No announcement yet.

Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arghh.. going to Boise for Christmas this year. Is there anything worse with winter weather and no good places to ride? I'm also looking at you, Wisconsin. I know some wise acre is going to invoke the name of Brundage or launch a Bogus apology, but it's depressing to fly your winter gear to a non-destination-worthy spot.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Arghh.. going to Boise for Christmas this year. Is there anything worse with winter weather and no good places to ride? I'm also looking at you, Wisconsin. I know some wise acre is going to invoke the name of Brundage or launch a Bogus apology, but it's depressing to fly your winter gear to a non-destination-worthy spot.
      I like Brundage but it is as far from Boise to Brundage as it to Sun Valley. Brundage will never reach its potential because I doubt it will ever be enough and an end destination to overcome that it is too far from a major metropolitan area to get day skiers.

Sorry Bro, I got two days lined up in Sun Valley and three days at the Canyons over Christmas break! I'll be thinking of ya!
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Arghh.. going to Boise for Christmas this year. Is there anything worse with winter weather and no good places to ride? I'm also looking at you, Wisconsin. I know some wise acre is going to invoke the name of Brundage or launch a Bogus apology, but it's depressing to fly your winter gear to a non-destination-worthy spot.
        No, no one is going to argue that Bogus is a great place to ski/board. I'm going to try to hit Targhee when I'm in IF for Christmas, though!
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• storm coming
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            storm coming
            No work scheduled for Wednesday.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
              I like Brundage but it is as far from Boise to Brundage as it to Sun Valley. Brundage will never reach its potential because I doubt it will ever be enough and an end destination to overcome that it is too far from a major metropolitan area to get day skiers.

Sorry Bro, I got two days lined up in Sun Valley and three days at the Canyons over Christmas break! I'll be thinking of ya!
              Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              No, no one is going to argue that Bogus is a great place to ski/board. I'm going to try to hit Targhee when I'm in IF for Christmas, though!
              I really need to hit Sun Valley. That's officially on my to-do list. As for the 'ghee, you gotta take Teton Village every single time if the snow is right. Of course that's Targhee's calling card, but it bugs me that they charge locals destination resort prices to ride what is and should remain just a really awesome local mountain.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Level 9 having a sale on select stuff through today and tomorrow. one of the things that is crazy marked down is the DaKine Heli Pro. been wanting a new backcountry bag for a bit and these are going for $59 on sale (normally around $95). I had an extra $10 off coupon, so out the door cost me less than $50. i picked up the octane colorway.

http://www.dakine.com/p/ski/backpack...ro-20l?clr=OTN

sigpic

Comment

• "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Anyone by chance head up to the cottonwood resorts the last couple of days and can give a snow report?
                    "Remember to double tap"

Comment

• Working on an almost 8" base! Cancelled the NYE party, Christmas break represents about 30-35% of the season revenue. So I'm going to go ahead and hope it doesn't snow at all. Since it will come late and stay through May jacking my camp season.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by venkman View Post
                        Anyone by chance head up to the cottonwood resorts the last couple of days and can give a snow report?
                        I was at Alta yesterday, but with little kids do I didn't get to any serious runs. No new snow in a week, but the snow was just fine IMO. I overheard some guy talk about the runs off wildcat and he thought the snow up there was pretty bad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Anyone by chance head up to the cottonwood resorts the last couple of days and can give a snow report?
                          I went to Alta on Thursday. I thought the snow was poor, but that is just me. I spent a couple of hours on Sunnyside and Albion with my son and he didnt mind because he was just plowing but once I headed up Supreme and Sugarloaf, it was all crud everywhere and a whole bunch of ice. There hasn't been any fresh stuff in a week. Not worth spending $80 or whatever it costs for a pass these days. Wait until it snows again or find a discounted pass.

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks guys. I'm taking my sons, so the lower runs would probably be doable. But I usually need to sneak in a few runs up Snake Creek or Great Western...not gonna drop $70 to slide around on ice. I'll hold off.
                            "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm taking my sons, so the lower runs would probably be doable. But I usually need to sneak in a few runs up Snake Creek or Great Western...not gonna drop $70 to slide around on ice. I'll hold off.
                              That's an entirely different canyon and resort so I can't vouch for Brighton. Also, there is usually no reason to ever pay full price for a day at Brighton since there are discount passes everywhere for that place.

that being said, I'd hold off, too. I'm not going back up until it snows again, unless it is just ski after 3 with my kids.

sigpic

Comment

• Got in a few days while visiting Utah. Hit Basin on the 20th after that big snowstorm and the snow was great (though with a limited base much of the mountain still wasn't open).
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X