Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    Your timing is perfect. Pelado and I were just making plans for the official Treasure Valley quarterly CUFfer CSer lunch, to which you may consider yourself invited. I think I speak for the group when I say that your attendance would make our collective nipples hard.
    I get to Boise Wednesday night 8:00-11:00, depending on what happens. Leave Boise Thursday morning at 9:00 am to head to Brundage for 1.5 days of skiing. Will need to be at Nampa High by 8:00 pm Friday night to watch the mighty, mighty, mightymightymighty Lady Bulldogs end their season with yet another ohfer at the State Tournament. Then I have a gymnastics meet at the Century Link Arena Saturday afternoon. Not seeing time for lunch but you and Pelado want to come watch my daughter's meet there are few things in life that will make you as hostile as a girls youth gymnastics meet, especially if you are sitting near the speaker for the floor exercise. I was looking for a pommell horse to gouge my eyes out with.

But if you fine folks from the Treasure Valley get together, raise an IBC in memory of me and nipples, no matter how firm they be!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      I get to Boise Wednesday night 8:00-11:00, depending on what happens. Leave Boise Thursday morning at 9:00 am to head to Brundage for 1.5 days of skiing. Will need to be at Nampa High by 8:00 pm Friday night to watch the mighty, mighty, mightymightymighty Lady Bulldogs end their season with yet another ohfer at the State Tournament. Then I have a gymnastics meet at the Century Link Arena Saturday afternoon. Not seeing time for lunch but you and Pelado want to come watch my daughter's meet there are few things in life that will make you as hostile as a girls youth gymnastics meet, especially if you are sitting near the speaker for the floor exercise. I was looking for a pommell horse to gouge my eyes out with.

But if you fine folks from the Treasure Valley get together, raise an IBC in memory of me and nipples, no matter how firm they be!
      Enjoy all the fine and wonderful things that Nampa/Caldwell has to offer!
      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor...paign=02252013

"The Ski" is back. Nothing was as cool in the 70's as having a set up of the Ski with Scott boots. The boots were comfortable but they were bound to blow up. Next best was having a pair of red, white and blue K2's with the orange Lange boots.

Comment

If you don't have time for lunch, then just swing by my office when you're thirsty and I'll slip you a Mountain Dew (or a lesser soda of your choice).
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Next week is my kid's spring break. I want to get in a day or a day and a half of skiing. How are things down in Utah at the Cottonwood Canyon ski resorts? Last Friday I was at my local place and it was spring conditions and while it got a bit colder and some snow up there since then my guess is it will be pretty soupy again this Friday when I head up there for our final school kids ski day. If the snow down there is getting sticky my guess is the only ski resort with decent snow, within a reasonable drive of me, is likely Grand Targhee in the Teton Valley and I will head up there. RC knows that that part of the world doesn't thaw out until June and if summer falls on a Saturday in July they hold a picnic! So what is the good word ye Wasatch Front skiiers, should I forego Solitude and head to Driggs or are things still good down there? I guess more importantly is what do you think it will be like next week?

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Next week is my kid's spring break. I want to get in a day or a day and a half of skiing. How are things down in Utah at the Cottonwood Canyon ski resorts? Last Friday I was at my local place and it was spring conditions and while it got a bit colder and some snow up there since then my guess is it will be pretty soupy again this Friday when I head up there for our final school kids ski day. If the snow down there is getting sticky my guess is the only ski resort with decent snow, within a reasonable drive of me, is likely Grand Targhee in the Teton Valley and I will head up there. RC knows that that part of the world doesn't thaw out until June and if summer falls on a Saturday in July they hold a picnic! So what is the good word ye Wasatch Front skiiers, should I forego Solitude and head to Driggs or are things still good down there? I guess more importantly is what do you think it will be like next week?
              Weather report indicates rain and cold in the valley on Wednesday / Thursday which should mean snow up the canyons. There is still a good base but finding fresh snow will be tricky. Based on what I'm seeing at work there are plenty of people still skiing/boarding. I'm planning on getting a few days next week.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Oldest 2 near bottom of Harmony Bowl on backside of Whistler mountain (Blackcomb Mountain shown in the background).

IMG_0124.jpg

Snowed all day yesterday; blue bird day today.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I thought this looked like a pretty cool bunny hill:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ories#slide/10

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• snowing heavily up here at Snowbird. the season has begun!
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• I am so pumped. Cant wait.

This season I am trying out some new custom Intuition liners. All these years and I have never made a custom liner. I am finally getting with the program. Does anyone else ski with custom liners? Did you notice a difference?
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• I have lived in Utah for 15 years and have never been skiing. This is the year!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I am so pumped. Cant wait.

This season I am trying out some new custom Intuition liners. All these years and I have never made a custom liner. I am finally getting with the program. Does anyone else ski with custom liners? Did you notice a difference?
                          I'm hitting a bootfitter this year. What makes Intuition better than other aftermarket liners? I only ask because I've used he same boots for fifteen years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            I'm hitting a bootfitter this year. What makes Intuition better than other aftermarket liners? I only ask because I've used he same boots for fifteen years.
                            I dont really know. I've never used a custom molded liner and most of the people I have asked recommended Intuition. Can't honestly say if that brand is any better than others.

The same boots for 15 years? Are you rocking some rear-entry Raichles?

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              I have lived in Utah for 15 years and have never been skiing. This is the year!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                              I've lived in Utah for 30+ years, never been skiing and don't plan to start this year, but I should come home with a few grouse tomorrow!
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                I've lived in Utah for 30+ years, never been skiing and don't plan to start this year, but I should come home with a few grouse tomorrow!
                                Sounds fun. You hunting deer this year?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X