Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 703

Thread: Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

    I don't know how many of you Cuffers like to hit the slopes, but I know I've read a few posts about skiing from some of you (jxncoog and Surfah come to mind).

    Think of this thread as a winter version of the Golf thread--relive your favorite ski/board days, talk about future skiing plans, share news of upcoming snow forecasts, or whatever. Maybe some day we will have a Cuffer ski day at Snowbird or something.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  2. #2
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,824

    Default

    WHen my knees were much younger I used to ski a lot. One of my most memorable days was skiing on Germania at Alta on a mid week late winter day (who needs school?) when i was 17. At the mid run lodge the staff dragged out these old klipsch speakers thay used and were BLASTING suffragette city as my firned and I blasted through the bumps down to the face.

    Now, fast forward more years than I care to count and I am up on a silly little slope at a silly little resort in california (really, I am embarassed to mention it) and for the firs ttime I brought my mp3 player with me skiing. I pop it on as I statrt down the run and of the 500 or so songs I have on there, the one it randomply plays is, you guessed, suffragette City. I felt the decades melt away, and I didnt even fall. A glorious day.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  3. #3
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,807

    Default

    sadly, i think this season is dunzo.

    I could be wrong, though.

    I thought we'd get way more snow than we did. I didn't even have any epic days. Suck.

  4. #4

    Default

    My kids go at least once a week (not on Utah quality slopes but they like it). In our neck of the woods they let the kids out of school early every Wednesday so they can go hit the slopes.
    Last edited by pelagius; 03-12-2010 at 03:53 PM.

  5. #5
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    WHen my knees were much younger I used to ski a lot. One of my most memorable days was skiing on Germania at Alta on a mid week late winter day (who needs school?) when i was 17. At the mid run lodge the staff dragged out these old klipsch speakers thay used and were BLASTING suffragette city as my firned and I blasted through the bumps down to the face.

    Now, fast forward more years than I care to count and I am up on a silly little slope at a silly little resort in california (really, I am embarassed to mention it) and for the firs ttime I brought my mp3 player with me skiing. I pop it on as I statrt down the run and of the 500 or so songs I have on there, the one it randomply plays is, you guessed, suffragette City. I felt the decades melt away, and I didnt even fall. A glorious day.
    For a person that loves skiing (over snowboarding) is there anything more classic than the Germania chair at Alta?

    Alta is one of my favorite recreational places I've ever been and by far my favorite place to ski in Utah.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  6. #6
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    For a person that loves skiing (over snowboarding) is there anything more classic than the Germania chair at Alta?

    Alta is one of my favorite recreational places I've ever been and by far my favorite place to ski in Utah.
    ALta is my favorite place to ski ever. I have skied all over the west and in quite afew places in Europe and have never been anywhere I like more than Alta.

    Oh, and as you know, if you bring your snowboard, you can stadn with it in the parking lot, becasue they won't let you up on the slopes with it. (Is this still true? I guess I havent been ther in a few years .. .)
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  7. #7
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    ALta is my favorite place to ski ever. I have skied all over the west and in quite afew places in Europe and have never been anywhere I like more than Alta.

    Oh, and as you know, if you bring your snowboard, you can stadn with it in the parking lot, becasue they won't let you up on the slopes with it. (Is this still true? I guess I havent been ther in a few years .. .)
    It is still true and still as blessed as ever.

    Snowboarders need not apply.

    I have never skied Euro, but have skied Utah, Idaho, Mammoth, Tahoe, Colorado, and Vermont. Alta is also my fave. Vermont was an abomination and people on the East coast should be embarrassed to call that skiing. Worst snow possible. Icy conditions and flat mountains.

    I'd love to ski in Italy....the place where they filmed the original Pink Panther movie. So awesome. We were going to go there this past year but had to change our plans. I still want to get there someday.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  8. #8
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    It is still true and still as blessed as ever.

    Snowboarders need not apply.

    I have never skied Euro, but have skied Utah, Idaho, Mammoth, Tahoe, Colorado, and Vermont. Alta is also my fave. Vermont was an abomination and people on the East coast should be embarrassed to call that skiing. Worst snow possible. Icy conditions and flat mountains.

    I'd love to ski in Italy....the place where they filmed the original Pink Panther movie. So awesome. We were going to go there this past year but had to change our plans. I still want to get there someday.
    We skied courmayer (sp?) and a couple of other places in Italy and enoyed it very much. But it wasn't better than Alta.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

    I have never skied Euro, but have skied Utah, Idaho, Mammoth, Tahoe, Colorado, and Vermont. Alta is also my fave. Vermont was an abomination and people on the East coast should be embarrassed to call that skiing. Worst snow possible. Icy conditions and flat mountains.

    I'd love to ski in Italy....the place where they filmed the original Pink Panther movie. So awesome. We were going to go there this past year but had to change our plans. I still want to get there someday.
    I haven't skied anywhere in the East but skiing Lake Placid is on my bucket list.

    My FIL went to France last month for a skiing trip and I was invited but couldn't go. The original itinerary included 3 nights in Chamonix and 5 nights in Arabba in the Dolomites.

    Maybe next year.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  10. #10

    Default

    I think it's cool that Alta still only allows skiers. I haven't been there in years, though. Do they still have those rickety old chairs? I remember skiing there with my pops in the fifth grade and taking down my first black diamond and riding Sugarloaf on the same day. It was like a coming of age experience. It almost makes me want to start skiing again.

  11. #11
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    I think it's cool that Alta still only allows skiers. I haven't been there in years, though. Do they still have those rickety old chairs? I remember skiing there with my pops in the fifth grade and taking down my first black diamond and riding Sugarloaf on the same day. It was like a coming of age experience. It almost makes me want to start skiing again.
    the winter sports community does not need guys with Slayer stickers loitering around on the slopes. please go "catch some extreme air" somewhere else. I am sure there are plenty of other places to "get radical" on your snowboard, "bro."
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    the winter sports community does not need guys with Slayer stickers loitering around on the slopes. please go "catch some extreme air" somewhere else. I am sure there are plenty of other places to "get radical" on your snowboard, "bro."
    But "shredding" is "wicked" "gnarly," "homeboy"!

  13. #13
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,898

    Default

    I have only gotten out about 8 times this year. The snow has sucked big time up here, and with camp season rapidly approaching I am now hopeful that this weekend is our last snow of the year.

    I am heading up tomorrow, probably will just bike though. Skiing seems like so much work now.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  14. #14

    Default

    I love Alta's purity. Snowboards also wreck the bumps. I support snowboards never being allowed there.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I love Alta's purity. Snowboards also wreck the bumps. I support snowboards never being allowed there.
    Yes! Just last week I saw boarders side-sliding through mogul runs and

    I really didn't mean this to be a thread about bashing snowboarding, though, as I would like to include all downhill winter sports. Except slalom boarding, as only creepy old men in single-piece snow suits ride those things.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  16. #16
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Student View Post
    Yes! Just last week I saw boarders side-sliding through mogul runs and

    I really didn't mean this to be a thread about bashing snowboarding, though, as I would like to include all downhill winter sports. Except slalom boarding, as only creepy old men in single-piece snow suits ride those things.
    To show you how old I am, my skiing outfit of choice is some jeans and a retor (but I have owned it since it was new) woll sweater.

    What is a slalom board?

    The problem I have is that my youngest only snowboards so we now go to places that take skis and snowboards. Oh well.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    To show you how old I am, my skiing outfit of choice is some jeans and a retor (but I have owned it since it was new) woll sweater.
    Wow. You continue to outcreek yourself! Please tell me this is supposed to say retro wool sweater. lol.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    What is a slalom board?
    My understanding is that it could be two different types of boards:

    First, picture a typical snowboard that uses ski boots and bindings instead of snow board boots:

    (Notice the orientation of the bindings are much more front-facing than a typical snowboard.)


    Also, and I'm not sure that the second type I'm thinking of are actually called slalom boards (maybe just ski boards?), but it looks like two skis stuck together:



    The problem I have is that my youngest only snowboards so we now go to places that take skis and snowboards. Oh well.
    I have this fear already and I am brainwashing my daughter to never want to snowboard.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Student View Post
    My understanding is that it could be two different types of boards:

    First, picture a typical snowboard that uses ski boots and bindings instead of snow board boots:

    (Notice the orientation of the bindings are much more front-facing than a typical snowboard.)


    Also, and I'm not sure that the second type I'm thinking of are actually called slalom boards (maybe just ski boards?), but it looks like two skis stuck together:




    I have this fear already and I am brainwashing my daughter to never want to snowboard.
    That thing in your pic is usually called a mono ski. I've tried them and it really isn't much fun unless you're in deep powder.

  20. #20
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,807

    Default

    I started out on skis. Once I switched to snowboarding in the mid 90's (on a ghetto K2 Farmer and some Sorels fitted w/ ski boot linings) I never looked back.

    Snowboarding is the superior sport as far as fun factor goes. Skiing is right up there with rollerblading in my book.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    That thing in your pic is usually called a mono ski. I've tried them and it really isn't much fun unless you're in deep powder.
    Yes, that's right. I spaced on the name. The bottom images are of a monoski. They look like no fun at all. I like using my inside edges.


    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I started out on skis. Once I switched to snowboarding in the mid 90's (on a ghetto K2 Farmer and some Sorels fitted w/ ski boot linings) I never looked back.

    Snowboarding is the superior sport as far as fun factor goes. Skiing is right up there with rollerblading in my book.
    I ... ... not sure what to say. I can understand that a lot of people prefer snowboarding to skiing--everyone has their opinion-- but rollerblading?
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I started out on skis. Once I switched to snowboarding in the mid 90's (on a ghetto K2 Farmer and some Sorels fitted w/ ski boot linings) I never looked back.

    Snowboarding is the superior sport as far as fun factor goes. Skiing is right up there with rollerblading in my book.
    I don't want to get into the skiing vs boarding argument as I love both. My feeling is that skiing is initially easy but hard to become an expert. Snowboarding is initially tough but fairly easy to get to a point where you can take most runs. I'm an all mountain freerider type and in that context snowboarding became somewhat boring unless it was a powder day. When the freshies aren't present I find that I can go places and do things with skis that just aren't possible on a board.

    Another thing I would point out is that most of the guys I know who are good at both ski quite a bit more than they board.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Portland Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lands North
    Posts
    5,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I love Alta's purity. Snowboards also wreck the bumps. I support snowboards never being allowed there.
    This is the ONE reason that I hope Alta never changes.

    There is, possibly, only one place left on earth where you can find a good set of bumps with a true "line".

    Other places may have moguls, but they are schizo. No lines. Just randomness.

    For instance, there used to be some GREAT mogul runs at Targhee off of the old Bannock lift (now Dream Catcher). You'd ski down into the Chief Joseph Bowl, hit the moguls...get to the bottom of that set then ski to your left...hit the next line and drop....get to the bottom of that set and then to the left again.

    Those days are gone. Except at Alta.

    My gripe has nothing to do with the culture or act of snowboarding. It's just that the boarders DESTROY mogul runs.

    There is something very fun about hitting a great line and just getting in the rhythm. A rhythm that has been set by the first couple people skiing a powder run. Then followed by others. The track and rhythm repeated. Then, it is your turn. Your chance to take part in the rhythm. Your chance to experience the mountain.

    A good line on a nice set of moguls is dreamy.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Portland Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lands North
    Posts
    5,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    I think it's cool that Alta still only allows skiers. I haven't been there in years, though. Do they still have those rickety old chairs? I remember skiing there with my pops in the fifth grade and taking down my first black diamond and riding Sugarloaf on the same day. It was like a coming of age experience. It almost makes me want to start skiing again.
    IMO, the best thing about Alta's policy is that it may very well be the last ski hill on earth that has moguls with perfect lines.

    A great mogul run is a thing of the past at any other resort.

    There used to be some great mogul runs off the top at Targhee, but they are butchered.

    Because there aren't any more good mogul runs at most resorts, I either ski the powder if it's fresh and in good shape or I stick to the groomers. I find nothing enjoyable about skiing the "bumps" that are now so prevalent on ski hills.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Oh, and as you know, if you bring your snowboard, you can stadn with it in the parking lot, becasue they won't let you up on the slopes with it. (Is this still true? I guess I havent been ther in a few years .. .)
    Snowboarders can always get to the top of Snowbird and hike the little bit to the top and board down. But yes, it is still true that you are not allowed on the chairlifts if you only have 1 stick.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    For a person that loves skiing (over snowboarding) is there anything more classic than the Germania chair at Alta?

    Alta is one of my favorite recreational places I've ever been and by far my favorite place to ski in Utah.
    I agree about Alta. My favorite place to ski in Utah and maybe second-fave overall, after Teton Village (although Targhee comes close for sentimental reasons).

    I have a theory that the snow stays better longer at Alta because there are no snowboards with their larger surface area to pack it down. I have noticed after skiing consecutive days at Snowbird and Alta (a few weeks after the most recent snow storm) that Alta had significantly better snow.

    Not that I have anything against boarders--most of family snowboards--just something I noticed.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  27. #27
    Senior Member Portland Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lands North
    Posts
    5,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Student View Post
    I agree about Alta. My favorite place to ski in Utah and maybe second-fave overall, after Teton Village (although Targhee comes close for sentimental reasons).

    I have a theory that the snow stays better longer at Alta because there are no snowboards with their larger surface area to pack it down. I have noticed after skiing consecutive days at Snowbird and Alta (a few weeks after the most recent snow storm) that Alta had significantly better snow.

    Not that I have anything against boarders--most of family snowboards--just something I noticed.
    I think this also has to do with the fact that boarders tend to "scrape" the hill.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    For a person that loves skiing (over snowboarding) is there anything more classic than the Germania chair at Alta?

    Alta is one of my favorite recreational places I've ever been and by far my favorite place to ski in Utah.
    The old Germania lift was great, but my favorite area in Alta will always be the East Greeley area. The chutes there are steep, deep and a lot of fun to get down, plus there's hardly anyone there, even on the busiest days. Alta was always a great place to go but it doesn't hold the nostalgia that Solitude and Sundance have for me.

    I know, I know, you're wondering how I could prefer Solitude and Sundance to perhaps the greatest ski resort in the world. I will admit freely that Alta is a better, but growing up, for reasons of economy (Solitude) and proximity (Sundance) those were the resorts I went to the most. When it's open, Solitude's Honeycomb Canyon has some of the best chutes around. The powder is awesome and, once again, nobody around. I spent an entire day in Honeycomb and every run down was first tracks. The Summit lift also has some really fun runs when you go to the left of the lift into an area called the headwall. We'd spend most of our mornings on the Summit lift, hit Honeycomb just before lunch, then after lunch more of the summit and Honeycomb once or twice to finish off. There's a reason why Solitude is called Solitude, not many people around, especially on the Summit lift and honeycomb. One last thing that's awesome about Solitude is that you ski free on your birthday. I

    I'll take a lot of crap for promoting Sundance, but that was my base resort. I lived fifteen minutes from there and my senior year in particular I spent more time on that mountain than I did in class. Sure, it's tiny, the snow isn't that great, and it's not very challenging. But that's kind of where I cut my teeth, so to speak. I have fond memories of mastering Bishops Bowl, hitting the stump jump, and going way way back, night skiing with our elementary school group.

    I don't get out on the mountain as much as I used to. Knee injuries have taken some of the joy away and now I live far away from the greatest snow on earth that I knew and loved in my youth. The snow here is heavier, icier, and I have to drive two hours, pay $50 to wait in line 30 minutes just to ski down what most Western skiers would consider a bunny hill with bumps here and there. Sometimes you don't realize what you have or how lucky you are until it's gone.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

  29. #29
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pellegrino View Post
    The old Germania lift was great, but my favorite area in Alta will always be the East Greeley area. The chutes there are steep, deep and a lot of fun to get down, plus there's hardly anyone there, even on the busiest days. Alta was always a great place to go but it doesn't hold the nostalgia that Solitude and Sundance have for me.

    I know, I know, you're wondering how I could prefer Solitude and Sundance to perhaps the greatest ski resort in the world. I will admit freely that Alta is a better, but growing up, for reasons of economy (Solitude) and proximity (Sundance) those were the resorts I went to the most. When it's open, Solitude's Honeycomb Canyon has some of the best chutes around. The powder is awesome and, once again, nobody around. I spent an entire day in Honeycomb and every run down was first tracks. The Summit lift also has some really fun runs when you go to the left of the lift into an area called the headwall. We'd spend most of our mornings on the Summit lift, hit Honeycomb just before lunch, then after lunch more of the summit and Honeycomb once or twice to finish off. There's a reason why Solitude is called Solitude, not many people around, especially on the Summit lift and honeycomb. One last thing that's awesome about Solitude is that you ski free on your birthday. I

    I'll take a lot of crap for promoting Sundance, but that was my base resort. I lived fifteen minutes from there and my senior year in particular I spent more time on that mountain than I did in class. Sure, it's tiny, the snow isn't that great, and it's not very challenging. But that's kind of where I cut my teeth, so to speak. I have fond memories of mastering Bishops Bowl, hitting the stump jump, and going way way back, night skiing with our elementary school group.
    Small ski areas are great, and often have more flavor even if they have less vertical pitch than the big boys. Sundance is a fun place. I am disappointed that you would stop at Solitude when another 5 minutes up the canyon would put you at an equally affordable lift ticket at much better resort.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Small ski areas are great, and often have more flavor even if they have less vertical pitch than the big boys. Sundance is a fun place. I am disappointed that you would stop at Solitude when another 5 minutes up the canyon would put you at an equally affordable lift ticket at much better resort.
    For me Solitude was cheaper and at the time they didn't allow snowboarders. They still don't on the summit lift and in Honeycomb canyon. My brother worked in the travel industry and could get me reduced tickets. I'd pay $15 for a full day at Solitude, that was about half the price of Brighton at the time.

    The thing about Solitude is that you have to get to know it to appreciate it. If you stay on the front mountain and ski the quad all day then it's boring. Powderhorn is fun, but the best stuff off that lift would take you to Honeycomb, or down the backside to the Summit. I've skied all the resorts along the Wasatch front plenty and the right places in Solitude on a good day (summit and Honeycomb) made me very happy. I'm not saying either resort is the best in the world, just that I have a lot of good memories there because of how frequently I skied there.

    Oh, and if anyone is looking for an awesome date go to the yurt at Solitude. Great food and a cool xc ski trail to get there and back.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •