Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    They're going to have to open up more terrain, which probably means a lift from the top of Sac to Mary's Nipple or somewhere thereabouts. It's a great local hill and it does enjoy some good traffic, but I don't think I would go there over jackson if they raise the ticket prices any more than they have.
    I am with you. If they price themselves out of the local market and have to rely entirely upon tourists I think they will go TU like Sun Valley has 4-5 times in its existence. The local market is not real big so they need to stay a local hill.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Solid piece on avalanches.

http://www.outsideonline.com/2027456...e-2-forecaster
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        They're going to have to open up more terrain, which probably means a lift from the top of Sac to Mary's Nipple or somewhere thereabouts. It's a great local hill and it does enjoy some good traffic, but I don't think I would go there over jackson if they raise the ticket prices any more than they have.
        Even going to the top of Peaked Mountain doesn't give you any more vertical. I love Crazy Horse and spend most of my time there but Sun Valley gives you that same slope and 3000 ft of vertical. They have a nice little niche of being an out of the way place with great snow but it they try and go head to head against Big Sky, Jackson or Sun Valley they will lose.

Comment

• Quicksilver Gondola (new gondola connecting Canyons and PCMR) opens today. As soon as the Rockland School CHRISTMAS concert is finished we are enroute. My nipples are hard for the next few days. Not a great deal of terrain open yet, but that just means that as they open new terrain it will be EPIC as the mountain has had 2+ feet of powder over the last week!
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            Quicksilver Gondola (new gondola connecting Canyons and PCMR) opens today. As soon as the Rockland School CHRISTMAS concert is finished we are enroute. My nipples are hard for the next few days. Not a great deal of terrain open yet, but that just means that as they open new terrain it will be EPIC as the mountain has had 2+ feet of powder over the last week!
            Went up to snowbird yesterday and today. Pretty good coverage but still a ways to go for the whole mountain to be open.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
              Went up to snowbird yesterday and today. Pretty good coverage but still a ways to go for the whole mountain to be open.
              Sounds like by middle of next week it could be in the 100 inch base range.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• We were up to almost 45 inches and lost over 5 inches to rain yesterday. Temps have returned to snow levels in the last couple of hours and it is calling for snow everyday through the weekend. We are set to open tomorrow.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• I got out on my skinny skis yesterday for the first time this year. One hour on them and I was toast. Out of all the things I do this provides me with the best workout by far.

Comment

• Snow!
                    image.jpg
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• [QUOTE=HuskyFreeNorthwest;1236785]Snow!

Finally!
                      Let's keep it coming.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Any east coast skiers on here?

I am taking Tue-Wed of MLK week off and taking the family up skiing. I'd prefer not to fly. Anyone have good experience with an east coast resort?

I am not expecting an overwhelming response to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                          Any east coast skiers on here?

I am taking Tue-Wed of MLK week off and taking the family up skiing. I'd prefer not to fly. Anyone have good experience with an east coast resort?

I am not expecting an overwhelming response to this.
                          LOL.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            LOL.
                            I went sledding once with the youth from our Philly ward at Blue Mountain in Pennsylvania. I wouldn't go skiing there.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Isn't the east coast experiencing the warmest Christmas on record this year? Good luck finding any snow.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Up at snowbird for the next 2 nights and it is coming down hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X