No announcement yet.

Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targhee has a 55' base and 123' inches have fallen already this year. I'm not sure why people fly into Utah to ski that crappy snow.

Comment

• Late start, but shred szn has arrived at last.

AF08E404-317D-4BA2-A4D0-9582864ABEC6.jpg
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Late start, but shred szn has arrived at last.

[ATTACH]8443[/ATTACH]
        Get that kid some bigger skis!
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          Targhee has a 55' base and 123' inches have fallen already this year. I'm not sure why people fly into Utah to ski that crappy snow.
          Because it's worlds easier than driving to Targhee? I wish Jackson got Targhee's snow- then the only reason people would need to fly into Utah to ski is to avoid the crowds at Jackson.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

[ATTACH]8443[/ATTACH]
            Looks nice up there. Our two kids ran in the Thanksgiving 5K and won 2 free passes (thanks marketing department!). They will be heading up there later this week, while I work to support their carefree lifestyles.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

[ATTACH]8443[/ATTACH]
              Bachelor? Hood?
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Because it's worlds easier than driving to Targhee? I wish Jackson got Targhee's snow- then the only reason people would need to fly into Utah to ski is to avoid the crowds at Jackson.
                My oldest drove up to Targhee this past weekend. Got shut out Saturday due to high winds. He said yesterday was great though.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Bachelor? Hood?
                  I hope not. It's the friendliest and cheapest ski resort between them though!
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• https://youtu.be/XM5wA2L4MPE

So bad it will make you laugh.
                    Last edited by RC Vikings; 01-07-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• This was quite a highlight on youtube for me. Pretty scary! luckily nobody was too seriously injured.

On another note I went heli-skiing @ whistler again this year. The small capacity choppers were sold out so we did a 10-passenger, which was a lot slower pace, but it was a blue bird powder day, so we really didn't mind too much.

Comment

This was quite a highlight on youtube for me. Pretty scary! luckily nobody was too seriously injured.

On another note I went heli-skiing @ whistler again this year. The small capacity choppers were sold out so we did a 10-passenger, which was a lot slower pace, but it was a blue bird powder day, so we really didn't mind too much.
                        Wow, that was terrifying.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• We were up at Targhee this weekend and they still have a lot of snow. What started out as a very bad snow year has turned into a good one.

Comment

• We still have two trips this year; one to HFN’s place because the kids won passes to his place (thanks!), and one to his competitor south because the son still has a punch ticket left from Christmas. We’ll hit the former first since it is warming pretty quickly. Someone decided to buy a ski hill at 5500 feet elevation

But yeah, the season got better as the year went on. This is still a low snow year, but not terrible.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Anybody getting out this weekend? I am hoping that this weekends storm doesn't prevent me from heading down that way as I am planning to ski whatever runs the Canyons side of PC has open Saturday morning before heading down to P-Town for the BYU-Houston hoops game. If there is 12-18 inches of fresh snow on top of the man made stuff it ought to be a good day.

BEAT NAVY!
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                Anybody getting out this weekend? I am hoping that this weekends storm doesn't prevent me from heading down that way as I am planning to ski whatever runs the Canyons side of PC has open Saturday morning before heading down to P-Town for the BYU-Houston hoops game. If there is 12-18 inches of fresh snow on top of the man made stuff it ought to be a good day.

BEAT NAVY!
                                I mountain biked in Park City today. I could clearly see the trails at PC and The Canyons that they have been making snow on. But it was almost 50 degrees. But there is a 100% chance of snow over the next 3 days, so hopefully it dumps good and they can open more terrain than the handful of runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X