No announcement yet.

Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70" base with more snow in the forecast! 100" is possible by the first of the year.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      70" base with more snow in the forecast! 100" is possible by the first of the year.
      Don't take you're foot off the gas pedal, El Niño!
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Up at snowbird for the next 2 nights and it is coming down hard.
        I was at the Canyons/PC from Friday-Tuesday. Monday and Tuesday were insane. Vail isn't winning friends though. I understand they are struggling to hire enough lift operators and are going much slower than I recall it going in the past in getting terrain open at the Canyons.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• First and last runs of 2015 last night. Hopefully 2016 is a better year.
          image.jpg
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

First and last runs of 2015 last night. Hopefully 2016 is a better year.
            [ATTACH]6593[/ATTACH]
            We were up there the day after Christmas. Wonderful weather, fresh snow. Busy, but not as crowded as I was expecting. One of the best days I've had there.

Here's hoping for a great season!
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Bill Johnson has died. I guess he had an amazing ability to ride a flat ski and glide which made the Sarajevo downhill perfect for him. Not many have faded away so quickly after burning so bright.

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/ar...s-at-age-of-55

Comment

• I participated in my first ever x-country race Saturday. I'm slow but I really enjoy it, it's a beautiful sport. Here are some pictures from the race. The 10km freestyle race starts at about 2:35.

http://rexburgski.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Snow eats farts
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• First time up will be week from Friday. Canyons is scheduled to have Tombstone and Orange Bubble Express areas open by then. I doubt they have Dreamscape and Dreamcatcher going but most of the middle will be up and running and it will be a blast. Likely to get another foot or more of snow between now and then as well! POW!
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Gorgeous day on the mountain, haven't seen NWC today though.

IMG_3587.jpgIMG_3597.jpg
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Gorgeous day on the mountain, haven't seen NWC today though.

[ATTACH]7727[/ATTACH][ATTACH]7728[/ATTACH]
                        I wish we were up there yesterday. Instead, we spent the whole day on a competing ski mountain for my son's Nordic ski meet. No skiing, just supportive parenting

We sort of partook of your fine conditions today, though. We just got back from the Autobahn. Great day!
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          I wish we were up there yesterday. Instead, we spent the whole day on a competing ski mountain for my son's Nordic ski meet. No skiing, just supportive parenting

We sort of partook of your fine conditions today, though. We just got back from the Autobahn. Great day!
                          How big is the Nordic youth program in your area? We have a high school club team and more and more adults are taking it up. Out of everything I do it's always the best workout I get during the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            How big is the Nordic youth program in your area? We have a high school club team and more and more adults are taking it up. Out of everything I do it's always the best workout I get during the year.
                            It's pretty big here. We have two mountains within an hour here. There have been meets every other week for the last couple of months, and we're getting schools all over from western Oregon. Last night we were up at HFNW's place for a night race. My boy and a few others skied shirtless, because that's apparently what crazy teenagers do...

We just took nordic lessons this year and I liked it. It is a crazy good workout. It's all part of my retirement plan. When I get too old to snowboard, I'm going to transition in nordic skiing.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Bachelor has a great system of trails for nordic skiing. Skate skiing is probably the best workout I've ever done. I did an 8k as part of the Pole Pedal Paddle and I was completely exhausted afterwards.
                              When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Yesterday, I played hooky with my two youngest and we held Primary up at Brighton. It was sunny and cold in the morning and I was worried it wasn't such a good idea to take them because they were complaining of the cold and we had to warm up in the lodge after only a couple of runs. After a couple of hours it warmed up quite a bit and we had a great time. I got my four-year old up on Snake Creek and Crest and he killed it. He didn't turn quite as much as I wanted him to, but he never once needed me to slow him down.

There have been some awesome powder days this year, but yesterday will likely be the day I remember most fondly.
                                When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

Working...
                                X