-yd shot this year.

I really want to start muzzleloading for those same reasons. I need to stop talking about it and just take the plunge. Sounds like a blast.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

I am so pumped. Cant wait.

This season I am trying out some new custom Intuition liners. All these years and I have never made a custom liner. I am finally getting with the program. Does anyone else ski with custom liners? Did you notice a difference?
            I've had custom liners for several years now. Love them. I went to Surefoot in Park City. Another place I've heard about is just below REI on 3300 S in SLC.

Can't wait for the season to start.
            Last edited by hostile; 10-04-2013, 03:35 PM.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I dont really know. I've never used a custom molded liner and most of the people I have asked recommended Intuition. Can't honestly say if that brand is any better than others.

The same boots for 15 years? Are you rocking some rear-entry Raichles?

Salamon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• What is the best way to go about buying skis, poles and boots? Is it best to buy from a shop or to hit one of the trade/swap/buy used deals? I have leased for the season the past few years and I am looking to buy some gear. I go about 15 times a year so I am not an ultra serious skier. Also what are folks' opinions of the Canyons? I know Vail just acquired it and that should make the Utah skiing scene different in the future. I cannot believe how cheap skiing is in Utah compared to Sun Valley.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  Salamon
                  15 years and you never noticed how the name is spelled?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    What is the best way to go about buying skis, poles and boots? Is it best to buy from a shop or to hit one of the trade/swap/buy used deals? I have leased for the season the past few years and I am looking to buy some gear. I go about 15 times a year so I am not an ultra serious skier. Also what are folks' opinions of the Canyons? I know Vail just acquired it and that should make the Utah skiing scene different in the future. I cannot believe how cheap skiing is in Utah compared to Sun Valley.
                    First, skiing 15 times a season is a pretty avid workload. That is a great season, imo.

I love the Canyons. It is more expensive, but if you take advantage of current deals that will be expiring soon, you can buy 5 or 10 packs that average around $55-60 a day at Canyons, Deer Valley (must be a local), brighton, and elsewhere. the canyons isnt a great mountain for beginners so if you ski often with young children or groomers, it may not be my top choice. But for blue and up, it is a great day on the sticks.

if you can find the equipment you like at season-ending clearance sales, you can really score some sweet deals, especially on skis and bindings. However, as a general rule, you can just buy online from all the various websites that sell ski gear. Shop from the comfort of your chair. This requires you to know what you want, however. i outfitted the puffy check last season with skis and boots and bought a new setup for MMM this year, completely online. Saved hundreds of dollars in the process, as well, and they have good gear.

Of all the equipment you will purchase as a recreational skier, I would rank boots as the most important gear, by far. make sure your boots kick butt, fit right, and have the right flex for your style of skiing. Im really pumped about my intuition liners and cant wait to try them out. Skis are important, but with todays technology, you can find lots of skis that will take you from groomers to crud to bumps to pow without missing a beat. poles are mostly pointless for a recreational skier, frankly, and can often encourage poor form and bad habits in beginners.

Are you a regular at Sun Valley? that is a great place.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

What is the best way to go about buying skis, poles and boots? Is it best to buy from a shop or to hit one of the trade/swap/buy used deals? I have leased for the season the past few years and I am looking to buy some gear. I go about 15 times a year so I am not an ultra serious skier. Also what are folks' opinions of the Canyons? I know Vail just acquired it and that should make the Utah skiing scene different in the future. I cannot believe how cheap skiing is in Utah compared to Sun Valley.
                      buy new boots. get skis, bindings, poles on ksl. find skis that will either fit your boots or that have a pre drilled mounting plate so you don't have to deal with unfilled holes (). after base repair/wax/grind you will still be way below retail.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Agreed on the importance on finding the right boots. It makes all the difference in the world.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

What DDD said about the Canyons. It is one of my favorite places to board. It is expensive though. I usually only went when I got a discount or free pass (Warren Miller movies) since I always bought a season pass to Brighton. But with that price you get a ton of terrain to ride. That place is huge and there are some long runs. The last time I was there we worked from north to south. I was feeling it by the time we got to Tombstone. After 3 or 4 trips up that lift my quads were toast. The Canyons definitely has that resort feel to it. It's a destination ski hill for sure and has been trending that way for awhile. It makes me wonder what that lease agreement with Vail will do to it.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

I was a ski instructor at the Canyons from 2000-2003 so I know the mountain pretty well (although I haven't been back since and it's probably changed quite a bit). Canyons is great for the beginner to intermediate skier. If I ski in Park City, I would rather be at PCMR. If in Utah, I would rather go to Little Cottonwood.

I would echo the others' comments re: the importance of boots above all other equipment. Most people do not know how to properly fit a ski boot. It should be much tighter than common sense dictates. IMO it would be a mistake to purchase boots without being able to a) try it on before or b) be able to send it back for a refund. Take your time in the boot fitting process.
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              15 years and you never noticed how the name is spelled?
                              Or it's a typo. I also use Salomon bindings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                I was a ski instructor at the Canyons from 2000-2003 so I know the mountain pretty well (although I haven't been back since and it's probably changed quite a bit). Canyons is great for the beginner to intermediate skier. If I ski in Park City, I would rather be at PCMR. If in Utah, I would rather go to Little Cottonwood.

I would echo the others' comments re: the importance of boots above all other equipment. Most people do not know how to properly fit a ski boot. It should be much tighter than common sense dictates. IMO it would be a mistake to purchase boots without being able to a) try it on before or b) be able to send it back for a refund. Take your time in the boot fitting process.
                                Im surprised you feel that way re: beginners. I have found it to be pretty sparse when it comes to green runs. i took my sister there last season and she was disappointed in the lack of beginner stuff. Not sure what the run is called but it is at the top of the gondola and right off the trail there is a practice run with gates. She would take around 40 minutes to get down one green run and i kept skiing through the gates over and over. Kind of fun, i guess.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X